Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pick Up Girls Alone

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A lot of times I hear a lot of people talking about social proof. I honestly think its BS. Why?

- Its YOU that is picking her up, not you and your friends.

- A lot of men are c0ckblockers. Don't underestimate the power of AFCs.

- Odds are she cares more about you than your friends.

- Do you care about HER social proof?

People do this anyway but to me, social proof is adding a volatile element into your DJing.

Last edited:

M2k961

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I have bigger problems with c*ckblockers than my friends.

Damn those c*ckblockers.

es_mer8

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
A HUGE problem is this: if your friend says something stupid, you may look bad. I'm not sure how this works, but i think it has something to do with first impressions.
Yes. When I get women anymore, I make sure I am by myself. The problem with my friends is that half of them try to be friends with her while I'm DJing her. It kills my chances off by 100% because apparently through osmosis, she thinks I just want to be friends with her. I know thats how because out of about 10 attempted pickups with friends, I came away with 0 numbers. When I did about 10 pickups by myself, I got 8 numbers, including one kiss close, and three hug closes.

The other half are c0ckblockers but they do it passive aggressively. They will try to cut me down which obviously leaves a bad impression. They will bring up the worst examples about me. At first I thought they were just sh1tty joke tellers. Now after seeing results, I came to the conclusion that by passive aggressive behaviors, they c0ckblock me.

As soon as they try to do that, start DJ'ing them! It may make the original girl jealous. After you leave, they BOTH will talk about you. Make the c0ckblocker like you.
I tried that with no success. One time when my friend was c0ckblocking me, I poked fun at him but these were funny examples, not examples to cut him down like he did to me. He got pissed and later wanted to fight me. I would have beat his ass but the point is that DJing the c0ckblocker is a hit and miss affair. I imagine thats more a last resort. The first resort of course is to DJ alone. If you do have friends, make sure they are far away enough for you to at least get in 5-10 minutes of DJing time.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
At a party I was with 3 girls, one of which I was interested in, and the other 2 started to CB so I flirted with them too, but I guess they got too jealous cos when I went back to macking on their HB friend they got rude (your place is dirty etc) and *****y and wanted to leave

But i talked to one of them later apologized and wants to see me. Of course, I am going out with her friend ;)

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
and to answer es_mer's question, I do care about a girl's social proof. Who a girl associates with often shows what sort of person shes like. If she hangs out with lots of UGs she has low self confidence and then you know how to DJ her. But if she hangs out with the snobby sorority hoes then shes probably one herself so you can adjust your DJ tactics (assuming you still want that piece...)

LowPlainsDrifter

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
One of the biggest reasons that I like to pick up alone is because of 'blocking friends who interfere.
One guy knows damn well that he is a better conversationalist than I am. So he butts in even when he's not attracted to the woman I'm chatting up and steals her attention away.

Reaction score
yup what you are saying is so true that same thing happens to me i mean my friend is better looking than me and you know what im the guy that has the balls to go up to them and then he just walks up and takes them from me even though he already has a GF this makes me so pissed off . from now on if im going to a club with my friend i wont try to pick up unless he backs of and lets me do my thing. man i hate CBs they just know how to get in your nerves.latez!!!

weehee

Don Juan
Reaction score
you need your friend for support.

if you are not a regular stud you'll need your friends cheering for your success or comforting for your failure. but that doesnt mean theyll be with you when you are actually talking to a girl. just that theyll be waiting behinding the cartain after your act.

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Haha.
The fact is when I'm out there picking women up I'm always alone.
This is why all my friends are too AFC/have gf etc. BS.

I go clubbing alone.
Of course I always see some friends there and chat with them but with women I'm alone.

It's actually quite easy when you don't have any tail.

One bad thing about being alone is that basically those chicks who are there just the two of them are hard ones. You have to be friendly to them both (or wait for a good moment, which isn't a good strategy).

On a dance floor I usually just steal a chick from a group.
Her friends will resist but they stop it when they see their friend is having fun with you and they there's nothing they can do to CB. Ignoring is one way there I've used succesfully. You can always try to wink of blow a kiss at them when they try to ****block with a ****y smile on your face. Sometimes they see that the girl you are dancing with is dancing with a MAN.
Usually they give up c0ckblocking and ask the girl I have hit that "are you coming wiht us when we leave or no?". By saying this they actually give her a possibility to leave with me without being seen like a slut. So grabbing her and ignoring CB can be really good.
Also the borrowing is good.
You say to her friends "Hey, I'm going to borrow this girl for a dance or to/over there for a while".
Then just take her.
If they don't resist, (****blocking isn't usual here!) they allow her to go and have fun with you. Also when her friends say yes first she has one BIG reason more to go with you.
Third one is to chat/dance with ugly one instead of honey bunny, make her laugh and have REALLY good time, the HB get's jealous and frustrated. And even may try to get you. Then you just use some basic DJ things like neg-hits, c&f, and be like she is chacing you and wind up with the HB in the end. Jealousy is a powerful tool.

