Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

POF help needed

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Alright guys I'd really appreciate some help here!
I've recently been drawn to POF again as I'm in a new job working 60 hour weeks, and it's live in, so I'm struggling to get out as much to meet girls.

Now, you can judge for yourselves in a bit but I don't think I'm bad looking, but I get little to know success from this site....I'm guessing I'm doing something wrong although I'm not really sure what? I'll start by posting the profile, if you wan to see any copies of messages or conversations with girls then I'm happy to post them up also.

http://www.pof.com/viewprofile.aspx?profile_id=23855087

Thanks, and all help is GREATLY appreciated.

TRSX

Don Juan
Reaction score
You look gay, and those guys look like your boyfriends.

The **** you need to have pictures of you around a bunch of dudes? Shows insecurity IMO. Couple pictures of yourself, they cant ALL be bar shots. (doing soccer, out fishing, whatever) - and then if its a group photo, find one with girls.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The thing is I don't actually have that many pictures!
My POF profile is compiled of Facebook pictures, which invariably consist of bar shots and stuff!

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have hobbies! I kick box for one thing and there's a couple pictures on my Facebook of me doing that but a) it's a group photo, and b) i don't exactly look that flattering in it having been exercising for 4 hours!

TRSX

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm telling you regardless of what any of your girl friends say - POF/OkCupid , its an art gallery for them. THey need to like what they see first then they will read your profile.

They will deny this, but its the honest truth. The internet allows girls to judge you based on looks before they decide to engage you. (Thus why daygames/nightgames are better IMO because they can see your personality right away)

Ask your parents, siblings if they have any good photos of you.

better yet, if you have a plate, tell them to take a photo of you

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh believe me mate you're preaching to the converted, it's just handy to have an outside view on how the photo looks.
I've find one which is perhaps slightly better, if you have time have a look and see what you think...

TRSX

Don Juan
Reaction score
Im going back to what I originally said.

You need solo photos (so they arent guessing who you are). Just cut the guy on the right off if you want. And more diversity. (but not too much)

/thread

SgtSplacker

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It kinda sounds like you would not have to much time to spend with a girl. Talking about work too much gives that impression. You want to hint at the fact that you are a hard working person, but not say you don't have time for anything. The pics are not exactly flattering, take some outside at a park or something in the sun with light colored clothes. The martial arts pic only shows you take martial arts, take a closer one of only you doing something cool. Just a group photo like that sucks, cant even tell who you are.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah I know what you mean about the pictures, I'll try to get some more taken on my next day off! Although I did think the one with 3 of us in a bar was quite flattering lol!
Have you had much luck with POF out of interest?

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Change to 'looking for lOng term relationship' and that you want children. Use 3-5 of your best photos. Use a shirtless photo. Spam out this message to all the hottest chicks...

My roommate came into the room while I was looking at your profile and told me that if I didn’t message you, she would. Now, she’s straight, so that’s probably an empty threat but she does have an eye for pretty chicks so I’m totally going to trust my mom’s judgment on this one. Let me know if she’s correct or else I swear to sweet baby Jesus I’m going to fulfill my promise of shipping her off to the “resting” home. It's up to you to be a super-heroine, or else jello time for mommy =)

When they reply, your next reply should be something like... "hey! How's the site been treating you so far? =) (your real name)

Next reply to her should be something like "same here. I'm actually not on here much. Been busy a lot. Give me your number and I'll give you a call sometime. =) (your name)

You're a better looking dude than me (no homo) and this works pretty good for me. You should do fine

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
List as many interests as you can. Put a few in between like 'sleeping while
Listening to the rain fall', 'cuddling watching scary movies', 'sensual kisses'. Just make stuff up. Play the game

Your profile seems like a good start, just need to add some meat to it.

IronDJ

Don Juan
Reaction score
X2 on the shirtless photo. I tried the OKCupid mybestface page to get the pics I use rated, and my shirtless pic was one of my best scoring pics. I recommend using that if you want a completely objective view of a pic that you're considering.

Posting the shirtless pic alone got me a lot more attention. I race triathlons, so my shirtless pic actually was in a situation that made sense to be shirtless. I would recommend a pic where you just happen to be shirtless than a standing in front of the mirror pic.

Iceberg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
incognito42 said:
List as many interests as you can. Put a few in between like 'sleeping while
Listening to the rain fall', 'cuddling watching scary movies', 'sensual kisses'. Just make stuff up. Play the game
Hah. Might as well put "Long walks on the beach" and "Horseback riding."

I mean, there's no science behind this stuff, but it's best to save the sappy romantic stuff for when you actually start dating the girl. When you're online, the best idea is to entertain. Something quick, funny, and not-trying-too-hard. You want to be the fun, carefree guy. Not the who's trying to oversell himself.

Naughty Ninja

Banned
Reaction score
Iceberg said:

I mean, there's no science behind this stuff, but it's best to save the sappy romantic stuff for when you actually start dating the girl. When you're online, the best idea is to entertain. Something quick, funny, and not-trying-too-hard. You want to be the fun, carefree guy. Not the who's trying to oversell himself.

Trust me dude...they read "cuddling", "listening to the rain fall while sleeping", "scary movies" and it put thoughts of them being fvcked in their head especially if you use a good cut up shirtless pic of yourself. You can't outright get sexual unless you look like a God...and even then chicks will think it's a fake profile anyway and flake.

They look at your pictures, you hit them with subtle sexual scenarios or innuendos. "cuddling", "skinny dipping" "scary movies", "horseback Riding", "falling asleep while listening to the rain fall", "long showers", beach, massages, etc.

You give them mental images to think about in a row for while seeing your main pic shirtless (as long as you're cut up). A lot will straight up mention a few 'interests' of yours and MANY have mentioned cuddling and went into sexual chat or play coy and send the number over right away.

pdx1138

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
the twilight words and photo are funny actually.

lots of women despise twilight.

The brunette in one of those photos is smokin hot! (keep that one up for sure)

I'd get rid of the karate one and just list it as an interest, or
write that your a (insert color/degree) Belt/ninja or something funny.

pictures with friends are not a bad thing, shows you're not a social moron/loner.

I've seen profiles WAY worse than yours. not bad actually.

incognito42

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Iceberg said:

I have no plans on dating them or having a relationship that involves romancing them. They put up a shield that says they want a serious relationship, kids, a good guy, blah blah. You take that shield down by playing along, and then if you continue playing along you find out all they really want is sex from a guy willing to play that game

Like naughty ninja said, you will get comments and sometimes have chicks initiate conversation based on these exact interests. They'll jump right into saying " I bet you're a good cuddler", or some other sexually escalating talk. I have 50 interests listed, half of which I have no interest in, and 10 or so others that involve cheeseball stuff that gets the chick thinking sexually

Like you said, it's not an exact science and theres many methods. Im guessing mostly just having the right pics, being carefree and fun and not giving a shyt are the essentials. I was just trying to give this guy another option other than his own method, since it worked for me and I know it would work for him. Plus it's simple to explain and covers every aspect of sending out the initial contact to having the number and having the chick instantly ready to meet after very little work

Vice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Want some help?

Get your ass off POF and go approach women in REAL LIFE.

LuisGarcia10

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the help and I'll definitely implement it.
Incidentally since changing a few pictures im having a bit more luck, got a date lined up and talking to another couple of decent girls so it's going bette definitely!
Appreciate all the comments!
See I always would have thought that putting "looking for a relationship" would be a bad idea, but clearly I'm wrong!