Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please give me hope

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was cursed at birth with poor genetics coupled with an eye for fit women. I just can't do fat or ugly (life would be so much easier)

This site is great, but I can't help feeling this stuff won't work cos I am just too far off the mark looks wise.

Imagine a forty year old Pee Wee herman only 5' 6" and with glasses and you get the picture. I have had people come up to me in pubs to inform me that I am ugly, cheers for that.

Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is prepared to admit to a similar delima and say hand on heart that this stuff does work for them.

Even better is there things that are particularly appropriate for someone who looks like me.

Many thanks

Caesar20

Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a thread somewhere on how to make yourself good looking, read it and experiment.
And here it is...

Join a nearby gym and bulk according to this page.

Go to your nearest eyeclinic (struggling to find a more appropriate word...) and ask them about contacts or LASIK.

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
While Caesar20's advice is good (you should make the most of what you have), we guys are a bit lucky in that the right attitude can overcome mediocre looks when it comes to women.

Now don't get me wrong, if you take yourself and some male model and put you two in a room of women, he will likely do better if both of you have great DJ attitudes. But ironically his good looks may make the women see him as a player and put up more resistance than they would with you.

But the main thing is the attitude, and since most guys (even the male models) have pathetic AFC attitudes, you can really set yourself apart by becoming a DJ.

As far as how to do that, you have already found the best resource: this site.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was called ugly before. Then I worked out, bought new clothes, changed my hairstyle, got some tan and removed my acne. Now I am never called ugly anymore but instead people tell me I look good. I suggest you do the same thing. Not tell me I look good but improve your looks. :D Looks are #1 thing to initial interest.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Good stuff, keep them coming,

I hope I will be able to inspire new people in the future with my successes.

cactus3178

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Wanna toss up a pic, bro?

You'd get some more pertinent advice. Nothing helps like a visual aid ;)

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, well you asked for it.

Luckily I don't give a toss if people have a laugh at my expense, but any constructive comments would be appreciated.

Believe it or not when I was in my late teens I put on a stone in 12 months and since then I've only been able to gain 2-3 pounds more before my appetite can't cope.

20 rep squats, abbreviated routines, 5x5 HEAVY etc. Tried them all and now I'm getting on, muscle gains may be chasing rainbows. So I'll probably have to live with skinny.

Checked out the thread mensioned. Getting contact lenses and some frameless titanium jobbies with a very slight tint. Reluctantly I will buy some of that tan in a bottle stuff, but i feel a bit silly.

Failing that, an extreme makover? Are they going to do that programme in the UK?

On the plus side, I can be witty, articulate and creative with words and situations, it's just that the shutters are down before I get a chance to influence.

MrCode

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
OK, I'm a guy, but I'll give my opinion anyway: you aren't great looking, but you aren't butt ugly either.

Physically, you need to get a little color, and losing the glasses would be nice. Based on your last post you are working on those. Being built is better than being skinny, but being skinny is way better than being fat. Also you being skinny makes you look younger (in my opinion.) You say you are forty, but I don't think you look it.

I'm not a big fan of that shirt you are wearing in the pictures, but I notice that it does seem to fit you, which is good. Even if you are skinny and don't want to necessarily play that up, it is much better to wear clothes that fit than not to. If you don't have a nice wardrobe now, spend some time getting one. This is the one area where befriending an attractive female is a good idea. She can help you pick out good clothes that play up your strengths. She may also have other style tips.

In fact, it might be an interesting approach to go up to a girl who you think has nice style and just say "Hi, I really like your style. I was going to go clothes shopping and would like a female opinion. Do you have an hour free to help me out?"

Also doing something more interesting with your hair wouldn't hurt. Maybe some highlights and some more interesting styling.

Smiling also makes anyone look more attractive. If you don't smile a lot, start doing it. If you have decent teeth, all the better, but if not, don't worry about it. You are in the UK after all ;)

But the biggest thing is attitude man. Once you cultivate the right attitude, you can do much better with women.

Dirtheart

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, I would not say you were genetically ugly at all and you'll probably be surprised how superficial or "fake" good looks can be.

I think the primary issue you have is your weight. Thin is not good because it tends to carry the label "weak" with it, which is also a psychological disadvantage with women. :(

But this is changeable as long as you have faith. I'd highly suggest you buy a large tub of whey protein and make it a regular part of your diet. Also try to eat light, but regularly. This should give your body what it needs to bulk, yet doesn't require a major appetite.

