Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pointless Thread: Impressed Buddy at Hooters

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A buddy of mine and I decided to head up to Hooters earlier tonight because... uh... because they have really good buffalo wings. Yeah, that's it. Buffalo wings.

Actually, we went up there because we're both two recently single guys and we just wanted to have a little fun.

Our waitress was a very cute blonde chick... in fact, I checked the place out, and we got the best waitress both in looks and personality. I think a lot of girls at Hooters miss the overall Hooters philosophy. These girls seem to think that they're just like any regular waitress at any regular restaurant, except they wear skimpier clothes. That's not the Hooters philosophy, though. Waitresses at Hooters are supposed to flirt with the guys and act interested even if they aren't. Most of the waitresses there weren't doing that, but ours did.

After she went to go get our drinks, my buddy says, "It's going to be hard to order without ending every sentence with 'my naughty little vixen' (as in, "I'll have the bucket of ten buffalo wings, my naughty little vixen.").

A while after she brought our stuff out, I'm kinda checking out a basketball game on one of the televisions and just taking a bite of my sandwich when the waitress comes up behind me and slams her hand on the table. "How's everything going?" she shouts as I almost jump out of my skin and have a heart attack.

"Jesus Christ!" I said, shooting her a look.

She gives me a devilish grin. "Did I scare you?"

"No, it's all right," I say. "If you make me choke to death it'll be your lawsuit."

"I would never let you choke to death," she says. "I know CPR."

"In that case, could you come back and do that again?"

She laughed and hit my arm (lightly, of course). My buddy was pretty impressed with it all. He and I don't usually go out and pick up women.

When she came to drop the check off, the waitress said, "You know, if you really did start choking at this point, I wouldn't know if you were for real or just trying to get some action."

The only sad part of this story is that she was engaged. Still, it was pretty fun. I'm just starting to get back into the swing of things after cancelling the wedding and breaking up with my ex-fiance.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is just sad...

Giovanni, you lamented about getting married, cancelled the marriage and now you just posted a story about meeting an engaged waitress in a hooters restaurant that was working hard for tips...

What next? You"ll enlighten us about your trip to the nearest wh0rehouse?

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dude, what the hell is your problem? Did I, like, drown your kitten in a past life or something?

No sh*t she was working for tips, dumbass. I said that. The point isn't that she was working for tips, or that she was engaged. In fact, the thread subject should have made it fairly clear that there wasn't much of a point at all, but that's not entirely true either...

The point is that I was in a 2-year relationship -- engaged -- and after our break-up a couple of months ago, I started wondering if any of this was worth it. Now THAT'S sad.

But last night, the old Giovanni came back, and I found that I still had my touch with the ladies. Now, the fact that this girl works in a restaurant where feigning interest in guys almost surely equates to a bigger tip means that I can't really speculate as to how interested she was, engaged or not. And to me it doesn't matter -- what matters to me is that it showed me that life is going on, and I haven't lost my touch. An added bonus was the complete admiration of my friend, who was in awe with the way I handled this girl.

But to answer your question, a friend or two and I are thinking about hitting Vegas this summer... so if I visit a wh*rehouse, I'll be sure to post a field report, you sicko.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LoL

It seems like you're desperate to hook up with a hooter waitress but at least you haven't lost your sense of humor.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DjDreamer
You seem desperate to hook up but at least you haven't lost your sense of humor.
I'm not desperate to hook up, it's actually the opposite. In fact, I wish I was a little more desperate to hook up.

See, in the past I've had girlfriends who I've broken up with for various reasons. You know, it's not working out, or we're both going off to college, or the b*tch is cheating on me... whatever. And I've been dumped in the past too. But none of those times really mattered because even though they were long relationships, there was no expectation that they would last. This time was different, because we got engaged, we were planning the wedding, she had bought the wedding dress and we had bought the wedding rings, put the deposit down on the church, all that jazz.

Then, like six months before the wedding, we break up. And even though the decision to break up was ultimately mine (although I don't really feel like I had a choice), it definitely has made me gunshy. I've found myself AVOIDING hooking up with anyone -- of course, it's only been a few months -- because I just can't get excited about it and I've felt that there was no point.

Yesterday might have been the turning point... I guess I'll find out soon enough. But desperate to hook up is one thing I'm not right now.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not desperate to hook up? Well that's just bad news for the sosuave pimps...

Anyway...

I think you gained apathy to relationships due to you cancelling an enagagement when you use to excessively praise marriage. You are a bit confuse right now...you don't know whether to try build another LTR or just spend time at a vegas wh0rehouse...

jbbrain

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Giovanni Casanova
Then, like six months before the wedding, we break up. And even though the decision to break up was ultimately mine (although I don't really feel like I had a choice)
OK Gio, I admit it, you have helped me summon uo all my curious tendencies..I might have missed it..but what did she do that made u feel you had to break up and call the whole "shabang" off?