I like to use those kind of basic things. Nothing too fancy.

It's good to have some social proof, but it's not something you REALLY need.
You can always fake social proof and go to see your friends that aren't even there. Act like you are surrounded with friends. Wave at those people you know somewhere but not really well, talk to bardenders, etc like you knew them...

jakethasnake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I always sarge alone, esp. in non-pick up, everyday environments. When I go out to clubs/bars, it's usually to have a good time. I don't go to actively look for girls, but I will go with the flow and take the chance if an oppurtunity presents itself. Simple as that.

Those are solid tactics btw, Ice. :cool:

Reaction score
I get **** blocked by so many ppl a lot its so gay, I feel like pushing a button that makes them disappear for a second because it seems thAt right when I'm feeling good or doing something good with a woman something or someone gets in the way and f*cks me all up.

Ol'BlueEyes

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Hot Ice

I'm exactly like you. I was very surprised at how easy it got after a while.
It's even better if you stay relatively sober (as I do). After 11 or 12, the girls I talk to have drunk enough rum & cokes to be positively swozzled and need a ride home. I'm only happy to oblige. :D

Hot Ice

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Re: Hot Ice

Originally posted by Ol'BlueEyes
I'm exactly like you. I was very surprised at how easy it got after a while.
It's even better if you stay relatively sober (as I do). After 11 or 12, the girls I talk to have drunk enough rum & cokes to be positively swozzled and need a ride home. I'm only happy to oblige. :D
Haha, not exactly!
I go to party after 11.
It's no use here to go much earlier if you are not with friends.
I don't really like it, but clubs just start to fill after 12.
They typically close 04:00 am.

Man, I've never been wasted on clubs. I mean W A S T E D.
It's good I don't have afford to drink much.
I've been sober many times. I consider few drinks as sober.
I just need some dance to get to the great feeling and start importing some chicks.

I think there's decent party at club 14th day...
Can't wait it. :p

Microphone Fiend

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When you got ladies as social proof, I don't see how they can c0ckblock you. It's not that they won't say anything, just that when you go in for the approach they should be elsewhere I thought? I thought social proof was just being seen with the other person, and then one the approach you can ditch 'em?

Synthesis

Don Juan
Reaction score
The only way for picking up with friends to work is:

1) They have to want to try to do a good job.

2) They have to want to try to help you out, not block you.

3) They have to be good with women. If they're bad with women, they have to want to get better.

4) They have to be willing to learn and adapt, instead of repeating the same mistakes over and over.

I went to a coffee shop with a friend of mine last night. When we walked in I saw 2 cute girls and immediately sat at their table.

I called my friend over and he proceeded to say things that definitely did *not* attract them. When I spoke to him about it after they left, he showed that he was unwilling to ever try anything different. :p

It really depends on the person you're with. And the mood they're in. This same guy has actually helped me get chicks in the past haha.

Eric Smith

Don Juan
Reaction score
if you are not a regular stud you'll need your friends cheering for your success or comforting for your failure
Yes but what if your friends are worthless as PUAs? Then you get my friends, who can't pick up a girl to save their lives. If they were in relationships, the only reason why they were is because the girl got tired of the games and asked them out directly (I am telling the truth). I have no DJ friends right now with me. I have one or two back at home (away from college) but until I get back in May, I'm stuck DJing alone.

I get **** blocked by so many ppl a lot its so gay, I feel like pushing a button that makes them disappear for a second because it seems thAt right when I'm feeling good or doing something good with a woman something or someone gets in the way and f*cks me all up.
You are not alone. If I could make it a crime for people to c0ckblock you, I would be the strongest supporter of it. I'm no perfect DJ and it discourages me constantly when my friends intentionally (or not intentionally and they just don't know how dumb they are) CB me. Its annoying. So much that I decided to leave them behind. I even go to the extent now of never even telling them my stories of my involvement with the female sex. One of my F-Buddies was found out by one of my friends and tried to be friends with her. So whenever we'd do something, he would pop up and basically piss me off.

Right now I'm seeing this one girl and they have absolutely no clue about it. I know it sucks to be dominated by CBs but they are powerful forces working against me, you, and all of DJdom.

The only way for picking up with friends to work is:
I knew a person that wanted to DJ with me. I gave him links to the bible, a link to some of the great threads on this forum, etc. A week later he tells me he quits because being a DJ is "not who I am." :rolleyes: Loser. It sucks because he knows where I'm getting this info from. Good thing is that I haven't seen him since early September.

MoMurda

Banned
Reaction score
For CBs i jus flash alil of the ol .45 S&W, that gets em of n running the other way.F A G G ETs.

"Y'all niggaz ain't wolves y'all soft like baby foxes"...