Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Poll finds 70% of women say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' if he was under 6ft

SeymourCake

Banned
Reaction score
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/a...e-Daniel-Radcliffe-Jack-Black-Seth-Green.html

Tom Cruise, Daniel Radcliffe, Jack Black, Seth Green and Macauley Culkin should probably visit their nearest Cuban heel outlet the next time they're interested in wooing a lady friend.

The vast majority of women say a man 'wouldn't stand a chance' in the love stakes if they were under 6ft in height, and 'would struggle' to get their attention... despite the average height of the British man being just 5ft 10ins, two inches below a 'perfect' height.

And although men are getting there (slowly but surely), having shot up by four inches in the past 100 years, 71 per cent of females still say the ideal height for a male partner is between 6ft and 6ft 6ins, according to a new poll.

Meanwhile, the average height of women in the UK is 5ft 4ins - just one-and-half inches more than 100 years ago.

And as far as men are concerned, 45 per cent would date a woman taller than them - if she would have them - and 49 per cent said the ideal woman was between 5ft 7ins and 5ft 10ins tall, according to the study of 1,400 British women by men's big and tall brand High And Mighty.

Of these women, 71 per cent want their man between 6ft and 6ft 6ins, 26 per cent between 5ft 7ins to 5ft 11ins, and three per cent between 6ft 6ins and 6ft 11ins.

A total of 63 per cent also said they thought that 'taller men' were sexier than smaller men - mirroring Hollywood's penchant for taller leading men such as 6ft 3ins tall Thor star Chris Hemsworth and 6ft 3ins tall Transformers star Josh Duhamel.

Women also said they believe that 'short man syndrome' or 'small man's inferiority complex' - also called the Napolean complex after the famous emperor Napolean Bonaparte, who was 5ft 6ins tall - really does exist, with 62 per cent saying smaller men had an inferiority complex linked to their height

A total of 33 per cent of women polled said they believed tall men were happier than short men.

Women were also asked which factors were 'most important in a man', with the top answer being a sense of humour, followed by kindness, height, grooming, physique, fashion sense and hair.

The poll found that 72 per cent of men were 'happy with their height', with the most ideal height listed as 6ft by 23 per cent, 6ft 2ins by 17 per cent, and 6ft 3ins by 10 per cent.

Some 54 per cent of men polled said they thought 'height made no difference to their attractiveness'.

Sally Smith, 32, of Birmingham, said: 'I'm 5ft 8ins and my ex-boyfriend was only 5ft 7ins. After a while I got a bit sick of looking down on him and never being able to wear heels, so after a year I gave him the push.'

The accounts worker added: 'I'm now dating a man who is 6ft 2ins, and now I can wear whatever kind of shoes I want without feeling like I'm towering over by boyfriend.'

Psychologist Portia Hickey said: 'Psychological research has found that women tend to describe their ideal man as taller than average.

'Women's attraction to taller men is likely to be driven by both evolution and positive stereotypes about tall men.

'Women are likely to associate a tall man with higher social and professional status as well as reproductive potential, making them seem more attractive.'

corrector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Translation: If you are 5'11 put 6 feet on a dating profile..do not an inch or two kill your chances. Also lie about your age if you have a youthful face but are older. Otherwise you are shooting yourself on the foot when it comes to online dating as women are super-picky and can next you on either of those two issues.

floydb25

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too bad it has no basis on reality, and most very attractive men are shorter and skinnier than most. They also have feminine (ie, pretty) features.

Everything women say goes right out the door once they find someone who's physically and emotionally attractive to them personally. Believe none of it. What they THINK or CLAIM they want is rarely ever what they respond to.

