Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Playing dumb as a strategy?

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Is it better to act as if you are intellectual equals?

I think some women prefer banging more simple minded men.
In this generation, girl's are afraid of rejection and being dumped a whole lot more.
If you show that you are in the intelligent category, they might put you in the relationship type rather than the casual dating category.

Any thoughts?

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

In this generation, girl's are afraid of rejection and being dumped a whole lot more.
If you show that you are in the intelligent category, they might put you in the relationship type rather than the casual dating category.

Any thoughts?
Getting drunk dumbs you down a bit. Maybe that's why it helps.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Absolutely. In order to get laid, all you need to convey is you're about having fun. I've learned this firsthand. I've lost multiple women due to me outsmarting them. They don't like that.
You can still get laid outsmarting them. Women do get turned on from being talked down to.

HoneyHitter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with “playing dumb” is that it invites manipulation and abuse very quickly. It only works in your advantage for a while if there’s evidence of you being violent or at least careless. And even then there’s a point where your intelligence/foresight kicks in because you’re on the brink of making a decision that’ll ruin your life over something stupid.

Romanemp22

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem with “playing dumb” is that it invites manipulation and abuse very quickly. It only works in your advantage for a while if there’s evidence of you being violent or at least careless. And even then there’s a point where your intelligence/foresight kicks in because you’re on the brink of making a decision that’ll ruin your life over something stupid.
100 % agree. Doing something that's going out of your way to make a girl like you is insecure behavior. Playing dumb really? People really are prepared to make themselves looking like a complete jackazz for little bit of puzzy.

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Nobody likes a know it all, Being naive but interested seems to work really well.
Not true. Look at this video. In this entire room of comedians, which one has the woman's attention the most? The guy who questioned and talked down to her. In addition, watch the body language of all of the other comedians who are not Bill Burr, including the simping Joe Rogan.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer in establishing greater intelligence than the women I date (although I’m off the market now).

I have found that young women don’t value intelligence much at all, and in fact disdain it, but when they get into their thirties and forties this preference reverses. They start to value intelligence because at that point life has kicked them around a little and they have to develop their own modicum of common sense in order to survive the wall.

I have leveraged this to great effect by increasing my vocabulary. The power of using words they don’t quite understand is massive. Using an advanced vocabulary immediately puts your value over hers in her mind. The power of this is devastating.

This discovery of mine deserves a thread of its own, but alas, I am too lazy these days.

You guys should experiment with this. Work on learning some words that women think only “intellectuals” use. Pepper them into your conversations ever so sparingly. They will not really know what these words mean, and they will instantly value you much more highly.

Examples:
Erudite
Construe
Acrimonious
Oblique
Salient

You get the idea. Again, this works to devastating effect on older women (pre and post wall), and is nothing but a turn-off to most girls in their teens and early twenties. These girls tend to hate intellectualism. That being said, there exists a subset of younger girls who would be turned on by an advanced vocabulary.

If you are a man who displays both a fun, self-amused vibe, along with an advanced vocabulary (used very sparingly), you are a Magic Man to most women. These qualities cover a multitude of “sins” (height, looks, income, etc.).

Bokanovsky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You can still get laid outsmarting them. Women do get turned on from being talked down to.
I don't think that it's a matter of who outsmarts whom. It's just that intellectual conversation is not a turn on for women, no matter what they may claim. Flirting is supposed to be light-hearted and fun. I'm pretty sure that no one has ever gotten laid trying to explain the theory of relativity to a woman.

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I’m a firm believer in establishing greater intelligence than the women I date (although I’m off the market now).

I have found that young women don’t value intelligence much at all, and in fact disdain it, but when they get into their thirties and forties this preference reverses. They start to value intelligence because at that point life has kicked them around a little and they have to develop their own modicum of common sense in order to survive the wall.

I have leveraged this to great effect by increasing my vocabulary. The power of using words they don’t quite understand is massive. Using an advanced vocabulary immediately puts your value over hers in her mind. The power of this is devastating.

This discovery of mine deserves a thread of its own, but alas, I am too lazy these days.

