Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pickups at the gym??

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
I'm surprised at the number of people who talk about gym pickups.

I've been working out for about 5-6 years now and I'm in the gym almost every night. I go primarily for my own fitness (to look and feel good), not to pick up women.

It doesn't mean I don't notice them. I see them all the time...even made eye contact with a few of them, but I don't feel right about maintaining it with them. I figure most of them go there for the exercise too. Granted, they want to be seen and to show off, but I don't believe they're there to be "picked up."

How do you approach a woman in the gym without seeming like one of those guys who go to the gym just to hit on women? I mean, it's not like you can just roll up and say, "Nice glutes...mind if I work in? :D"

I just want to hear some stories, successful or otherwise, and how you would approach

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I go to a gym that has all these fake high class ho's..Ive never been to Bally's , I hear Bally's is a real meat market

I always see guys (mostly older fat rich) come up to the ladies to show them what the most effective method of their exercise is..good form..etc..

I have never used a gym approach..but I gather its way better than clubs...

vectorz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by squirrels
How do you approach a woman in the gym without seeming like one of those guys who go to the gym just to hit on women
I think you're trying too hard not to come off as hitting on them, when either way that's how they'll interpret it anyhow. You shouldn't worry about trying to figure out how not to come off as hitting on them, because that's what you ARE doing... you're hitting on them.

Starman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yup..they will think you are hitting on them even if they dropped a 100 lb barbell on themselves and you try to help her.

Pooks post about "Being a man" and not hiding your sexuality comes to mind..

girls dont mind you flirting with them and some actually crave it..they just dont like the guys that come off to presumptous and sexual "hey Whaddya say me and you leave this place and turn my bedroom into a steam room?"

mahon83050

Banned
Reaction score
I know what you mean. I feel awkward picking up chicks at the gym because most of them are there to do their own thing, and I feel like I am interupting.

In my current situation, there was this chick I used chat up a COUPLE of years ago when I went to the gym. She had a b/f , but I always got good vibes from her. I recently joined the same gym and I see this girl in there. However, she is usually in a class and not out in the open. I have seen her turn and notice me a couple of times thru the glass(like she know I am there). I was at the front desk talking to the receptionist when the class came out. I wanted to talk to the girl, but she was talking to two other girls. She then went out the door before me. If I would of chased her down, I would have looked like a chump. It is tough sometimes, because I do not want to give the girl the impression I am too "shy" to talk to her, but at the same time I do not want to go "out of my way" either because I do not want to look desperate. How do you handle a situation like that?

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee

I go to Bally's, and I wouldn't say it's a "meat market," although there are plenty of attractive ladies at times.

The thing that's hard for me to get past is that I go there to work out and I think about how I would feel if women came up to me and started running their yaps while I'm trying to press some steel or something.

Actually, I'm not sure I'd really mind that, unless I was in the middle of a set or something. Or she was ass-ugly. :D

drixsa

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
at the gym...

aight well when i am workin out it is all business and i am there for ME and no one else. But when i am walkin in, leavin, on the tread then ill look around. see if i see anyone i know or any HB in tight clothes, whatever...

thats not necessarily everyones approach and that aight...

my advice...if wanted would be by starting to talk to everyone. Even if it is just makin eye contact and smiling at them or saying hi, it is a good 1st step to make. Personally i feel that if u start off easy smiling then later approaching them it makes it much more natural.

I happen to go to a gym that is a bit trendy, (kind of like a big bally's). And i go there a lot so i know most of the ppl that work there so at the least i smile and say hi. ive never been rejected

the truth is that over 90% of woman go to gyms to meet guys or jus look at them. Pathetic as it may seem we do that constantly thoughout the day. So if u approach them relaxed not worrying about how your gonna ask them out or get their # and u jus talk to them normally.

I hear guys go hit on girls and within the first 2 minutes they are tryin to joke about how the girl has huge "guns". and other lame sh!t like that. If you are lucky enough that the girl is dumb or thinks your cute you may get away with it. But jus be yourself.

Personally when i go and talk to some random girls i just talk to them almost as if they are just regualr guys. It can makes it quite easier for some.

aight...
-DrIx

stallion

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey Squirrel,

Another living proof that it works. I just got a number from a girl at the gym while running tracks by her. I can't really tell whether I'll succeed later on when I call her a few days later but at least they're definitely approachable!

I pretty much waited for this girl to start walking and I simply walked up to her, said hi, asked her about this gym, comment, and we took it off from here. The girl is asian so I had fun trying to guess her true ethnicity.