And dude above: I had (have?) a profile on matchmaker a couple years ago, and received 250+ e-mails that I couldn't even read (makes you pay). Who knows what happened since, as I don't use that alternative e-mail address anymore (or even do online dating). I was clean cut in the photos, and people always say I look younger than the actual age. The height was 5'8. No actual profile or description was provided, since I kinda forgot about the whole thing / didn't give a **** / was probably just AW'ing like a *****. :moon:

So yea... not accurate. Don't fret over this kind of ****, or think you have no chance in the dating field because of it. Certainly don't allow it to doubt your abilities, and don't use it as an excuse for failing. Height, build, age, race, being "nice"... these were never issues for women, and were never (ever) brought up, or used as a reason for rejecting me. Ever. Now being a needy / clingy, weak, shy, insecure, moody / emotional / crazy scared little sissy ***** with no backbone, on the other hand... those were DEFINITELY brought up.

Eternal_water

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
shorter guys seem to be better dancers which helps them a lot in the clubs.

Taller guys just don't look right "club" dancing

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
hahaha!

I am 6ft 1ins, a little overweight and a face only a mother can love.

Must explain why I can still get laid.

My perfect woman is 5ft 2. there is something so hot about holding on to woman who only comes up to your chest.

Funnily enough I bumped into a man who was like a giant in a shop the other day, literally about 6ft 7. For once, I actually felt intimidated by his height, almost like I had bumped into a lion or something. I got the reason why short dudes are so ready to try and fight or have a go at us taller dudes, because they must feel the same around us.

Sincerely, not all short men have the complex. Some of the best mates I have had have been short, and I am still convinced if you are more than 5ft 6in and have good facial genetis, that puts you ahead of tall guys with normal faces. Women like a hansome face over everything IMO, within reason.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:
Everything women say goes right out the door once they find someone who's physically and emotionally attractive to them personally. Believe none of it. What they THINK or CLAIM they want is rarely ever what they respond to.
Yeah, file this under "Don't believe what women say". Women are attracted to height, but to say guys under six feet "wouldn't stand a chance" is just silly.

Fatal Jay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'9 and get more bit*ches then basketball players

Purefilth

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
6'4" and I get all the azz i need:)

plate did tell me she loves my height and actually giggled at the thought of a short guy trying to get her out on a date.

May not just have been about the height though, guy is a betaboy, found her on facebook after meeting her one time and now keeps messaging her - annoying she claims.

Note to all here, dont just go nd find a girl on facebook and start messaging her. GET THE NUMBER. Otherwise youre deluding yourself and wasting your time too.

MikeOck

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NEVER believe a woman when she tells you what she wants in a man, most of them have no clue.

Height is only a negative with the average women if you are REALLY short or REALLY tall. Otherwise, your own perception that your height isn't good enough will damage your game much more than your actual height will. Go into every interaction with the belief that you are the greatest thing to walk the earth and you will do well.

Hydrak

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't believe this. Women are clueless about what they want in a dude, what they say the want is rarely true. Women have been brainwashed by hollywood and the saying "dark, tall and handsome". I don't doubt one second that height is an important factor, but not as important as people paint it out to be.

Also, shorter guys look more muscular because they need to build less muscles in order to look big. Taller guys just cant fill out the frame as good as shorter dudes, they have to put a lot more work to it. There's a reason why almost every bodybuilder is 6'<.

djjizzyjeff

Banned
Reaction score
I see the whole topic as nothing more than a bait thread by the dailymail.co.uk to troll men and women on a 6ft topic as it's discussed a lot so they can get more clicks for their advertisers money.

To say that amount of women wouldn't go out with anyone who's under 6ft is completely hilarious to anyone who's been outside in real life. It's not even worth the view for the extra ad click.

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
floydb25 said:
Too bad it has no basis on reality, and most very attractive men are shorter and skinnier than most. They also have feminine (ie, pretty) features.

