Plummeting Interest Level...

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys, here's the story:

I started dating a girl 2 months ago. Her interest level was through the roof, I never admitted I liked her or missed her (she would always ask). We had lots of amazing sex, etc...

Throughout this whole ordeal, her hands were always all over me, she would always ask about our relationship status, what type of girls do I like, etc...

I knew for sure she wanted to be my gf, the feeling was mutual. However, I never gave her direct answers and kept it ambiguous. I felt that if I admitted to anything, I would give away my power that would ultimately kill the suspense and attraction. Especially since we've only been dating for 2 months.

I also felt that I wanted to get to know her a bit more before making it official. She has a lot of orbiters that visit her regularly at her workplace.

So she wanted me to visit her at a bar she worked at, when I did her manager asked if I was her boyfriend. She called me a close friend.

I could understand her not saying gf because I never gave her a direct answer. She probably asked 3 times before this incident.

Taken back by her response, it took me a few seconds for me to realize that I didn't feel right.

I felt like one of her orbiter chumps that visit her just because, a tool.

Despite the fact that I was sexing her up every day, just the thought of me being perceived that way didn't sit well with me.

Something in my gut told me not to linger any longer. I never showed any signs of disappointment and agreed and amplified about being just close friends. After about 10 minutes I made up an excuse to leave.

A day passes by and she still texts me, but the texts are shorter and lack all the love stuff.

I guess I didn't want her to think that it was okay with me being just close friends.

I now realize that when she asked me about our status, I should have said let's just enjoy our time and see where it goes. That way I could have kept the frame and left the mystery alive.

Instead I did too much of the ****y funny routine.

What do I do now? Act distant? When I messed up the natural progression, what would be the ideal course of action?

Is this even salvageable?

Domo_Arigatoo

Don Juan
Reaction score
IMO you're over thinking things.
What would you have called her if you were put in her position? probably the same thing or something similar.
It seems like you got freaked out by something trivial

GhostWriter

Don Juan
Reaction score
Domo_Arigatoo said:
IMO you're over thinking things.
What would you have called her if you were put in her position? probably the same thing or something similar.
It seems like you got freaked out by something trivial
I'm merely trying to grasp social dynamics and apply them to my situation.

Comprehending power struggle and its' direct correlation to interest level has helped me on the other side, relationships.

I suppose I should have rephrased my post. What would be the ideal course in raising/maintaining her interest level? Which after all is my desired result, not the objective.

Upside

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Can you give a more detailed explanation of how/why it ending? You kind of left it up in the air. I am just interested in how this all went down.