I'm not an expert in this field, more of a student, but I've been loosely following Diesel's bulking guide in the health and fitness forum and I've made some impressive (and much needed) gains during the past month. I used to have fads where I'd train hard, eat more, but wasn't doing it right, saw no gains and would lose faith quickly. This time, I've done things correctly and seriously, have read up on it and have dedicated myself to it.

You just need that faith and education and it's well within your reach, sooner and easier than you think. Use all the criticism to drive you and keep thinking how much you want it.

You will also notice your facial features and looks in general will improve with your physique since healthy and strong is widely percieved as attractive. If you can do this, I am positive you and everybody else will have a much higher opinion of your looks.

Fashion is also another area that will make a massive difference to you. Nothing flamboyant, but I'd suggest something smart casual with a subtle range of colours. Something like this, as an example:

http://www.next.co.uk/items/X34/shotview/330/M96584X34w.jpg
http://www.next.co.uk/items/X34/shotview/330/M41420X34w.jpg

It's fashionable without looking like a midlife crisis.

I'd also recommend a more "messy", shorter haircut, or as MrCode said, highlights. A tan is also something I'd highly recommend.

Anyway, I hope some of this has been constructive. But don't feel defeated about your looks because there's a lot you can do. I make this point in a bit more depth here: http://www.sosuave.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=58086

But I'd especially suggest frequenting the health and fitness forum and checking out Diesels bulking guide and some of the bulking posts and links.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're not in a bad position, dude....it's just going to take some work. Here's what I can recommend off the bat:

1. Committ to hitting the gym 3-4x per week and make sure you are hitting ALL muscle groups. Get a one-time consultation with a personal trainer if you have to, but there is enough info on the net for you to design a proper workout.

2. Lose the glasses and go for contacts.

3. Visit a hair stylist and get a hair style.

4. Make sure you're using moisturizer and other facial products (can't really tell if you are or not, but IRL people can tell). Get a tan, too.

Do all that and do it consistently while reading this site and you'll be a whole new person in six months.

Reaction score
You look very young for your age and you are better looking than 80% of the women in Wisconsin!!!

You are average looking and could be above average if you find a different look and style that is not so ordinary - you have unrealized potential!

If these ugly fat hors in the US can't get guys to get erect and get them pregnant I know with certainty that you can have your fair share of women. You look like a reserved fellow and your self esteem has been damaged by the comments of others reinforcing your negative stigma that you put upon yourself!! Don't listen to fools!!

Read 'Player Supreme's thread "Inner game" and other confidence threads and follow their advice!

You need a heavy dose of self-confidence for starters - if you fail try again until you are successful - YOU are your ONLY and BEST hope!!

MRomeo99

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey, I'm going to concur with the other guys who saw your pic. I don't think you were bad looking at all. I mean I don't wanna fack ya, but you know what I mean.

A cool wardrobe, a kickin attitude, and you could kill it. The tan I'm not so worried about, I don't think the rest of them realized that you were from Ireland, most guys over there are about the same color. Where the hell you gonna tan? And most likely you'd turn red before you turned dark.

As far as putting weight on, you can follow Diesel's guide. Or I would recommend you go to www.skinnyguys.net I'm assuming that you're a little bit older and the $80 isn't gonna kill you. There's a complete plan there. A friend of mine put on about 20 pounds of pure muscle, in 12 weeks, and he started off like you. I'm about to start on my first 12 week cycle as well. It might take you longer, but in six months you could definitely put some major mass on.

Good luck, and have a guiness for me.

M

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
Alpine,

You are not at all ugly, but more on the average spectrum. You could move to the above average category with some work.

If had a dime for everytime I saw an average looking guy with a 7+ chick with him, I would be a millionaire.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hm...

Looking at your picture, here's what I suggest.

1) Workout, bulk up (at least a little - you could have the jock look, or you could have the lean lover look - pick one). Get a personal trainer if you have to, eat more. The testosterone also affects your face and makes you look more rugged. Seen Ben Stiller after "Dodgeball"?

2) Your attitude shows in your face. Join martial arts or something. If people screw around with you, avoid social events for a while, and just concentrate on self-improvement. I had no idea how much your inner state affects the way you LOOK until earlier today.

