Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Plate Won't Wax Upper Lip

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, my plate has really dark hair. She has some hair on her upper lip that is only noticeable when you get closer to her face. It irrates me and I can't stop looking at it. I finally said something about it. So, now she is mad at me. She said she's not changing everything about her for a guy and said she's not going to wax it. I didn't like what she said and how she was acting on the phone, so I hung up on her.

We were supposed to hang out tonight. Should I just do NC or what's the best play here?

TheFixer14

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Eww. I mean if you are really into her stick it out until she does and try to make it obvious that others find it in attractive. If you aren't into her that much then idk. Dumping her seems a bit harsh. But women with facial hair is where I draw the line.

Paul_FR

Don Juan
Reaction score
Does She wax her p***y for you to "kiss"?

If so, there ain't no reason for her to put the same amount of effort into making her mouth be kissable.... that is my opinion anyway.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I told my plate the other night. Wax before you come over, I like it. She showed up waxed/shaved.....

I think the fact of this is that she is really insecure about it. But any girl with dark hairs on her lip that's decently attractive would wax that **** off in a heartbeat. If she respects your opinion, she'd take care of it. Otherwise flat out like "hun you need to get that waxed off". I don't my woman looking like she's growing a beard like me.

Ratiocinative

Don Juan
Reaction score
So, my plate has really dark hair. She has some hair on her upper lip that is only noticeable when you get closer to her face. It irrates me and I can't stop looking at it. I finally said something about it. So, now she is mad at me. She said she's not changing everything about her for a guy and said she's not going to wax it. I didn't like what she said and how she was acting on the phone, so I hung up on her.

We were supposed to hang out tonight. Should I just do NC or what's the best play here?
To us guys it makes sense, just wax it off. I have a bit of a unibrow if I don't pluck it, so I do. Takes a couple minutes out of my week, big deal. But women are emotional and they're not always going to think logically about what you said. To her, she heard you say she's unattractive. That's not what you said, but that's how women take those kinds of comments. If you give it some time she'll probably wax it for you once she's in a better mood, but at the moment she's feeling hurt and defensive.

Assuming you want to see her tonight, then you'll probably need to mend fences. She might contact you in a few days what she cools down if she misses you, but doubtful tonight. If you do want to see her, just keep it simple and . "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. I still want to see you tonight". Then if she gives you more crap or doesn't accept your apology then it's appropriate to be more assertive and tell her to call you when she's in a better mood or when she grows up and learns to forgive me people especially for something so silly.

CMNILS87

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
To us guys it makes sense, just wax it off. I have a bit of a unibrow if I don't pluck it, so I do. Takes a couple minutes out of my week, big deal. But women are emotional and they're not always going to think logically about what you said. To her, she heard you say she's unattractive. That's not what you said, but that's how women take those kinds of comments. If you give it some time she'll probably wax it for you once she's in a better mood, but at the moment she's feeling hurt and defensive.

Assuming you want to see her tonight, then you'll probably need to mend fences. She might contact you in a few days what she cools down if she misses you, but doubtful tonight. If you do want to see her, just keep it simple and . "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to hurt your feeling. I still want to see you tonight". Then if she gives you more crap or doesn't accept your apology then it's appropriate to be more assertive and tell her to call you when she's in a better mood or when she grows up and learns to forgive me people especially for something so silly.
Yea go that route, be empathetic instead. If you got a unibrow and you pluck it and she doesn't know. Ask her if she'd say something if you had a uni.

SkrooU

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Accept her for who she is or leave her alone. No need to tell her she's flawed and not worthy of a decent close out.

Young OG

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Yea go that route, be empathetic instead. If you got a unibrow and you pluck it and she doesn't know. Ask her if she'd say something if you had a uni.
I was actually looking forward to seeing her tonight. But, I'll be fine not seeing her. I can hit up another girl or hang with my friends. Should I wait for her to contact me or should I contact her?

I actually had a ex when I was in my early 20s, with the same problem. But, she waxed it with no complaints. This plate is pretty submissive, so I'm actually really surprised shes acting like this...

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
By all means let her have some time to get over her feelings and sort it out. Long term It would be a deal breaker for me. It comes under the heading of not letting yourself go. I work out, maintain a good wardrobe, shave, take supplements, have a skin care routine. Y the hell would I put up with a woman who can't take basic pride in her appearance.

However for better outcomes if you do have to have such a talk I would suggest that you mentioned a couple of things you find attractive about her first. Reduces the ego bruising somewhat.