CLOONEY

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff Gio. U probably needed the couple of months off to get your head together!! If you are ready, this is a good start. Do you want a LTR now or just to fukc around?

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gio, some answers please

Weren't you the guy who was going to be married to the 20-year old single mom, or was that someone else?

I remember a long thread in which I participated, questioning this move, and you (I think it was you) said there was no doubt in your mind she was your life partner/soul mate, etc., and that 100 percent you were making the right decision, no question about it.

Nothing wrong with those statements and I'm glad you felt that way. Just wondering what happened?

Also, your story proves that love is never stable, it's always in flux and all of us out there should be ready for the unexpected.

Best wishes in your future endeavors Giovanni. You sound like a good guy.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
LOL, can I get a big "I told ya so" from everyone here!
You defended that single mommy till death, now how do ya feel? Im willing to bet your next GF won't have any kids, LOL. :p

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DjDreamer
This is just sad...

Giovanni, you lamented about getting married, cancelled the marriage and now you just posted a story about meeting an engaged waitress in a hooters restaurant that was working hard for tips...

What next? You"ll enlighten us about your trip to the nearest wh0rehouse?

DJDreamer: Whats your problem? It feels good to remember how much power you can leverage in a conversation...For a guy starting out again, you have to change the way you act to a certain degree...Remember that your back playing a game.

Goodluck Gio...

Trance

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This wasnt really worth posting..

Obviously this girl was just playing around, making some fun out of her boring job. Did a small chat with this girl while she was serving you seemed impressive? :/

Go get some girls, and post a story once you pickup one.

Genghis Juan

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A little over a year ago, I ended a 2 year LTR, and getting back into the dating game is difficult because you're rusty. Especially if one isn't aware of the ways of the DJ; like me.

I was great at playing relationship games; mind games, getting control and stuff, but the weakest point right now is seduction.

O well.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by jbbrain
OK Gio, I admit it, you have helped me summon uo all my curious tendencies..I might have missed it..but what did she do that made u feel you had to break up and call the whole "shabang" off?
There is no short answer to that question, and I've debated with myself a couple of times over whether or not to post what happened here. So far, I'm just not willing to do that. However, I will say this...
  • She didn't cheat on me.
  • I didn't cheat on her.
  • She had some behaviors that I felt I couldn't live with.
  • We had some arguments but basically the break-up was amicable.
I know that's very vague and not likely to satisfy anyone's curiosity. But it's just not something I want to get into right now.

Originally posted by CLOONEY:
Do you want a LTR now or just to fukc around?

Well, I know that eventually I'll be ready for an LTR again but that ain't right now. So, out of the two choices you gave me, I'll have to choose the latter, although I haven't been doing too much of that, either.

Originally posted by WestCoaster
I remember a long thread in which I participated, questioning this move, and you (I think it was you) said there was no doubt in your mind she was your life partner/soul mate, etc., and that 100 percent you were making the right decision, no question about it.

Nothing wrong with those statements and I'm glad you felt that way. Just wondering what happened?

At the time of that thread, I had gotten engaged to this girl, and if I had any doubt whatsoever that I wanted to be with her -- for life -- then I would not have gotten engaged to her. Or, alternatively, I would call things off. You might remember (or maybe not) that I had said that the wedding was over a year away (at that time) and if I had reason to believe that things wouldn't work out, I would call things off. Well, that happened. It's unfortunate, but it did. I wasn't going to be sucked into a situation where I got married and then was miserable. I stand by what I said at that time, but circumstances have changed. Both then and now, I did what was right for me.

Originally posted by myfriendblu:
LOL, can I get a big "I told ya so" from everyone here!
You defended that single mommy till death, now how do ya feel? Im willing to bet your next GF won't have any kids, LOL.

First of all, myfriendblu, if no one has called you an asshat yet today, allow me to be the first. Secondly, none of the stuff that happened had anything to do with her being a single mother. Further, I don't regret for a minute that I was with her or her daughter. Now, it's painful to lose both a fiance and the girl I had treated as a daughter, but it was all worth it.

I don't know who I will end up with down the road, or if they will be a single mother or not. But I know that I won't discount a single mother based solely on that fact. If I had done that in this situation, I would have missed out on some of the greatest moments of my life.

Originally posted by Trance:
This wasnt really worth posting.

I love how people go into a thread that says right there in black-and-white "Pointless Thread" and whine about how it wasn't worth posting.

