Why "Whatever You Want" Keeps You Single

She says the movie looks dumb; you suddenly agree. She tests you with a little attitude; you apologize for nothing.

You think you're being easy to get along with. She reads something else entirely: a man with no edges. Nothing to hold on to. No friction, no tension, no reason to wonder what he really thinks.

The "22 Rules" taught me to push back — playfully, calmly, without needing her approval. Strange things happened after that.

Read more...

Pocket dial on FB

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Need advice on how to proceed.i think this can be an opportunity.

So idk how probably a pocket dial, but i sent a friend request to a hot 28 yo with some common friend, just received notification.

Not use to this stuff yet and kind of gun shy on many things.

Was thinking of msg her something about this.
Any suggestion?
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

sazc

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 23, 2016
Messages
4,468
Reaction score
3,402
Fb actually does this sh1t for you. I've received friend requests from Friends of Friends (m&f). When I reach out to ask how I know them, sometimes they say "I didn't send that".
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Thats not the point id like to use this as a way to initiate contact.

Tbh all ppl i have on FB are ppl i know fairly well.
Just looking for some pointers on how to initiate .
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Medina

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,543
Random add/messaging on FB is never a good way to go

Can't you be introduced through your common friends somehow?
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Random add/messaging on FB is never a good way to go

Can't you be introduced through your common friends somehow?
I kind of agree
IA was gonna msg her something about random pocket friend request.

Idk just felt like i could do something with this
 

Medina

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2019
Messages
862
Reaction score
1,543
I kind of agree
IA was gonna msg her something about random pocket friend request.

Idk just felt like i could do something with this
I would say 90% of the time it's a waste of time.

I dunno man, maybe @Chi Town is right - throw a simple one and see what bites

I wouldn't explain the situation to her because if you message a woman saying "Hey I added you by accident" she will think you're being indirect and perhaps even insincere. It's like your hoping that SHE will take the initiative instead of YOU (the man)
 

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
I would say 90% of the time it's a waste of time.

I dunno man, maybe @Chi Town is right - throw a simple one and see what bites

I wouldn't explain the situation to her because if you message a woman saying "Hey I added you by accident" she will think you're being indirect and perhaps even insincere. It's like your hoping that SHE will take the initiative instead of YOU (the man)
Chi Town is right......and I have gotten far more lays through FB than all the dating apps combined (havent been on OLD in forever).

-There are already common friends
-You can scan through her pics and have common interests for conversation
-You are not some weirdo living in his mom's basement as she will see on FB

The key to FB is to show good pics and status. You can show status on FB where you cant on OLD.

I keep it simple. If an attractive chick adds me on fb, I always see if she is single (either through her "about" section or through her pics- easy to tell if she is single or not). If so, and I dont see any glaring deal breakers in her pics (ex: smoking) I just send a quick message:

"Hey whats up? Do we know each other?"

If I added her, I will simply say "You look familiar. Have we met?"

My next response is based on her response to that.

If she says "Hey there. No I do not think we have met" I will just come back with "Well thats unfortunate on both sides. We should make that happen".

Dont be thirsty, be chill and take a swing. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. Nobody bats 1000%, but .400 is pretty damn good and will keep you in the league!
 

lamath

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 29, 2018
Messages
2,714
Reaction score
2,659
Age
45
Location
Canada
Chi Town is right......and I have gotten far more lays through FB than all the dating apps combined (havent been on OLD in forever).

-There are already common friends
-You can scan through her pics and have common interests for conversation
-You are not some weirdo living in his mom's basement as she will see on FB

The key to FB is to show good pics and status. You can show status on FB where you cant on OLD.

I keep it simple. If an attractive chick adds me on fb, I always see if she is single (either through her "about" section or through her pics- easy to tell if she is single or not). If so, and I dont see any glaring deal breakers in her pics (ex: smoking) I just send a quick message:

"Hey whats up? Do we know each other?"

If I added her, I will simply say "You look familiar. Have we met?"

My next response is based on her response to that.

If she says "Hey there. No I do not think we have met" I will just come back with "Well thats unfortunate on both sides. We should make that happen".

Dont be thirsty, be chill and take a swing. Sometimes it works out, sometimes it doesnt. Nobody bats 1000%, but .400 is pretty damn good and will keep you in the league!
I like this way of thinking about it.
I always assume attraction, im not a bad looking guy.
However profile pic is with my kids, might not be the best for.pick up
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

Glassguy

Moderator
Joined
Apr 25, 2016
Messages
4,789
Reaction score
8,861
Age
49
I like this way of thinking about it.
I always assume attraction, im not a bad looking guy.
However profile pic is with my kids, might not be the best for.pick up
If you are searching for a chick that is younger that might scare them off. Put a good pic of yourself doing something funny, stupid or interesting as your profile pic. As long as it says that you are a person that doesnt let grass grow under your feet and you like to have fun: travel, sports, what ever the case may be.
 
Top