Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

[POLL] Political stance?

Do you generally agree with conservative, progressive, or moderate policies?

• Conservative (Righty)

Votes: 18 41.9%
  • Moderate Conservative

Votes: 13 30.2%
  • Moderate Liberal

Votes: 7 16.3%
  • Progressive (Lefty)

Votes: 5 11.6%

• Total voters

Vantagepoint34

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why? You don't actually believe my opinion actually means anything. You really should not let people get to you who are only expressing an opinion.

You show up to a hospital emergency room, receive treatment, and cannot pay for treatment... Who pays? The money doesn't just fall from trees. The cost is passed on to those of us who can. So an individual that is not responsible enough to have insurance, DOES harm others. And let's say your medical bills are so much that you go into bankruptcy... what happens to everyone you owe money with unsecured dept? Well, they are out of luck... and lose money. So an individual that fails to have a means to pay for healthcare, DOES harm others.... And what about if you have kids? The kids are not responsible, they can’t get their own insurance.

And if you wreak your car, and only have collision insurance, I agree... that is only to protect others... But you can not just walk onto a car lot and have them give you a new car, like you can show up at a hospital emergency room and receive treatment.

I am not suggesting that we should turn people away needing medical treatment. What I am suggesting is that you can not apply a completely free-market solution to medical problems when you remove moral hazard. There are a lot of other reasons why a completely free market solution will not work for health care, but that would require a long explanation I'm sure you will not read. But if you are interested... please send me a PM and we can take this off line without boring the cr@p out of everyone.

The President was the leader of the silly 'Birther Movement" and where Obama was accused of not being American. Did Obama tweet out stupidity like a prepubescent teenager? The opposition party is going to investigate you... Clinton was impeached, the Obama administration was investigated repeatedly. The amount of time and money spent on Russia investigations pales in comparison to the time/money spent on Clinton investigations. Nobody is suggesting that Trump has to be 'sweet and nice'... but he doesn't have to be childish and counterproductive. You see the biggest problem the President has is that he makes enemies he does not have to.

The President needs to STAY FOCUSED on his agenda and stop doing stuff like trolling an autistic teenage girl who isn't even a US citizen.

Trump's comments about McCain's war service happened 20 years ago, when he was an Independent, and just before he became a Democrat, 15 years before the President made his comment about Mexicans. And what exactly did McCain say about the President's comment about Mexicans: "I just disagree with his comments about the, quote, Mexicans," THAT'S it!!! The President responded by launching a nonsensical rant via tweet.

Several GOP Senators went to the Senate Majority leader wanting assurances the that the bill would protect pre-existing conditions, and extended coverage for children to age 24. But the repeal bill lacked this specific language. Do you blame them for not believing Mitch?

Trump should not bend over to anyone. But he should do as promised, and if being cordial gets you what, that’s politics. Senators support their electorate, when they do not, they get voted out.

Raphael Cruz did not murder President Kennedy. Raphael Cruz was a revolutionary, and he did want to overthrow Batista. In fact, he was a revolutionary when Castro was still in Mexico, but there were several revolutionary groups in Cuba, many who worked together for common cause, but when Castro emerged the victor, and steered the nation to communist dictatorship, he left.

I never said Trump should watch his language... I said it wasn't helpful. Kim is STILL FIRING ROCKETS, he restarted his weapons grade Plutonium program. And the President hasn't said a word. All the condemnation is coming from the UK and EU.

I AGREE with the President on China trade, my problem is his method and execution. It took us 20 years to get where we are with China. This isn't the President's fault, but his approach needs to be long term because he is not going to fix this overnight. I support his abandonment of the TPPTA, which would have been a mess. I do not like unilateral trade agreements... including NAFTA... but all we did was rename it. We should separate agreements with Canada and Mexico.... and if Mexico and Canada want to have a trade agreement that's between them. NAFTA and USMCA only gives the ability of Canada and Mexico to use our infrastructure to trade with each other... both agreements allow us to be used.

Trump won PN, MI, OH, and WN in 2016, promising working-class voters he would revive US manufacturing. But all four states have lost more than 16K job last year alone. In 2019, production workers earned 20% below the national average, A third of manufacturing employees rely on food stamps or other federal assistance programs to make ends meet. After a big surge in manufacturing jobs under Trump in his first two years, the numbers are dropping, and jobs created are not earning as much as expected.

