Pick girlfriend up at the airport

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
My girl is on vacation in Spain for a week with her family (she went yesterday) and I'd like to surprise her at the airport when she comes back. The night before she left she mentioned when her plane will arrive, so I took it as a hint that she'd like me to be there.

Thing is, we've only been exclusive for a month. Is it too soon to show up at the airport with a rose? The rose will symbolize our "1 month together" which she will miss as she's away.

I'm a pretty romantic guy, so this is something I'd see myself doing. I'm just worried it's too soon and a bit AFCish...

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wouldn't do it especially because she is probably flirting with some spanish guy right now.

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks dude, very funny. I trust her. She's vacationing in the most family-oriented part of Spain, like the total opposite of Ibiza, so I'm not really worried.

Strelok

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It wasn't my intention to make fun of you but only to suggest one possibility that is more than probable,my apologies in case you felt otherwise.

This forum its full of men who trusted their girls,you can read their experiences in the mature forum,so you better take in account what happened to other men before you,especially since you're exclusive with her from a single month only.

Joser590

Don Juan
Reaction score
It all depends on the type of chick you are dating. Some will find it sweet while others will think it's kind of gay after only one month of dating.

If it was me, I'd hold off on any romantic gestures for now. It just way too soon. You guys (or maybe just you) are in the honeymoon phase part of the relationship; the part where you get butterflies, your stomach churns and in your mind your significant other can do no wrong. You gotta becareful here! Most people tend to lose their heads or perspective on things because of the numerous endorphins flowing through your body.

Enjoy this phase while it lasts but just be mindful!

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, now I'm starting to worry though.

Sure, I've been thinking about what could happen while she's away... But the night before she left, I was at her house and when I was about to leave at 1:00 AM (she had to leave for the plane at 3:00 AM), she cried a bit and didn't want to let go, you know yadda-yadda. To me, that felt real. When she was at the airport she sent a looong text, telling me how she'd miss me VERY much.

She's 17 and on vacation with her family (her mom, dad, sister, brother + his girlfriend) at the most family-friendly place in Spain. Do you really think she'd try something?

We haven't had contact since the text she sent while at the airport, and I won't be initiating contact while she's away. I'm going out with my friends, I'm gonna work and make money and focus on my life. If she contacts me I'll ask her how she is and make sure she knows how much fun I'm having. I want her to miss me.

edit: this post's aimed at Strelok.

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Joser590 said:
It all depends on the type of chick you are dating. Some will find it sweet while others will think it's kind of gay after only one month of dating.

If it was me, I'd hold off on any romantic gestures for now. It just way too soon. You guys (or maybe just you) are in the honeymoon phase part of the relationship; the part where you get butterflies, your stomach churns and in your mind your significant other can do no wrong. You gotta becareful here! Most people tend to lose their heads or perspective on things because of the numerous endorphins flowing through your body.

Enjoy this phase while it lasts but just be mindful!
Yeah, I thought so too. I'd like to do it but maybe it's too soon. Thanks for the input!

A

Aazman

I hope everything is going well, but can I just say. The whole point of DJ is that you make mistakes. You don't need to rely on always asking us- UNLESS you really have no clue. Obv she is young and if you two were to survive the tests through time it would be a rare miracle.

So if ever you start thinking about things- try to think objectively and even if you do a mistake. Learn from it as sometimes you can recitify mistakes. Otherwise as they say more fish in the sea.

Hope this solves the hassle in the future. ;)

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
Thanks for the feedback!

I've learned that she bought me birthday gifts while there (she missed my birthday while on vacation) so I've decided to surprise her with a pink rose and a home-made gift certificate for a full body-massage, given by me of course. ;) I'd like to show her that her thoughtfulness is appreciated and that she's awesome.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
crashdietguy said:
Thing is, we've only been exclusive for a month. Is it too soon to show up at the airport with a rose? The rose will symbolize our "1 month together" which she will miss as she's away.

