Pissed Girl Off... Is This Right?

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I asked a girl out I've been on a date with before to go out and get Sushi tonight. She told me that she had plans to go to an industry party but she would let me know if that fell through.

Well I didn't hear from her all day and my friends birthday is tonight and she's going to a club and invited me. So I decided to go to the birthday instead of waiting around to possibly hear from my "date".

So my "date" called to tell me that her plans fell through and that she now wanted to go to sushi. I explained everything to her and invited her to the club with me. She declined... saying that she didn't want to drive anywhere (she lives 35 min away). So I told her if she changed her mind to let me know and that I would put her on the list just in case.

She got a little attitude with me and told me to have a good time.

Did I play this right? I mean... I'm not going to sit around to be someone's backup plan on a Friday night.

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, you played it right.

She was just pissed because her backup plan (you) fell through. I have to say that you handled it better than I would have.

Socialreject

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
She got attitude because you weren't there to be the back-up chump but at the same time was unwilling to drive anywhere to meet up with you...

Oh boy :)

Well played! You might have some trouble on your hands if this one comes through for you though :p

Industry

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Cool.

At first I thought to myself, "Damn I can't believe I just blew off a cute girl like that!" But that's exactly what I was supposed to do under these circumstances. If I would have said, "Oh, your free? Well then I'll drop everything and run right over!", then I would have been a total AFC chump. I'm glad I didn't take that route, even if I would have seen her tonight. I would have lost respect. I've gotta get ready for the club now. :D