You guys should experiment with this. Work on learning some words that women think only “intellectuals” use. Pepper them into your conversations ever so sparingly. They will not really know what these words mean, and they will instantly value you much more highly.

Examples:
Erudite
Construe
Acrimonious
Oblique
Salient

You get the idea. Again, this works to devastating effect on older women (pre and post wall), and is nothing but a turn-off to most girls in their teens and early twenties. These girls tend to hate intellectualism. That being said, there exists a subset of younger girls who would be turned on by an advanced vocabulary.

If you are a man who displays both a fun, self-amused vibe, along with an advanced vocabulary (used very sparingly), you are a Magic Man to most women. These qualities cover a multitude of “sins” (height, looks, income, etc.).
I work on my obliques daily bruh.

You are very correct in women changing their preferences as they get older, and majority here are looking for those young, ripe women to have relations with, hence why I gave the response I gave. But I also believe it works that way for young men too in that they don't want a woman who are intellectual. That's not hot.

With that said, now that i'm in my mid 30s, I find I enjoy intellectual conversations with women far more than empty, meaningless ones. Because of that, I haven't been attracting as many females as before. Most either get intimidated and/or give blank stares and I lose all interest.

I guess moral of this is "know your audience".

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
As long as you're not bragging or showing off on purpose then there's no problem with being smart. People who think they're smarter or better than others aren't just undesireable, they're the cause of most of the evil in the world.

Intelligence usually results in men who can't get laid because they're trying to rationalize something that can't be rationalized. If anything, pretending to be dumb will help smart men because they're not trying to over-think or over-analyze the situation. Simple-minded men just don't have this problem, they just trust their instincts or looks and go for it, and arguably have better results than smart men.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

I have found that young women don’t value intelligence much at all, and in fact disdain it, but when they get into their thirties and forties this preference reverses.
Women appreciate competence in men. That doesn't mean they'll end up with a competent guy necessarily, but they look up to those kind of guys. And competence implies a certain level of intelligence. So yeah, I think you can leverage intelligence if you know what you're doing. If you're just coming off like some nerdy brainiac, it's not going to help. But intelligence, focused in a practical way (like being able to repair cars, for instance), will be appreciated.

CAPSLOCK BANDIT

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Men have become the new Journalists, it's a game of maintaining a conversation and never having an opinion... You can be as intelligent as you want but God forbid you have an opinion and share it.... Rather than just sharing your opinion, you simply act on it and if you can't act on it, what is the point in talking about it?

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Observational humor is the best way to use your intelligence without coming across as a know-it-all.
This is how comedians tell funny stories during routines and always have new material.

If you're analytical without being sarcastic, then you'll end up boring her to death.
Being sarcastic & witty combined with intelligence works the best.
Look no further than The Big Bang Theory (tv show) to get an idea of how this combination is used.
The show has been running for 12 seasons, so there's obviously a lot of people that love this type of humor.

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?
Women absolutely love simpletons. There's no question about it. It's easier for me to drink and 'dummy myself down' than it is to switch off expressing intellectual thought. I've done both and for the one-nighter, you'll get quicker and better results by appearing as if you're "thick."

zinc4

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Any thoughts?

I dont play dumb but if the girl is stupid which most are i just avoid topics which are beyond her understanding.

Atom Smasher

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Women appreciate competence in men. That doesn't mean they'll end up with a competent guy necessarily, but they look up to those kind of guys. And competence implies a certain level of intelligence. So yeah, I think you can leverage intelligence if you know what you're doing. If you're just coming off like some nerdy brainiac, it's not going to help. But intelligence, focused in a practical way (like being able to repair cars, for instance), will be appreciated.
Yes, competence or mastery in any given field is a total turn on for women. To this day Mrs. Smasher compliments my hands and actually gazes at them in awe when she sees me building something or playing guitar. She usually kisses each finger and remarks about all they do. She just did that last night in fact.

It’s very powerful to be able to demonstrate mastery over pretty much any skill at all. It’s not the actual subject matter that counts to women. It’s just the demonstrated mastery.

Still, my favorite go-to is using “big” words sparingly. When a man demonstrates that his vocabulary is superior to hers, she will tend to feel submissive toward him.