The Economic Stabilization Act of 1970, was passed by Democrats, Nixon just signed it, but yea the wage and price controls were a bad idea, but it did create a market boom because it controlled inflation. It was a short-term fix that created long term problems. It did control inflation and launched a market boom Much like our current deficits and the market boom created by the tax cut. I'm not defending everything Nixon did, he made mistakes, but he knew how to get things done. It’ okay to support a President and at the same time voice disapproval when he does something wrong. But no one should ever blindly march lock step behind anyone.
Hospital emergency room. I think that was sanders' speech a couple of weeks ago. btw kim's health is failing him... Soon he'll end up like his ol' dad. Btw this president I would read about his "lifestyle" in the 90's he would freely get drunk and walk the streets of NY at night. The fact he acted and got all the way to president. This guy is far away from Ulysses s. grant. Which bush idolized. I was wondering mike what you thought of bush after he went out before obama. See some similarities in lame duck president similar to trump? Trump might just go out in one term. TBH I'm leaning conservative still even after everything with bush.

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Those are two completely separate issues: the driver insurance requirement is designed to protect anyone you might injure with your vehicle; unlike health insurance, it isn't designed to protect YOU....unless you're advocating that people should start carrying uninsured sexual partner riders on their health insurance, just in case they transmit an STD to an uninsured person?

In any event, I'm 100% opposed to forcing people to carry health insurance. But, I'm also opposed to any law that would forbid doctors from providing services to uninsured persons; if a patient wants to pay cash, and the doctor wants to accept cash payment, that should be completely between them. No body shop will turn away a cash customer, just because he wrecked his car without auto insurance.

On the other hand, if you're suggesting that doctors should be permitted or required to deny emergency care to uninsured persons, as much as I'm in favor of people being compensated for the services they provide, THAT would require a major alteration of established tort law. After all, I'm not even a doctor(nor any other type of medical professional), but if I discover you in need of emergency medical attention, and I just walk away, and leave you to die, I can be sued... successfully. An actual doctor would lose his license(and probably much more), for letting an uninsured patient die, without attempting basic care.

Blah, blah, blah....potayto/potahto.

Oh, you mean like when you win an election, and the entire established attempts to prevent you from taking office, by spreading rumors that you're a "Russian Spy," and the CIA attempts persuade the Electoral College to change their votes, by assuring then they have non-existent "classified evidence" of this "fact," and a special prosecutor is appointed hamstrings the first two years of your administration with a bogus investigation, and Congress eats up a 3rd year with a bogus impeachment? But, ALL of that could've been prevented, if Trump had just been nicer to those sweet, sensitive people, like Hillary Clinton, Barack Obama, James Comey, Bob Mueller, Nancy Pelosi, Adam Schiff, Jerry Nadler, Mitt Romney, John McCain, Paul Ryan, and Chuck "Six Ways from Sunday Schumer??? Why didn't you speak up sooner?

You're out of your mind, if you believe those "poor sensitive souls" have only been uncooperative, because the President said uncharitable things about them. I'm glad he calls them out, because he's practically the only one who does, and he is the only one who consistently does. I suppose, if the Establishment finally decides to Kennedy him, you'll say, "if only he'd been nicer to them"? SMH

McCain started it, dumbass! I'm sorry, but I have no choice but to conclude the people who continue to perpetuate this crap are lazy, stupid, dishonest, or all three. Take your pick, but I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt. McCain started railing against Trump, as soon as he announced, hopping on and ginning up the "all Mexicans are murders and rapists" bulls hit narrative, in McCain's special way he had of pandering to leftist journalists. Trump ignored it the first few times McCain did it, but it finally became a story he wasn't permitted to ignore, because journalists kept asking Trump about McCain'd persists criticism, and deliberate mischaracterization of his words...which finally devolved into Trump rebutting a reporter's characterization of McCain as a "war hero," to which Trump currently responded that getting captured doesn't make anyone a way hero.

I'm losing my patience with your nonsense.