The problem is that I was sweating when we ran together but managed to get her #. She mentioned I have a cool cell phone and kept on laughing.. I don't know if its because her english sucked or what but its worth a shot!

SideShow Bob

Don Juan
Reaction score
Never Done It

I've been going to the local community centre gym for a few years, and in that entire time have never even approached.... I go there to work out, and that's it.

HOWEVER

Interestingly I've had a few girls either approach me or check me out.

SO

My conclusion is that the best thing to do would be to talk to everyone in the gym... And if someone makes eye contact smile, and if they smile back approach.

Again, never done it, so no story of experience.

Templeton

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I work in and help manage a large gym. Damn! This is the easiest place in the world to pick up chicks - well it is and it isn't. Working there it is easy to talk to any chick I want and not come off as blatantly trying to pick her up, but then again I can't really go around doing that as I may put my job in jeopardy so I have to be kinda subtle and crafty about it.

Lately I'm working on this cute young climber chick - I offered to help her with her grip. She seems more than receptive though as jumped at the chance. Haven't quite explained what she might be gripping onto yet though...;)

To you guys who frequent the gyms there are easy ways to chat with girls - the better shape you are in the better you will be in my view. Comment how you like that exercise she is doing and how it really gets your...glutes, thighs or whatever. Offer to show her an even more effective way of doing an exercise or a great new one and what she can get out of it. Loads of different opportunities to approach - use the mat at the same time as her. Do the plank (static abs) and ask her to check if your body is alligned. All this is of course more effective if you know what you are talking about yourself - maybe she will think she can learn off you and you can help her get the body she wants - I mean, you know how badly these chicks obsess over their bodies.

Alternately if you are in awesome shape, stand and perform exercises in front of her - don't make it too blatant just use a fixed machine near where she is - she will stare at you believe me, give her a knowing smile and you're off.

studmuffin15

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
u can look at this from 3 angles, none of which is really conducive to successfully scoring:

1.) hot girls at the gym are also hot outside of the gym. they get hit on by guys everywhere, outside the gym, and look to the gym as a place where they can get away from men, just work out, and feel good about themselves. these girls put up the bytch shield right away when they are approached in the gym. this example most closely relates to "not intruding on a girl when she is working out". IMO, ask around and find out where she hangs out outside the gym, and hit on her there when u meet her "by accident".

***note to this: even if she was once receptive to guys at the gym, so many meatheads may have already hit on her that she is now no longer unapproachable in this setting. i have known a few girls who at first didnt mind the attention. but after a while, they actually became tired of it, canceled their membership, and now go to a women-only gym.

2.) some girls are attention wh*res. we all know this. some will lead u on just to look good and feel wanted in front of all the other women at the gym, and in reality, want nothing to do with u.

3.) dont shyt where u sleep. i have a few friends who picked up girls at the gym, went out for a bit, then broke up. their ex-s still go to the same gym and naturally, u prob wouldnt want to constantly see ur X at ur gym >> its just naturally annoying. also, many women in gyms love to gossip and chat..there is a good chance that one of ur gym-Xs will end up ****blocking u with other chicks in the gym.

bottom line is this...if u are into working out and are there to get in shape and improve urself, all u are doing by looking for opportunities to score is losing ur focus on what is truly important --- getting in shape.

if ur sole reason for joining the gym was to score, good luck. if ur reason was to get in shape, do urself a favor and avoid trying the "gym pickup"...there are plenty of places in this world outside the gym where u can find hot girls.

One on One

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know this is an old thread, but I have a little story.

There's this group of about 4 guys at the gym, probably early 30s, musclehead guys. Well, two of them at least are always trying to hit on younger girls (18-22)...now I don't recommend this cause you'll look pretty sleazy if you're an older guy, but he seems to do OK. He just jokes with him...I overheard him last time hit on this hot 18 year old broad just teasing her about how she was talking to her friend and not focusing like "hey, you gotta stop talking to her and concentrate on lifting"...I thought that was a pretty cool line. He said some more stuff and she was cracking up, but then her and her friend kinda got away from them cause they didn't want no older guy hitting on them, but they thought it was funny nonetheless. Don't take it the wrong way, though...I've seen that guy get friendly with some chicks there cause he hits on like every hot girl that enters the place...don't know if he's gotten action though.

Trojan

Don Juan
Reaction score
Social Proof. Dude make friends with the trainers, front desk, everyone. You know how many girls these guys know. Endless supply of azz. A couple of my friends are trainers and they introduce me to chix in the gym all the time. They throw parties and invite me and the girls. Think outside the box. Angles my friend, angles.