Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Poll: Are you a Metrosexual?

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yo,

these cats in my office told me this new term for guys who are into the way they look. For example, manicures, pedicures, fashion, and designer hair products. Basically, any guy who has his Itshay together. You know, a clean crib. Matching gear. The guy that the five queereye guys make into. You know the rest. But YOUR SEXUAL PREFERENCE IS WOMEN. Has anybody heard of this erm because I'm new to idea? Holla!!

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Bump

Bump

DEKKA

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah ask your grandpa what he thinks about being a metrosexual... no doubt he lived in a time when men were real men and all that $hit... im not saying start taking tips on how to be a player from your grandpa but he'll give you a good idea of how a man should take care of himself.

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wtf is wrong with people on this board being so curious about these "metros"

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok...

So you're saying that you don't pay attention to detail?? Don't you check other dudes style and wear?? Is you're apartment so clean,that when you bring an a woman over she's wondering does a another woman live there?? I was told it's just a look. It's not derogatory. It's just making sure those gators are clean and those slacks are pressed before you step out. Holla.

Julian

Banned
Reaction score
^^word.

Reaction score
when describing a man i dont like to use thw word "metro" or "sexual" let alone the combination of the two...the word they used in the past when men or society for that matter were concerned about their public appearance and dressed nicely was "DAPPER" - clean and pressed and well-kept hair!

not every guy is dirty and sloppy or has a messy home - today i think women r actually keep their place messier if not dirtier - hos dont like to clean house!

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Rollo

For example, manicures, pedicures, and designer hair products.
hell no, that's where I draw the line...that's going a bit too far for my tastes.

yes, to a point. you should always try to look sharp when out struttin yo stuff.

Basically, any guy who has his Itshay together. You know, a clean crib. Matching gear. The guy that the five queereye guys make into.

everybody should know how do this, it's not hard at all. when I watch that queer eye show, the most common thing that strikes me is how trashed and dumpy some of their homes are. you'd be amazed at how much better your crib can look when you actually take some time and just clean it up, vacuum, scrub the shower, wipe your pubes off the toilet, blah blah.

yeah, so I'm fairly neat & clean plus I take care of my appearance (not religiously though). it just shows that you have your sh!t together and aren't waiting for mommy to come over and clean up after you. just a part of bein' your own man.

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There's something to be said for the whole ridiculous "macho swagger"...who are you out to impress? Nobody cares, most of all REAL men. Real mean don't feel the need to go around beating their chest, shouting "I'M A MAN!"

Most of the confusion stems from not even knowing what manicures and pedicures ARE. A men's manicure and a women's menicure aren't the same thing. A man's manicure is basically getting your nails and cuticles trimmed. No nail polish, no shining, none of that crap.

Real men don't feel the need to go advertising how macho they are...reminds me of a story I heard recently.

"Kid walks into the Oriental and up to Doc Holliday's table. Doc is peacefully listening to the nearby piano player rendering "Clare de Lune".
"You Doc Holliday?" the kid asks.
"I am," replies Doc. "Hope you're not here lookin' for trouble."
"No, sir," says the kid. "But I am a gunfighter, and I'd like to get some tips from you."
"Very well," murmurs Doc. "Show me what'cha got."
The kid wheels 'round, drawing his gun in the process, and shoots the cufflinks off the piano player, without causing the piano player to miss a note.
"Whaddya think?"
"Not bad, Kid," purrs Doc. "But if I'se you, I'd smear a good bit of bear-grease on that gun."
"Will that make me faster on the draw?" asks the kid.
"No," drawls Doc, "But it will make it less painful; 'cause when my friend Wyatt Earp finishes playing 'Clare de Lune' on the piano, he's gonna come over here and shove that gun right up your ass.""

THA REALNESS

Banned
Reaction score
:mad: No i don't agree with that **** pretty boys ,effiminate ,metro-sexual ,etc..... somewhere deep down inside them they want to be loved by other men.

THAT **** IS GAY!THE FUKKING TERM IS GAY! STOP BEING DYCKRYDERS !!