So, it's "weak" for a senator to let bygones be bygones, and support the President from his own party, but you wanted President Trump to "drop his pants" for Senator McCainary?? Make up your mind!

BTW, Ted Cruz's father wasn't expelled from Cuba by Castro, but was expelled by Batista, for being a commie comrade of Castro's. Trump didn't start those rumors about Raphael Cruz. (not saying the sins of the father are the sins of the son)

What politicians say and how they vote, when it doesn't change anything, doesn't matter; if it did, Nancy Pelosi, Chuck Schumer, and Barack Obama would all be volunteering their labor to help build the border wall

He did. He called him "little Rocket Man"! Remember? And, YOU people said that he should watch his language, because he was going to start WW3! How soon you forget. In fact, McCain called Kim "that little fat kid," but everyone just thought McCain was "straight taking," and laughed it off. Trump didn't start saying nice things about Kim....UNTIL he stopped firing rockets! So, I guess, even a NK dictator has a more even temper than little Johnny McCain did.

That's funny, since, if not for Trump, there wouldn't even be a trade war...only the status quo surrender, prior to his administration. Do you even know how to quantify success in that war? China was months away from becoming the world's leading economy, when President Trump took office. Now, China is not only stumbling (and not only due to its current health crisis), but more Americans are starting wise up to the foolishness of offshoring all our manufacturing to China... including our medical supplies! You're wrong. We're winning. Stop listening to neocons like Bill "Sour Grapes" Kristol; they're making you look stupid.

In case you didn't notice, one of the changes Trump made was to eliminate the economic/wage advantage to manufacturers moving their facilities South of the border.

So, THAT was it, all along, eh, genius? The tweeting? So, if he'd only stopped tweeting in 2015, after he announced, he probably would've won 10 more states, and by 50 points, huh?? Geez, I guess he should hire you and Bill Kristol as re-election campaign consultants, since you were right, along.

Oh! Wait! What's this? Looks like Trump has been Tweeting about "Sleepy Joe," "Fake News," and "Fake Impeachment," just within the last few days. I mean, I don't usually follow his tweets or keep up with the polls, but isn't that the standard "naughty" stuff you people want him to stop talking about?:/

Well, at least we know what your standards are....wage and price controls, out of control inflation, normalizing communist China, and establishing the petro dollar, which artificially tamped down domestic oil production, created the "energy crisis," and has kept us embattled in the Mideast....not to mention establishing the campaign spying model that Obama ran away with, and the dirty tricks that started this whole "Russia, Russia, Russia" nonsense. That's your pick, huh? Figures.
RooshV talks a bit about doctors and insurance and coronavirus here

Last edited:

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just another stark example of you expounding on topics about which you know dangerously less than nothing.
Okay, just your opinion, no problem. Like I said, eliminating the FED has serious ramifications, and if you want to have a rational discussion about this... fine. I SAID it was complicated... we are limited in how much we can type in one post.

1) The Federal Reserve Act was written and introduced by the exact same bankers the sucker were told its purpose was to regulate and reel in....the same banks that run the Fed, today.
This was passed in 1913. And was created to supposedly insure economic stability. It has been amended a NUMBER of times, in it's current form it creates more problems than it solves. On that we agree. They adjust rates to limit the amount of money that is available in the consumer sector... lower rates... more borrowing and more money is spent... higher rates.... less money and less money is spent. More money without corresponding real time demand means higher inflation. The Fed controls inflation, which creates economic stability and increased investment.

2) Federal Reserve Notes were ORIGINALLY backed by gold, by law, under the Federal Reserve Act that established it...and FRNs remained (nominally) backed by gold unit 1971, when Nixon untethered the dollar to gold, and subsequently tethered it to OPEC.
Yep, and when we came off the gold standard, the Federal Reserve Act of 1913 was changed again. And this is my point, as long as we had the gold standard, the Fed could not create money from nothing... now it can. I say again the Fed, in it's original form did not create the problems we have with the Fed today. I disagree that we 'tethered' it to OPEC, you are referring to the Petrodollar system established in the wake of WWII, where oil exporting counties tied the value of the product to the US dollar. When we went off the Gold Standard the UK converted their dollars to gold. The result, the dollar plummeted. Which helped the U.S. economy as its export values also decreased, making them more competitive. Dollar devaluation hurt OPEC countries because contracts were priced in U.S. dollars, with revenue falling with the dollar. The cost of imports, denominated in other currencies, increased. This helped our trade. OPEC counties are more sophisticated now and Petrodollars are now recycled, and profit made for oil exports are used to invest in the US, and purchase US goods and services. There is a reason that OPEC countries buy US military equipment and invest in the US, because it minimizes the effects of US dollar disruption. I'm not saying it is perfect, case in point Petrodollars hidden in investment is around $400 billion (estimate because we really don't know) if much of this is held in US backed securities, and they should decide to cash these in, our interest rates would climb, and the cost of servicing our debt would climb as well. This is why our national debt is the biggest threat to our national security.

