Playing the game - *IN SPANISH*

FloridaLurker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

I moved to Chile 3 years ago to study Medicine. Been on/off relationships in the past 2 years. The only girls I've been able to pick up are in school, friends of friends, or in one special case when a MILF at a club started hitting on me (lol).

My friend and I are setting quotas of at least 25 women to approach each week, strangers, mostly at Pubs and Clubs lately. My game is a bit weak because I'm not 100% fluent in spanish. I get stuck on words and the such and lack a good opener (let's be honest, the openers in English don't sound quite the same in Spanish)

However I proposed the idea of trying out the mall because I constantly see 9's and 10's and its more of a place where you can engage in a good conversation.

My question is this:

To the successful Spanish speaking DJs out there, can you please chip in on some good creative openers? (In SPANISH of course)

Once I get a girl interested I can somewhat manage my way around through conversational topics, and usually get what I want on my good days. But I'm having a hard time with breaking the ice, and approaching strangers in public in SPANISH. Any other tips for someone that isn't fluent in Spanish would be appreciated as well. (Give examples in Spanish, please, since translating it from English doesnt have the same effect)

Thanks

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Meeting girls in a Spanish-speaking country is no different than in the US. In fact, you may have an advantage if you're bilingual because in most Latin countries, most people are excited to meet those from other countries, contrary to the "we're all American and you're an immigrant outcast" view that predominates in the U.S.

You will learn Spanish as you become more acquainted with the culture. Remember that these girls are also humans. There tends to be a trend to put White women on a pedestal or believe they have higher value, when in reality that is not the case. On the other hand, you are very likely to find high-quality women in Chile who are not as materialistic, brainwashed with feminism, and overall more pleasant. I'm bilingual and I use the same skills on Spanish speaking women anywhere that I use on English-speaking women.

Speak Spanish as much as you can; learning on your own is the most effective way to learn. I learned to speak in English is 24 weeks. If you have other questions, don't hesitate to send me a PM.

-R

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Has usado una estrategia directo? No conozco Chile pero las parecen funcionar bien aquí.

Direct openers FTW!

FloridaLurker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Robyn,

Interesting points.

Being a foreigner in the country has definitely worked in my favor at times, I can't argue that. However in other cases it works against me since there are some people that stereotype Americans general due to the history of the country that included genocide and had "Gringo" involvement.

This could be a subjective point, but learning Spanish is much more difficult than learning English, which is why I haven't mastered the language 100% even after 3 years.

I agree that practicing will make me better, but I'm just curious to know some good approach openers other than asking them their name, where they work/study, etc.

I'm looking for ways to say the creative openers in Spanish, maybe some examples, in order to jump start my practice in the field. Mostly in the situation of walking by a woman at the mall. I'll be able to handle an opener in a store most likely when shes looking around or something.

Thanks

FloridaLurker

Don Juan
Reaction score
ARrocket said:
Has usado una estrategia directo? No conozco Chile pero las parecen funcionar bien aquí.

Direct openers FTW!
Lo voy intentar este tarde... I've mostly been going out at night lately, but I'll give direct openers a shot during the day. Got any good examples in Spanish that I can use as a base?

The way I'd do it right now would be pass by a woman and say something along the lines of "Oye, te vi pasando y tenia que decirte que te ves demasiada hermosa"

PapiChulo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
There is a forum for the spanish-speaking folk, "foro de levante". They should have some examples on there specific to your area. I somehow think that Argentina and Chile are pretty hard in terms of pickup.

FloridaLurker

Don Juan
Reaction score
PapiChulo said:
There is a forum for the spanish-speaking folk, "foro de levante". They should have some examples on there specific to your area. I somehow think that Argentina and Chile are pretty hard in terms of pickup.
I'll check that out. Thank you very much.

And yes, it's funny you mention that. It is a bit tricky with the Chilean females. Haven't run into any Argentinians yet though.

ARrocket

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
FloridaLurker said:
Lo voy intentar este tarde... I've mostly been going out at night lately, but I'll give direct openers a shot during the day. Got any good examples in Spanish that I can use as a base?

The way I'd do it right now would be pass by a woman and say something along the lines of "Oye, te vi pasando y tenia que decirte que te ves demasiada hermosa"
Not really, since I've never tried. I actually cold approached some chick last week and we ended up speaking in Spanish, but my opener was in English. But the line you wrote down seems like a good start. Really, it's not about the wording, but your looks and your confidence going in. Que tengas suerte!