"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Poetry For Me Is A Hobby

BW14

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 19, 2003
Messages
25
Reaction score
0
Age
38
Location
Da ville
I love writing poems mainly about life and stuff when I was like 10,11,12 I hated that stuff but now i'm in love with it for some reason(damn English teachers) but sometimes I do write poems about girls too but everybody says its a bad thing poems to me is a hobby I love doing it.

I don't see anything wrong with writing poems dose anybody else I don't show the girls the poems but if they ask I will tell the truth its just something I love doing
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

DJoneday

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 7, 2002
Messages
481
Reaction score
0
Age
39
Being in a band, i write a lot of lyrics. a lot of it is pretty damn afc, but as long as you're not acting on it, what's the problem? everyone has certain emotions, it's better to get them out through writing than being a sissy to some chick about how much you miss your ex.
 

iMat

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 25, 2004
Messages
90
Reaction score
0
Originally posted by DJoneday
Being in a band, i write a lot of lyrics. a lot of it is pretty damn afc, but as long as you're not acting on it, what's the problem? everyone has certain emotions, it's better to get them out through writing than being a sissy to some chick about how much you miss your ex.
Damn Emo.

Write about sex drugs, alcahol, and beating your wife.

--iMat
 

Patrick124

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 9, 2004
Messages
669
Reaction score
0
Age
37
Location
Virginia
I write lyrics...VERY afc lyrics.
I get *****. :)

Don't show AFC lyrcis to girls though. If its a song about gettign lit, hitting a beerbong and then starting **** with A) fat chick or B)an ******* who hates you for no reason, then its fine to show to a girl i think.
I should go write that song.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

LikRetsam

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
1,633
Reaction score
1
Good for you. Don't let anyone get in the way of doing what you love to do.
 

jakeyboy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 14, 2004
Messages
632
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Melbourne, Victoria
i write poems too.. lotsa em. keep them in a huge folder in my drawer. they aren't shown to chicks for obvious reasons.(too much emotions revealed in them) but somehow when i gave one to this girl i was in an LTR with (just a short and sweet one about how much i love her smile), she literally melted. maybe because i don't usually do stuff like that, its always bada** attitude, but that was a rare occasion that i became Mr. Sensitive, poems are alright, and i wouldn't say its wrong if you did give a girl one, as long as its not too mush. because if given once in a very blue moon, it will have tremendous reception. trust me on this one. :D
 

Revolution_AM

Don Juan
Joined
Aug 29, 2002
Messages
46
Reaction score
0
Location
Right behind you
There IS a way to show off your poetry skills and get laid because of them. Ever hear of performance poetry? It's basically the concept of a really pissed-off poet spewing rhyming fireballs at whatever they're pissed at. Almost like rap. Sorta. One of my favorites (I'm friends with her) is Alix Olson. www.alixolson.com

There was a performance poetry night going on at my college (but I've seen them in HS too) and I was one of eight performers. I threw out three of my poems and the crowd went crazy. Aaaaaaaand, got four phone numbers that very night. All four of those women approached me first, and two of them had already written down their numbers when they said hi!

The most popular form is the Poetry Slam (www.poetryslam.com), where poets are rated by the audience in a tournament style. Performing (and even listening) gets your blood pumping, and in the tradition of the Tao of Steve, it's a great chance to "be excellent in her presence."

Don't perform any love poetry though. I usually stick to politics/society, but write/perform anything that you feel strongly about.
 

CapiCrimini

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 20, 2004
Messages
600
Reaction score
0
Age
40
I concur with everything said above...

Poetry is good and I advocate it just as much as anything else.
 
Top