4) As far as controlling inflation...that depends what you mean by that.
Explain under item 1. When I talk about inflation, I am not talking about market based increases in prices... I am talking about the effects on an economy when supply of money exceeds demand. In a growing economy you will always have inflation, but these effects eventually balance out as supply meets demand (as long as you don't monkey around with it with things like wage and price controls)... but as the economy grows, it will continue to happen. The Fed can limit these effects if used properly, but when you use the Fed to do things like quantitative easing, or stimulating growth... well... that isn't helpful long term, it just creates bubbles that eventually burst.

5) Gold backed FRNs and credit backed FRNs aren't the only two options. The colonials used unbacked, interest-free colonial script as currency. There's no purpose to continue paying interest for unbacked paper, which is what FRNs currently are...unbacked paper issued at interest...interest paid by taxpayers to private bankers.
To be fair I never suggested that these were the only two opinions. And I agree with you that there are other options that we can discuss ad nauseum. But anything we do will be VERY difficult with our current debt level.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This tells you more about McCain than Trump.

McCain cared more about himself than he did about fixing Healthcare for the US.
Repealing Obamacare would not have fixed our healthcare system. Obamacare was passed under the dilution that it would control prices by increasing the number of people who were insured... it didn't. It was foolish, but there were some provision of ACA that most people liked. All McCain, and the other Republicans that voted against repeal, was assurances that many of their constituents said they liked. That's it. A reasonable person would have called these Senators to the Oval Office, with the House Speaker, Majority and Minority leaders of the Senate and figured out what they wanted, and negotiate a deal. The President is supposed to be someone that knows how to put deals together, but it's hard to do when you just go around creating enemies.

It is completely fair to criticize McCain on political positions he has taken, and it is fair to criticize him for not voting to repeal Obamacare. It is not fair to launch a personal attack that calls into question his heroism as a POW in a war. It also lacks a certain amount of self-awareness to do this when you received a draft deferment because of bone spurs to get out of the war this person served in. It also lacks wisdom to do this with a person you might need your help from.

I know the President has been ridiculed for things that are irrelevant, and many things said about him and his supporters are unfair. Name calling and pointless insult does nothing. It might make you feel better, but it's alway a better option to just ignore insults and stay focused on what you want to achieve. If you REALLY want to bother someone, then just be indifferent to insult.

Georgepithyou

Banned
Reaction score
When you mean conservative i hope you don't mean neocon, i reap conservative is deeplybrelgious and traditional.

I don't see that with neocons at all

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Rolling back ACA would have undone tremendous damage.
2. McCain was an utter piece of $hit who was an equal part of the Russian hoax. He was a part of railroading innocent Americans and I hope that traitor is burning in hell.
3. McCain continued to be a piece of $hit when he put US citizens LAST in his vendetta against Trump.
Just piss on the flag while you're at it. The Russians give the right wingers their marching orders, and our traitor president, too.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
1. Rolling back ACA would have undone tremendous damage.
Putting all this on McCain is not fair. He did not vote for ACA, and voted 40 times to repeal it. But his constituents wanted specific language protecting pre-existing conditions and would allow children to stay on policies up to age 24. So if the Senate Leader agreed to these two simple conditions, it would have been repealed. the other two GOP Senators that voted against repeal wanted more.. they wanted to know what would happen to people who lost coverage with ACA's repeal. The GOP in this case were just as guilty as Democrats that rammed this down our throats. They never attempted to to build consensus and compromise. Anyway, whose to say McCain didn't save the GOP from itself. If ACA had been repealed, 20 million people would have lost coverage, and many millions more would have been kicked off of Medicaid... this wold have been a PR nightmare for Republicans. As it stood the GOP lost control of the House because, in part they tried to do this, and who is to say if they had they wouldn't have lost the Senate. My point is we do not know what would have happened.