WestCoaster

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks

Thanks for the reply. Your story proved my point in that love is rarely stable, always in flux, nothing is certain, and be prepared for the best or the worst. Always be willing to adapt. I'm glad you answered my question.

And good answer on the single mother. I dated a single mom (a long time ago) for about a year. I thought we really connected, but in the end she really sh-t on me. It was sad not just to lose that relationship (though I'm glad today I'm out of it) but also her daughter, whom I had a great rapport with.

I don't discount single moms, no way. I keep an open mind about everyone.

Thanks for the wise thoughts.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Secondly, none of the stuff that happened had anything to do with her being a single mother.
Well, Im not there to dissect the relationship but I will say this - In my experience, kids can put a strain on OTHER ASPECTS of the relationship. So maybe it wasn't DIRECTLY because of the kid, but kids can indirectly put strain on a person(your GF) and other aspects(your relationship)

All in all, I knew this was bad news. A 23 year old guy with a young, single mother is ALWAYS a bad recipe. No arguing or changing that. I don't expect you to admit to anything - It didn't work out and I KNEW that was coming.

Giovanni Casanova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by myfriendblu
It didn't work out and I KNEW that was coming.
Let me explain something to you, Nostra-dumbass (and I mean that in the nicest possible way). If you start a new business, I wouldn't have to look at it or know anything about it -- and I could say that it would fail. And would I be right? Probably. Most businesses fail in their first year. It's even worse over a five-year period. Statistically speaking, it will fail. So am I a swami for calling it? Doubtful.

It's the same way with relationships. I can run around this site all day, telling each and every guy here that his relationship won't work out. Maybe the girl's a single mother, maybe they're from two different backgrounds, or maybe she has a high-pitched laugh -- there's no such thing as a perfect girl, and none of us are perfect either, and the result is imperfect relationships. Every single time. Sometimes two people can overcome the imperfections of the relationship, and it will last. But often, that isn't the case. Most relationships will fail, sooner or later.

The result of all of that is that people like you can walk around telling other people that their relationships will fail, and barring a huge statistical anomoly, you'll be right more often than you're wrong. The only problem with that is that it doesn't really do anyone any good, except let you puff out your chest with pride and declare yourself the winner of the Two-Bit Miss-Cleo-Wannabe Tea-Leaf-Reader of the Day Award. But there's no escape from the high probability of relationship failures, except to avoid relationships altogether. And anyone who lets fear of failing prevent him from having relationships has already failed, as far as I'm concerned.

prosemont

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Gio, great stuff! You really showed your buddy there how you STILL have the goods with the way that waitress at Hooters hit your arm and all that witty repartee you had with her.

Too bad she was engaged because she was really into you, dude.

Of course, the point isn't whether she was into you or not but just that you still have your touch with the ladies, that much is certain.

And, dude, don't worry about these guys giving you shiite about your ex-fiance. Even a relationship with a young single mother stands as good (or as bad) a chance of surviving as any other relationship.

You obviously picked her out because you saw things you liked and thought it would work or you wouldn't have gotten engaged. And, of course, thinking that, you'd declare your love for her and declare how great the relationship was. Not only didn't you mind that she had a child, but sounds like you actually enjoyed having the child in your life as well.

Whatever went wrong must have been things that you either didn't see before or she changed somehow. Being a Master DJ with all your experience in these matters, I'm sure it was just that she just hid her true self from you or she changed radically because you wouldn't have gotten engaged so soon, I'm sure, had you had any doubts whatsoever, especially considering your plethora of experience with women.

Good luck man. If the Hooters event is any indication of your touch with the ladies, you'll be able to do whatever you want with any woman.

YOU'RE THE MAN!

Porky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Why's Giovanni getting flak? he had a good night, felt his confidence build up again after recovering from a hard time, decided he wanted to share his good time with some of his sosuave chums, and you guys start giving him ****?

get a life. Giovanni doesn't post garbage, so don't tell him what he can and can't post, and what he should and shouldn't say.

myfriendblu

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The result of all of that is that people like you can walk around telling other people that their relationships will fail, and barring a huge statistical anomoly, you'll be right more often than you're wrong.
What the hell did you expect? The whole single mother drama was between me and malibu, it was basically us arguing about wether or not to date a single mom, the obvious disadvantages and, in my opinion, lack of advantages. Then you blurted in and went on and on about how great your relationship, running your mouth about how great your GF was and how much you like dating a single mom. I in turn told you that your nuts, and that there isn't a sno-ball's chance in hell a 23 year old guy has in a relationship with an even younger single mom. A guess what? I was right, in a very quick time. Matter of months. And what? After all that you expect me to not beat my own drum a little bit? TUFF. Im beating it wether you like it or not. Deal with it, and unlike YOU, Im not resorting to personal name calling. Deal with it.