Please explain this to me

Capitol39

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been coming to this site for quite a while, and I think I know quite a bit about DJing.

But for the life of me, I can't figure this one out: Nearly every Thursday, I go out with my parents to dinner. (I'm a 22 year-old med school student that can only afford one meal a day, so when somebody offers to take me to dinner, I take it.) I thought this would appear to be not-so-suave, but I've received more phone numbers from waitresses while eating with my parents than in any other situation(!)

This is certainly a new twist. Do women like a man with family values (even though I pretty much just use my family for free food)? That's the only guess I can make.

Somebody tell me what's going on here.

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Hmm...I think that women appreciate a guy who gets along well with his folks...means he's 1) less likely to be a head-case and 2) might be a better father HIMSELF in the future.

Also, is your dad attractive? You know how they always tell you to "look at the mother" when you consider marrying a woman and want to know how she'll look in 20 years? I wonder if women do the same thing with the father. :confused:

Don Ronny

Banned
Reaction score
Women are perceivers of emotions and the relationships that bind people together. Hence the appeal of dramas, soap operas, etc.

Most ladies are attracted to men who have strong family ties, shows you are not a psycho and that you are capable of flourishing in a family environment.

Also, what girl isnt a sucker for a dude who genuinely loves his mom? (I said genuinely..not a mamas boy!)

Ultimately, I say why question this????

You got free grub and hotties jumpin you left and right.

Sounds like a pretty sweet deal to me!

Can i tag along? :)

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can't generalize. There is no solid reason. Some may have liked you because you aren't a hard-ass that doesn't appreciate his family. Some will like you because you're different in that you enjoy spending time and are not embarrassed by eating with the family. Some will think you're a mamma's boy. There's no set answer, and not ever girl likes it. I wouldn't worry about it tho, just take it as it comes.