2. McCain was an utter piece of $hit who was an equal part of the Russian hoax. He was a part of railroading innocent Americans and I hope that traitor is burning in hell.
McCain never said anything about alleged Russian involvement in the Russia investigation. A British foreign service officer handed him the Steele Dossier. McCain's only statement about it was that he DID NOT BELIEVE IT. He only spoke with one other person about this, and it was Sen. Lindsey Graham, who agreed it should be turned over to the FBI and let them decide what to do with it. Then said did not say another word about it, McCain did what any American would do when given something like that from a foreign agent, he turned it over to the FBI Chief. McCain had nothing to do with anything that happened after that. It was not McCain's roll to discover the versity of the report, had he not handed it over to the FBI, someone else would have. The FBI Director shared this information with Obama and Biden, and directed that the incoming President should decide what to do about it. The next person to see this report was Trump's transition team.

3. McCain continued to be a piece of $hit when he put US citizens LAST in his vendetta against Trump.
Well... if it really was a vendetta I suppose he would be a piece of sh!t move. and that would be a fair comparison. If that was his intent, well... he succeeded in getting under the President's skin... the report resulted in Trump's impeachment and also resulted in many of his close advisors going to prison. Again, if this was his plan, underhanded thought it might have been, it worked.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It worked meaning he chose to keep ACA at the exoense of American citizens.
ACA is not bad for all Americans. It is personally bad for me, no doubt. And I certainly would have loved to see it repealed, But support for ACA was at 50% with disapproval at 44% when the vote was taken in July 2017, and this effort to repeal the law was one of the reason the GOP lost control of the House. Today Approval for Obamacare is at 55% with Disapproval at 37%, so we my friend are in the minority. You can not fault a politician for supporting a law most Americans support.

Additionally McCain PAID for the fake dossier. He was a total piece of $hit collhding with foreign agents to influence an election and then to take down a President.
McCain did not pay for the Steele Dossier, the Steele Dossier was paid for by the Clinton Campaign, thought GPS, and Steele, who compiled the report had no idea who the originating client was. McCain had nothing to do with the Steele Dossier other than what I just typed.

The guy deserves to have his legacy trashed, because he was trash.
His legacy is not trashed, if he deserves it... history will tell. His favorability numbers, even at his lowest point, was 58%... The President would kill for those numbers.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I really hope he was put to death, if that was the case as accidentally spoken on live tv.
He endured torture for your country and refused to tell the vc that he was an admiral's son because it would have gotten him favorable treatment and early release.

Go back to white motherland, wherever you conceive it to be, because you are not an American.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's a reason you are broke, nearly homeless, and seem to hate everything American.
Aww, is someone cranky that Great Leader's incompetence has screwed your investments? And you wrote that before the market opened today, lol. I'm sure you are in rare form right now.

Trump bungled coronavirus. It's obvious. He also coddled the two murderous dictators who are having a pissing match over oil right now. He loves Putin and MBS, mostly out of admiration for their ruthlessness, but it never occurred to him that they might be out for themselves and not such great guys.

How much of your money will you lose and still support the one man responsible for your own destruction?

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trump is a fraud. He couldn’t even reach 45% approval with the stock market at record highs. His sham Presidency is unraveling before our eyes.

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Trump is a fraud. He couldn’t even reach 45% approval with the stock market at record highs. His sham Presidency is unraveling before our eyes.
Don't say that. Putin might get offended.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Don't say that. Putin might get offended.
NPR is reporting that Putin refused a phone call from MBS, which made him furious, and he then opened their oil taps in retaliation. It is a childish temper tantrum, which also would have not been possible under previous saudi leaders, except mbs consolidated power and eliminated all opposition. Maybe when he was caught murdering khashoggi we could have stopped kissing his ass, but no, Trump loves dictators.