And dude above: I had (have?) a profile on matchmaker a couple years ago, and received 250+ e-mails that I couldn't even read (makes you pay). Who knows what happened since, as I don't use that alternative e-mail address anymore (or even do online dating). I was clean cut in the photos, and people always say I look younger than the actual age. The height was 5'8. No actual profile or description was provided, since I kinda forgot about the whole thing / didn't give a **** / was probably just AW'ing like a *****. :moon:

So yea... not accurate. Don't fret over this kind of ****, or think you have no chance in the dating field because of it. Certainly don't allow it to doubt your abilities, and don't use it as an excuse for failing. Height, build, age, race, being "nice"... these were never issues for women, and were never (ever) brought up, or used as a reason for rejecting me. Ever. Now being a needy / clingy, weak, shy, insecure, moody / emotional / crazy scared little sissy ***** with no backbone, on the other hand... those were DEFINITELY brought up.
couldn't of said it better myself brother. Here is a buddy of mine from back in the day.....he was only 5'10. Do you guys really think this guy had problems getting women? he got more ass than a stripper pole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD841sTORzU

betheman

Banned
Reaction score
I met one guy, 6'6", dumb as fck, bald, unemployed, pathetic creature, he was always getting loads of e mails and dates from pof chicks though.
try a pof profile and put your height on there as 6'4" + and watch what happens

Uncharted

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 5'10 and I do fine. This is BS women-speak "what is the ideal male". I'm sure they also answered "sweet guy, buys me flowers all the time, calls me every day, writes poetry". And all these AFCs aren't getting any.

Don't listen to anything a woman says.

I also usually date shorter chicks (5'1-5'5), but I've hooked up with a few 5'7-5'9.

Fruitbat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
In addition, I think this all depends on the person.

Personally, I just don't find women over about 5'5 attractive. I would forego attractiveness, boobs, even personality for this. A 5'9 woman or above could be the best woman, the most perfect woman but I just can't deal with legs as long as mine, big feet and hands etc.

Most men aren't as specific as me in this department, and it's the same for chicks.

However, there is a significant amount of women just like me in reverse. I guess for some women, it's absolutely essential.

I don't buy that this is one of these things like buying flowers and being AFC. Most women also say they wouldn't date a fat dude = true. Also, most women these days wouldn't stay with a guy with a 3 inch penis = true. Most wouldn't date a dude who had dodgy teeth (another thing women find important) = true.

Not everything thet say is BS.

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
corrector said:
Translation: If you are 5'11 put 6 feet on a dating profile..do not an inch or two kill your chances. Also lie about your age if you have a youthful face but are older. Otherwise you are shooting yourself on the foot when it comes to online dating as women are super-picky and can next you on either of those two issues.
Funny thing is, in the metric system 5'11 is an exact 180 cm. Which works perfectly fine in dating profiles. If this question had been asked in a country with the metric system, women would probably have said that 180 cm was the cut-off point. But because it was asked in Britain they say 6 feet, because it is a more even number than 5'11.

Wolfgang D

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
captain55 said:
couldn't of said it better myself brother. Here is a buddy of mine from back in the day.....he was only 5'10. Do you guys really think this guy had problems getting women? he got more ass than a stripper pole

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD841sTORzU
Good Lord, that's your buddy? I gotta ask, do you know if he uses steroids? Getting a body like that is really hard without illegal supplements. With or without steroids though, he must be working out, what, four hours every day? Nicely done.

captain55

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wolfgang D said:
Good Lord, that's your buddy? I gotta ask, do you know if he uses steroids? Getting a body like that is really hard without illegal supplements. With or without steroids though, he must be working out, what, four hours every day? Nicely done.
this video is over 10 years old bro, i can assure you dennis does not look like that anymore. I simply posted a video of him as an example....of a man who had it all at one time and got it taken away from him in a fraction of a heartbeat. (when he was 24...he developed leukimia and his wife left him).

he was only 23 years old in the video i posted. He is a good example to learn from, because lets be real....if there was any guy who looked like a real life superman, it was him....and even he was human. Guys have a false perception of what women really want...they think unless they look like some ****ing superhero they dont stand a chance with a decent looking chick....nonsense. i can assure you that the hottest chick you probably know...will never **** a guy who looked as good as dennis did in his prime.
even though he wasn't even 6 feet tall :)