Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

plumbing i need answers and folks wanting me to, the trades

~attrACTION~

Banned
Reaction score
STR8UP said:
Nothing wrong with being a plumber...Just remember, WHATEVER you choose to do for a living, chances are 99.9% that it WILL NOT make you financially secure.
Real talk.

I think plumbing is great, and I've even wanted to do it myself.

Good luck, I think you'll do great at whatever you set your mind to.

Last edited:

wolf116

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
plumbers get the chicks. all tradies do. they are men and men don't sit behind desks. I always see the young tradies with hot GF's.
I live in australia where driving a ute is cool.

DjDreamer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what makes you happy... and besides... someone has to fix all those leaky pipes...

What you do with your money is more important than how you earn it... you could have a not so glamorous job but at the same time be a good investor...

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
My father is a plumber, my father's brother is a plumber.

It's decent money. Much better if you own your own business and are a go-getter. But I'd consider both of them to be middle-class. Some companies offer better benefits and salaries than others and there's always union work, but I'm not sure if it's as lucrative as everyone thinks it is.

I work in IT administration right now. If I could make what I make here just laying pipe 40 hours a week, I'd almost consider it. Just because I know most of the people in the trade right now are losers and good men should always be able to find work SOMEWHERE. But I don't think I can. After 5 years, I'm making more than my father, a master plumber for about 30 years now.

It's blue-collar work, which means you're gonna break a sweat every day and you're paid by what you do moreso than what you know. You can "work your way up", but it takes time. If you wanna make money in a blue-collar field, you're eventually going to have to go into business for yourself and hire people to work under you. Otherwise you're just a wage-slave like everyone else. But that goes for ANY job.

Bottom line...if you don't WANT to do it, then don't. You're not passing up any "huge opportunity". You're not going to look back in 20 years and say, "My life would've been so much better if I had become a plumber". And if for some bizarre reason you do, just go to trade-school at night and learn it.

djbr

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You americans have no idea how much opportunities you've got.

Cherish that.

mintxx

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Someone tell me what the hell 'makes bank' means?