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree, the term is stupid. People feel the need to attach a label to everything. Funny how all the "real men" (Cary Grant, Sean Connery, etc) would be considered metrosexuals today. Men aren't getting more "sissified"...the problem is that the male equivalent of feminazis are walking around thinking that the more you smell, the more manly you are.

There was a time, just a few years back, when it was UNHEARD of for a man to leave his house without being dressed in an impeccably pressed suit, with perfectly shined shoes, neatly combed hair, and a hat (a real hat, not a baseball cap) on his head. Cary Grant wore a fresh suit to get his hair cut. A friend of mine had a grandfather who would wear a freshly washed and ironed shirt to ride the tractor on the farm...

I agree, when you start wearing pink spandex, you've taken things a bit too far. But the problem isn't that men care too much about their appearance, the problem is that man are excusing their laziness and lack of concern for their bodies and their grooming as "manliness."

Don Serbe

Reaction score
Yeah it is obvious that such girls in the office have alot of time on their hands. My boss is the same and I don't know what angle she is coming from given i walk into work with stubble on my face.

At the end of the day these are people who usually are insecure about themselves so they need to label others. The media is also to blame and women as we know it are heavily influenced by it.

I think i got the label because i blurted out once that Docle Gabana is kitsch compared to Valetino. Heck I know what style is even if i can't afford it. I think it also bugs them that I drink short blacks which is common in Southern Europe but obviously metro in Anglo Saxon countries where men have most under attack.

I might oneday just to prove my point by grabbing her by the ass and then asking her whether she still thinks I am metro. :)

Knicknack

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don Serbe
Docle Gabana is kitsch compared to Valetino
this is the sh|t i'm talkin about... WTF are you doing knowing what that BS is and then braggin about it?

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, what's wrong with knowing what Dolce & Gabanna is, and how it compares to Valentino? I can sit here and talk design for hours, but it doesn't make me any less of a man. If I was Nelly, and talking about my Air Force 1's, nobody would have an issue...but you talk about the clothes a man wears, and suddenly you're gay...how curious.

Hirez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah...

Originally posted by Mr. Latte
Dude, what's wrong with knowing what Dolce & Gabanna is, and how it compares to Valentino? I can sit here and talk design for hours, but it doesn't make me any less of a man. If I was Nelly, and talking about my Air Force 1's, nobody would have an issue...but you talk about the clothes a man wears, and suddenly you're gay...how curious.
Your gay...just watch the South Park Episode...

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, if the new guy AND cartoons say it, it MUST be true.

Hirez

Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry Sir...

I have been here a little bit longer than you...I have just been on hiatus...

Furthermore...I know my **** better than you...get more ***** than you...and am not a homosexual like you...

How about you go get a pedicure and a fashion mag?

Mr. Latte

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're obviously super cool, and get all the girls, and have a super-huge weiner. Give me a break, and find something constructive to do with your time.

DoubleA

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YO!

Fellas,

Relax.

I was just asking what you Dons thought about a term that describes a Metrosexual.

Me personally, I have been living on my own for about three years with no roommate an I will tell you this much It seems now that I am older I care a lot more about my appearance than when I was twenty-two. I did date this girl who would give me manicures.( Damn I miss that girl!! ) and I can honestly tell you, Jordan and Dr. J were RIGHT. They make your hands feel GOOD. No Bull*hit. Keeping your apartment or crib clean is a must. I've been able to bring a brawd back here and eventhough my spot wasn't the cleanest they still felt comfortable. I've gotten better at it because I hate coming home after slavin at the job to unwashed dishes and a disgusting bathroom.

I know a little about fashion but not enough to spur a debate. I don't spend an hour looking in the mirror before I step out. I don't live for shopping. Hell, when I go to the mall I park literally at the closest entrance to where I'm going inside. I get what I want and I get the F out. I'm going to get off the fence and conclude this poll by saying Metrosexuals are nothing but guys who are so self-absorbed that they extend themselves in other areas while neglecting to use the tools they are ready have. Brains and good looks. Oh..BTW, I don't believe Cary Grant was gay, but....

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by GigaloDJ
Haha. Any real DJ is not a metrosexual.
On the contrare. Many a REAL DJ is a metrosexual because he is so open and secure of himself and aware of his looks and how he is perceived that fashion, style, hair, grooming is an important part.