I'm a pretty romantic guy, so this is something I'd see myself doing. I'm just worried it's too soon and a bit AFCish...
I've been with my girlfriend for a year and I still don't do **** like that :crackup:

iliketennis

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
don't listen to strelok his posts in this thread are way too bitter. you shouldn't worry about her.

if she doesn't contact you the whole time she's gone, then don't go to the airport.

if she calls you right when she's about to leave spain or at a connecting flight in another city, make a date soon or something.

Serialized3

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
dude she's 17 going on vacation with her family. highly unlikely she's even had the opportunity to screw around. Now if she was 19 and went with her friends ... whole different story.

forget the pink rose thing tho man, pretty chumpish, especially after just a month. just being there and saying that you missed her will be plenty.

Joser590

Don Juan
Reaction score
Well it seems you have made up your mind. Since this is the case I only ask that you do not make these romantic gestures a habit. The more you do them the more the chick becomes bored and unhappy.

In my experience, my past relationships have lasted longer and been more fulfilling the less I go out of my way to be sweet and romantic. Sounds crazy and weird but it's the truth.

Hullothere

Don Juan
Reaction score
dude do not do the rose thing, that is horrible after only 1 month. despite what you see in disney movies on courting, that is not the way it works in real life unfortunately.

but yah if this relationship goes on for a while, have fun with it man. first loves are always some of the strongest emotions you will ever feel. just remember you are both young and things change a lot in the next few years.

r0cky

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I imagine that since you're asking for advice you will at least consider mines. DO NOT DO THIS! Stay home, do not meet her at the airport. You are not her husband! or even her fiancee! If you really insist on the rose, I guess you can do that, even tho i also dont recommend it. But I'm really 100% against the idea of seeing her at the airport.
Hopefully you'll listen to my advice (and it seems its the same as everybody else's).

Serg897

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Too soon. I would wait much longer before doing romantic gestures like this.

How old are you crashdiet? (I hope not 30 like the previous poster said).

Reaction score
He is 18, he said in another thread of his.

At the age of 18, the #1 thing you need to be doing is make sure to NOT take her seriously, so as to prevent heartbreak in the future.

I can give you my 100% guarantee that you and your girlfriend will not get married......and like logic says, that means you two will break up at some point. With that said, it's your duty to do whatever you need to do to have sex with this girl as much as possible and if you think the rose will make her melt for you and get her horny, then give her the rose. A rose in this situation works very well because the girl is still young and femininity is not ruined yet, so she will think it's romantic and not creepy (the ruining starts when girls get to college and get all of the feminism brainwashed into them).

crashdietguy

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm 19 now, since 2 days. :D I will not meet her at the airport, and since I've followed all (sound) advice this site has offered since I began dating her (and it's gone really well so far), I will not give her a rose. I will give her my awesome gift-certificate though, I'm sure she'll appreciate it. ;)

Rescue Mission, what you say is probably true, but damn it's hard to wrap my head around it at this point. She is fvcking awesome, and I know she's really into me. I know I'm young and naive (and a raging sea of love hormones), but is it really doomed to fail? I know most HS relationships fail at some point, but fvck it, if I play by the DJ rules this LTR should have a chance. Props for your insight man, even if it's tough love. :)

Thanks for the input guys.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Romantic gestures are fine, but ONLY as a reward for a woman being extremely good to you. Like going out of her way over and over to please you. They should NEVER be done to make the woman like you more, or to make up for mistakes, they should be REWARDS for good behaviors.

I've done some things for women that would make some guys on here puke for but always after they jumped through hoops for me....

With that said - im not sure what your reasoning is for giving her ANYTHING! What exactly has she done for you while being on this trip?

Your mentality is "i wanna do something for her to show her how much i missed her. how much i love her. so that she loves me back even more!"

Which just doesn't work (you'll be deceived by her reaction though; but her instincts will be saying "yuck".... 17 or not)....

How about instead of a rose; instead of a gift certificate (Wtf?) you give her a nice hard d!ck instead?

Women appreciate that more than any other gift...

Trust me...

PS: As tempting as it'll be for you to ask her if she hung out with any guys or anything.... It's best you don't! Even if she drops hints on you - be aloof....