Pics-- please critique

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey,
I'm working out for about a month now, nothing really that serious. I'm going to get more serious now though and start going 2x-3x a week.

Do you guys have any recomendations on exercises that would suit me. Also any critique on my proportions/progress would be appreciated.

Anyways.....heres the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/y35/sitthead/

- I will be updating it soon when i get some more pics.

Last edited:

jiggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
First off, you deserve some props to open yourself up for critique. Way to go bro!

Alright, I think you got the definition nailed, I would focus on adding some mass. I suggest eating as much Whey protein, chicken and tuna as possible. We're talking like 300 grams of protein a day! Since you seem to be on the thin side, you might want to incorporate some steaks in the diet as well. The other thing is, lift heavy! You'll stimulate a different type of muscle fiber when you train heavy and you're frame will begin to take on a "bulked" appearance.

Good luck and I hope this helps!

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
you appear to be in good shape.

what's your height/weight?

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Jiggy- Thanks, yeah im going to start eating a lot of protein and i bought some whey protein. What about weightgainers? i have a really fast metabolism so it might be hard to gain weight without that.

oh, here are my stats

Age- 15
Height- 5 10
Weight- 150
Am i missing anything?

belividere

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I'll tell you I almost dont believe you have never lifted before. You look built especially for a 15 yr. old. What are your goals?

Climax

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
erff!!

"The operation timed out while trying to contact photobucket.com." <--- i cant see your pic... ...?:confused:

Laterz...

Guerrero

Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously, what kind of workouts did you do, how did you get in such great shape? You look pretty built for 15 man, and it does look like you've lifted before. Your chest is too built for rarely lifting. How long have you been in this kind of shape?

MindOverMatter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
pretty good work on your tris, for everything else, keep eating, keep eating and you'll get good results.

you are 15, which means your body is mass producing growth hormones, it's VERY EASY to build muscle, just work out and eat properly, and by the time you're 20 you'll be giant.

jiggy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Layla
Jiggy- What about weightgainers? i have a really fast metabolism so it might be hard to gain weight without that.
I really don't recommend weightgainers, all they really consist of is simple carbs (sugars) and won't put on any quality size. I'm afraid that you will gain fat along with muscle, and lose some of your definition!

I would make sure you eat an obscene amount of protein (spread out across 6 meals a day). I would also suggest eating more starch's to offset your metabolism. Baked Potatoes, whole wheat bread and rice. These are quality carbs that will fuel your workout and ensure that your body isn't cannabalising musle.

mrExtreme

Don Juan
Reaction score
Lookin' ripped, bro! I would suggest adding more mass to your chest, back and triceps. Your biceps look good and your serratus looks awesome! Where's the leg shots though? Be sure you work out your legs if you aren't doing so already.

I would suggest doing bench presses for chest, particularly inclince presses because you look like your upper chest is in need of mass. Throw in some flys as well for your inner chest, and use pullovers to add some mass to the center of your chest.

For your back I recommend doing deadlifts, pullups, seated cable rows, bent over rows, and lat pulldowns.

For triceps do close grip bench press, dips, and extensions.

check_mate_kid_uk

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
15!!! if you had said you where 22 i would have belived you with out thinking twice. Anyway you got a good 6 pack, your arm muscles are nice and big, possibly even to big for your size, i would not want muscles that big, but 1 thing your chest muscles are tiny, looks very very odd when your are well built everywhere else, you must work on it otherwise it just looks odd.

sfalexi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good definition. I agree with the adding mass comments.

I'm six inches shorter and ten pounds heavier. at 5'10", I'd set a goal of maybe 180.

Alexi

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks everyone for the replies

I havent really been able to figure out a goal yet, but im still thinking. Basically i want to be bigger and more proportioned.

I've been lifting for a month- once a week with a personal trainer.
I'm now going to start once with a personal trainer, and another 1 or 2 times in the gym alone.

Jiggy- thanks, I wont get weightgainers and im going to start spreading out 6 meals a day.

Mr.extreme- Whats a serratus?

You guys are definitely right about my chest, i know its way out of proportions of the rest of my body. My arms are also bigger than the rest of my body- this is due to the types of sports i play.

I have pretty good legs because im a biker, and i did some leg workouts but im going to start it more seriously now.

-Anything else?

Don_Joffe

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
how about some facial pics? Your body looking good, build your chest more...get some face pics..

Centaurion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ lol

looking for some more jerk-off materiel, huh?

heh, looking pretty good man!

Layla

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Don_Joffe
how about some facial pics? Your body looking good, build your chest more...get some face pics..
HA!

Aright ill try to get some up soon, My face is in those though- ill get some closer ones

Last edited:

Huno

Reaction score
Damn... I would love to look like that...!

*IF* I had to criticize, I'd say work out your chest, shoulders, and lats, to give you that wide look on your upper body. I think that would be most physically appealing.

KillingTime

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You've got a good base for 15, just focus on the big compound lifts and throw in a FEW isolated lifts to finish things off.

Try basing your chest workout around incline dumbell presses and dips, your chest will get massive guaranteed, no need for flat bench presses with those two but you can switch it up later on.

Your upper body isn't wide enough yet, hit the back hard with heavy barbell rows and weighted pull ups and in about a year your lats will stick out quite a bit to the sides giving you the infamous V shape, that's whats missing right now.

And of course, don't forget to squat.

Nightwing

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Layla
Hey,
I'm working out for about a month now, nothing really that serious. I'm going to get more serious now though and start going 2x-3x a week.

Do you guys have any recomendations on exercises that would suit me. Also any critique on my proportions/progress would be appreciated.

Anyways.....heres the link

http://photobucket.com/albums/y35/sitthead/

- I will be updating it soon when i get some more pics.
Dude, your physique is excellent!!!! As far as exercises are concerned, just go basic, for example,

Squats
Curls with a straight bar
bench press
military press

Other than that, you look great!!