You could just obviously stare at it and then don't fcvk her. Give her the usual schtick about having an early start.

Or make a joke of it. Pretend to tug on one of the hairs and say babe u missed one.

Of course the whole .... won't change for a man...Thing is a huge red flag. Which I'm guessing is why she is only a plate.

Ratiocinative

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was actually looking forward to seeing her tonight. But, I'll be fine not seeing her. I can hit up another girl or hang with my friends. Should I wait for her to contact me or should I contact her?

I actually had a ex when I was in my early 20s, with the same problem. But, she waxed it with no complaints. This plate is pretty submissive, so I'm actually really surprised shes acting like this...
Women don't behave logically, so trying to rationalize the behavior doesn't work. Her feeling are hurt and trying to justify it as not your fault or silly is fine, just realize that doesn't make her feel better.

Some women behave this way a lot and you should avoid them, but all women behave this way sometimes. You just have to show you're willing to understand her feelings and that's usually enough to make her feel better. If you tell her you're suprised at her feelings and it's dumb to feel that way, then she will close off from you. Women connect emotionally and if you reject her emotions, no matter how irrational they are, then she feels you are rejecting her.

Whether or not she contacts you or not depends on how emotionally invested she is and how hurt she feels. Regardless, if you like her you should contact her. Not contacting her because you did nothing wrong is applying a logical solution to emotional problem and you won't build a strong relationship with a woman if you make a habit of doing that.

El Payaso

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You told her your mind and where you stand.

She told you she won't wax.

If it's a deal breaker for you, then move on from her.

ubercat

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frankly I think you're doing the chick a favour. Unless you are into circuses what guy really wants to date the bearded lady

PeasantPlayer

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Remember in college I was crushing on this real cute puerto rican chick, she was my type to a tee. When I got closer to game her one day, I noticed she had hair on her upper lip, but I was such an AFC, and crushing hard and looked past it. If it was any other female I probably would of avoided them

C00lAF

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Its ok i broke a plate of mine after she showed up with the same outfit 4 times in a row...

Mr. Kalikoat

Don Juan
Reaction score

I'd just next her tbh.

I don't take nexting lightly. I know lots of guys on here will use NEXT as the cheap solution to pretty much every problem, but I don't. But in this case I'd next. I've been in exactly the same situation as you, I tried bringing up the lip waxing in a really gentle and considerate way and she threw a similar hissy-fit as your plate. That's the moment I realized she wasn't worth my time, so I nexted her.

I spend hours on my body, working out at the gym, shaving my neck, armpits, chest and pubes, trimming my beard, plucking my eyebrows, sometimes at the start of the summer I even go for a full-body wax. If waxing her lady-mustache is too much to ask for her, she can f*ck right off.

devilkingx2

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
start referring to her with masculine pronouns and mustache puns til she gets the message.

if it doesn't work or if she dumps you, start dating your trannies post-op

sazc

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I cant do bad teeth/bad oral hygiene. You have to brush and floss every day and give a sh1t about your mouth - especially if I am going to kiss it. A long time ago, for a long time, I thought "how shallow of me". I few years ago I realized that it was a deal breaker for me and I accepted it, and honored it, for who I am.

You need to find someone who 'does it' for you (is attractive to you). If you find someone you are into, and she is into you, getting a little hair on her upper lip waxed off should be done with ease.

If you take it in the context of an LTR, these are the types of things (stupid, easy, f-ing things) that you do for the other person to make them happy. She must be young. The young ones dont understand making these small sacrifices for the happiness of the relationship and they stick to their feminist "im not changing for anyone" viewpoint. Sh1t like that kills LTRs/marriages.

Im glad she realized YOU were more valuable than the hair on her lip.

Mr. Kalikoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have some serious questions here and am NOT trying to belittle you..........OK?

Why do you shave your armpits? Are you a competitive bodybuilder? And why pluck your eyebrows?
Because I think armpit hair is gross regardless of your gender. Especially mine. If I don't shave my armpits I end up with long straight armpit hair.

I pluck my eyebrows to make them look better, give them a better, more defined and more even shape. If I don't pluck them they look like caterpillars.

Edit: I think every man should shave their armpits in the summer and every man should pluck their eyebrows no matter what. Those aren't girly things to do, they're just things you can do to make yourself look more attractive regardless of gender. Do you think Brad Pitt, Johnny Depp or Robert Downey Jr. never pluck their eyebrows?

Last edited: