Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Please Critique My Workout Routine And Diet

wabu07

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hello everyone. longtime reader 1st time poster hopefully one of you guys could maybe help me out. First My Stats I am 18 years old 5 11 at 155 around 14 - 16% Bodyfat.
Well here I go I played for my basketball varsity team this year but my coach said in order to make college ball i need to get stronger, faster and increase my vertical and gain weight. I would like to implement a training routine where I can train for strength build up muscle and become more conditioned/faster. from 155 15% body fat to 175 9 or 8% bodyfat and also go from a 24 inch vertical to 35 or 36. I would have until late september to early oct to acieve this. are my goals realistic? what should i really expect if i train and eat properly? well i plan on using a 3 days split sprinting sessions on days that im not lifting. here is my workout

Mon
Pullups
Barbells Rows
Deadlift
Good Mornings
Military Presses
Lateral Raises
abs

Tues
Maximum effort sprinting sessions for about 10 minutes, foot agility drills, and basketball drills. 5 hours later plyometric workouts

Wedns
close grip bench press
Skull Crushers
barbell curl
reverse preacher curls
chinups

Thurs
same as tuesday

Fri
Incline Dumbell Press
Flat Incline Dumbell Press
Decline Dumbell Press
Squats
DB Lunges
leg press
Calf raise
abs

Sat
Same as tues and thurs

Sun
Rest or go sarging maybe both:D

I will gladly add/remove any excersises and move them around. also how many reps wpuld you recomend to gain muscular endurance AND increase in strength

6 30am 40g of whey protein and then 6 pancakes

10am one ham cheese lettuce tomato mustard on wheat bread and bottle of water

1pm tuna with 1 1/2 cups brown rice and 1/2 cup almonds.

post workout
3pm apple with protein shake 40 grams
with 1 cup whole milk.

4pm chicken breast wit veggies almonds

8pm 40g protein shake

pre bed meal 1-2 cups cottage cheese, veggies, and 1/4 cup almonds.

EFFORT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wabu07 said:
Hello everyone. longtime reader 1st time poster hopefully one of you guys could maybe help me out. First My Stats I am 18 years old 5 11 at 155 around 14 - 16% Bodyfat.
Well here I go I played for my basketball varsity team this year but my coach said in order to make college ball i need to get stronger, faster and increase my vertical and gain weight. I would like to implement a training routine where I can train for strength build up muscle and become more conditioned/faster. from 155 15% body fat to 175 9 or 8% bodyfat and also go from a 24 inch vertical to 35 or 36. I would have until late september to early oct to acieve this. are my goals realistic? what should i really expect if i train and eat properly? well i plan on using a 3 days split sprinting sessions on days that im not lifting. here is my workout

Mon
Pullups
Barbells Rows
Deadlift
Good Mornings
Military Presses
Lateral Raises
abs

Tues
Maximum effort sprinting sessions for about 10 minutes, foot agility drills, and basketball drills. 5 hours later plyometric workouts

Wedns
close grip bench press
Skull Crushers
barbell curl
reverse preacher curls
chinups

Thurs
same as tuesday

Fri
Incline Dumbell Press
Flat Incline Dumbell Press
Decline Dumbell Press
Squats
DB Lunges
leg press
Calf raise
abs

Sat
Same as tues and thurs

Sun
Rest or go sarging maybe both:D

I will gladly add/remove any excersises and move them around. also how many reps wpuld you recomend to gain muscular endurance AND increase in strength

6 30am 40g of whey protein and then 6 pancakes

10am one ham cheese lettuce tomato mustard on wheat bread and bottle of water

1pm tuna with 1 1/2 cups brown rice and 1/2 cup almonds.

post workout
3pm apple with protein shake 40 grams
with 1 cup whole milk.

4pm chicken breast wit veggies almonds

8pm 40g protein shake

pre bed meal 1-2 cups cottage cheese, veggies, and 1/4 cup almonds.

The thing here is your endurance training is going to make weight gain tough. Endurance training and adding muscle/weight don't go well together. You can add size and strength easily by using the routine from the idiots guide and look into pulling a sled to maintain fitness levels. Sports training goes in cycles so if your in a situation where you need to be adding weight it'll happen during the offseason but end at a point thats far out enough to allow you to start building back/increasing your endurance.

so in summary hmmm well actually just pm me and i'll help you from there

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Your plan is sh*t.

You do too much. Unless you plan to eat a few small mammals per day while doing this, don't expect to make progress. In fact, I would guess that you're going to LOSE weight. (weight is both muscle and fat.)

Go over to http://www.ironaddicts.com/ and ask questions.

Don't be a sissy and start whining cause I was honest,
-CMD

edit: I just read your "diet". Have fun dropping 40lbs with that.

6-heads lewis

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant fathom how people can include deadlifts in the middle of a 10-exercise routine. I personally have a day that is ONLY deadlifts, 2x chinups and 5 minute abs. Deadlifts take me nearly an hour to complete.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
wabu07 said:
not going to whine i appreciate the honesty.
Good.

Since you didn't whine, I'm going to save you alot of searching.

He is an excellent program: http://forum.bodybuilding.com/showthread.php?t=998224

Do the core workout for two weeks to a month. After that you can add in an extra exercise or two. Follow the same guideline. Heavy weight, 3x5 if you do plan to tweak it.

Use it until you milk it of gains. Then switch it up.

Miles Davis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Not only is this routine extremely too high volume but the split is not optimal. Check out some of the WSB routines available at Iron Addict's website www.ironaddicts.com and modify one according to your individual needs.

Call_Me_Daddy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Miles Davis said:
Not only is this routine extremely too high volume
Agreed.

but the split is not optimal.
Define optimal. And under what circumstances does this definiton exist?

Answer: There is no such thing.

Check out some of the WSB routines available at Iron Addict's website www.ironaddicts.com and modify one according to your individual needs.
Yup. I would reccomend the beginner routines. Those are for lifters with little experience training and those who don't use weight training as the major thing they spend time on.

Skilla_Staz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Make a program around these

Monday: Deads
Wednesday: Bench
Friday: Squats

Put together about 4 or 5 other exercises, sticking with as many compounds as possible. Keep back/biceps on Deads. Keep triceps/shoulders/chest with bench. Keep legs with squatss.