"The Coffee Shop Girl You Never Spoke To"

You've replayed it a hundred times. She stood three feet away, scrolling her phone. You had an opening. You composed the perfect line — after she was gone.

For all you know, she's married now. To some guy who said something. Anything.

Openers are cheap. Almost any sentence works when it's delivered within three seconds. The expensive part is the standing there, drafting and deleting, while the window quietly closes.

The "22 Rules" stripped out my hesitation. What to open with, how to keep it alive, and the one habit that costs guys more women than anything else: waiting for perfect.

Read more...

Playfulness: A question for once

HuangBei

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
49
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Dallas, Texas
Okay guys, I ask your advice on something:

What I need some help on is playfulness. Now let me give you some context first so you can understand.

Today I met this hot mamma (not literally a mom) named Erika. She's full blood Mexican and the moment I saw her I was blown away, at first. She practically intimidated me (this may have been because she's 4 years older than me, heh, and doesn't know my age). This made me want to approach her even MORE! So I did, met her, did the palm thing (and I'll note I was still a bit nervous), and even got her number, but I don't think I got the level of attraction going in her that I wanted.

I think this is because...PLAYFULNESS. She let it be known, in subtle ways, that she's wild and a part girl. My chill attitude was cool, but I think if I had played around with her I would have sparked a much greater liking. How do I know this? I have these Japanese beads that I usually get asked to show. I decided I'd ask her if she'd seen them before. I did, and she said yes and tried to take them but I pulled them away. It was a subtle challenge. She acted whiny but actually laughed about it and I knew this was a good response. I went ahead and let her see them, but I have a feeling if I had kept finding ways to be playful like this, I would have had a LOT stronger rapport.

In the end she seemed no more than interested, but not really turned on. What would you all suggest I do to become more playful?
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Caveman

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 22, 2001
Messages
694
Reaction score
2
Location
NL
Practise on everyone every day so you get used to it. That way you won't be even thinking about it if you meet a new 'babe'. It has to become part of your personality.

Make it a habit to be playful with any female you meet. Maybe even your little sister (walk away if she gets turned on though ;) ) And eventually it will become second nature and you can't even help being playful.

The problem with wild girls though is that often times they go for the bad boy. They already lead an exiting life and are always looking for more, so if you can't consider yourself bad, exiting and adventurous, you are gonna have a hard time trying to keep up.
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
Just be you, man. First of all, relax. You're not going to come across as more playful if you're scripting out what you're going to say. In fact, only when you let yourself relax and fall more into your natural role, will you be comfortable enough to play around. You should treat an interaction with her no different than you're talking to a friend.

What happened was, you noticed an older women...and BOOM, attraction happened. You saw she was beautiful so she intimidated you. The more 'beautiful' you think she is, the more she will intimidate you. This happens to every single person who is unaware of it. And what's more, is the more she intimidates you, the more you'll feel that the 'natural you' sucks, and the more you'll feel like you have to DO SOMETHING different, or be somebody else in order to 'get her'.

And when that happens one of three things will happen:

1) you'll start running scripted shyt that will probably come across just as fake and recited and it is, and you'll manage to blow it.

2) You'll clam up and wont' say much because you think you're not good enough to get her. This is usually what happens enough times to draw these "DJs" to this board to begin with. They'd rather take their chances with #1 rather than this #2.

3) you could have just shrugged it off, sorted through your insecurity of WHY you didn't think you were 'exciting enough', and just treated this as if you were interacting with a best friend...this woman would have saw your true, real personality and things would have went as planned.

Trust me, if she is going to be attracted later after you pull your 'moves' on her, she was already attracted to you before that. And if she isn't attracted to you now, no 'move' you pull is going to make her any more inclined to have sex with you. Just bring your best YOU to the table and let it shine.

-Blitz
 

Tuna Head

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 21, 2004
Messages
19
Reaction score
0
Age
41
Location
Los Angeles, California
Stop this stupid crap, and use the GWM, Could have F*cked her there!
 

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Mar 21, 2004
Messages
341
Reaction score
2
Definately just be you, the best YOU you can be of course but don't put on any acts. If your not naturally a playful person, why force yourself to be just to get a certain woman? I don't know, it just seems rather AFC to me.... I mean first your analyzing every little thing that went down and now your trying to find a way to please her.
See, you can become playful but if it's not you, then it's just an act and you won't be having fun since you'll be too worried about what to do next, how to keep up the act etc. That's no fun, that's basically what an AFC does. Just be yourself and do what makes you happy and whatever makes life fun for YOU..... chicks like all sorts of different guys, as long as they are confident and all that good stuff so it's not like just b/c your not too playful girls won't like you. If she's not attracted, she's not attracted.... some girls want playful guys, some girls want tough guys.... just be you and you won't gave to front b/c you'll attract girls that actually like who YOU are.
If you normally are a playful person and you just got all nervous and choked, ignore all this crap I just wrote.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
Very good reply. PLUS, who knows what is considered 'playful' to her? Maybe what YOU think is playful, she thinks is stupid, or boring, or something else. Maybe she already thinks you are playful? You will drive yourself crazy trying to figure that out and it's not worth it. So all you CAN do is bring your best you to the table. If she likes you, or if she doesn't you at least know that she got the chance to see the real you, rather than her rejecting some act that you tried to 'integrate into your personality' without giving your true self a legitimate chance.
 

HuangBei

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 12, 2004
Messages
49
Reaction score
1
Age
40
Location
Dallas, Texas
Thanks guys. I think maybe my post may have unclearly stated my intent. I'm not overthinking this, actually I really haven't been thinking about it that much. But I noticed that I'm really not that playful in general. As you all said, bring out the best in the true me, well I see that I've been restraining myself and I've been a bit too boring.

I know I'm naturally playful, I just need to clean away the dirt from the window I call myself, to let the good light shine through, if you know what I mean. Thanks a lot for your advice, all of you.
 

ToughGuy

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 4, 2004
Messages
96
Reaction score
0
Play ful ness

Hey buddy
I am also wondering on this aspects of my personality.

so what i thought of doing is to do simple things with my gal.
when she is on my apptmnt.
I play these kiddo things with her.

1. Karomboard
2. snake n ladders
3. watching charlie chaplin n tom n jerry movies.
4. Badminton
5. 0 and X on paper
6. Video games
7. Bowling.
8. teaching her to ride a bike.
9. "who will recognize the actual song by listening the first few notes"
10. Just dancing
11 teaching her dance.

And so on.

You guys can add the things to it. and i am getting new n new ideas every day.

Yours
Tuffy
 
Top