3) Stop cutting your hair. Let everything grow out while you are working out. That way, when you go to a badass hairdresser, they have a lot to work with. Try and get a gay man. Have you ever seen American History X? Ed Norton looks like a badass in that, compared to how he looks in other films. All because of the hair style and the workouts. Come to think of it, you kind of resemble his character from Fight Club. With some work, you could like a bad-ass too.

4) Style. This is last. Workout first.

You're not ugly. In fact you've got a good baseline. All you need to do is build up on it. Ever see "pimp my ride" well you need to "pimp your style".

Dude, I used to be ugly as f.uck. I don't even look like the same person anymore. All because of a little work.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
Oh, and if your height bothers you THAT much...

women wear heels all the time, and say they like tall guys (although as long as he's an inch taller than them, it's usually okay). They are like from 5'2-5'7.

Buy some shoelifts if you need to. F.uck the critics, you're just leveling the playing field. Wear shoelifts in boots, even, to give yourself added height.

Google and explore the best and safest shoelifts.

Aresx

Don Juan
Reaction score
"I was cursed at birth with poor genetics coupled with an eye for fit women. I just can't do fat or ugly (life would be so much easier)"

By the way, shut the f.uck up. You weren't cursed. You look like that for a reason. After you acheive your potential, that frame that you were born with is going to be the sexiest thing to at least a few women. If you looked like a turd, I guarantee there's at least one woman who you'd dig you'd like you back. You don't look like a turd. You're not cursed, things just are the way they are.

"This site is great, but I can't help feeling this stuff won't work cos I am just too far off the mark looks wise."

It's not that you look bad, it's just that the way you feel about yourself affects your looks. Change the way you feel about yourself and look before you bother with this stuff. It will make things easier on you.

"Imagine a forty year old Pee Wee herman only 5' 6" and with glasses and you get the picture. I have had people come up to me in pubs to inform me that I am ugly, cheers for that."

How about you imagine a 40-year old Edward Norton (again, look at the difference hair and weights can make in two different movies) who's about as tall as Tom Cruise, smart, but unconfident. F.uck those losers in bars. They have no sense of decency to come up and say that crap to you. And you should tell them that they should read a book on some friggin etiquette. F.uck them. You are not ugly. You have a good base, work with what you've got. Some people can make fire with two sticks, and some need a lighter and a can of fluid. At least you've got two sticks man, it doesn't matter how you get the fire.

"Anyway, I was wondering if anyone is prepared to admit to a similar delima and say hand on heart that this stuff does work for them."

Yes, d.ickhead. I am not that attractive. However, there are some "looks" that make me look better. Cloths, facial expressions, hair, etc. I'm still looking for a very good one. I got my exLTR3years who was an HB7 when I looked like complete crap. Skinny, glasses, and acne. And it wasn't even because of this site. I was still a RAFC back then. During the course of the relationship, I became better looking (at least i think i did, may just be my ego) and attracted more girls. Why? Because I had the confidence to go solve any problems i had. If I needed to be stylish, s.hit, i went shopping with female friends. If i needed to bulk up, i read everything. You are on the path... now stop complaining and start doing.

"Even better is there things that are particularly appropriate for someone who looks like me."

Shut up. Nothing is preventing you from doing any approach except your own confidence. Believe me I can relate. If your looks make you that unconfident, work on it for a while (although looks alone won't get you a girl unless you are HOT, which most guys aren't). Then you can work on game.

If i sound angry it's because of those f.ucking losers who have the lack of decency to come up to you in a bar and say that crap. You don't look bad man. F.uck it - even I got a few people who rated me as a 1 or 2 on hotornot. Just FIND YOUR SOLUTIONS instead of sobbing about the problem.

fanatizmu

Banned
Reaction score
hi alpine, i am 40+ too and i am not a star neither, however i can bang 7 and 8s easily with the occasional 9 plus. I suggest you read some things about Neuro linguistic programming, it's all about finding stuff that works for other people like you and then applying them to your situation.

in the clinic where i work we have noticed that depressed people go around all day walking with their head tossed towards the floor, we then instructed them to look up into people's eyes and instructed nurses to smile to them and say good morning and encourage a response from them... just this simple advice improved the life of these people tenfold, try starting with this and i assure you, that at least you won't remain slightly depressed about your situation.

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
ummm

Some muscle
Some grooming
but,
Maybe some attitude adjusting?