Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pick a social hobby and just have fun - the easy way to DHV

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've been doing salsa for the last couple of months on and off but recently got into my strides, going at least once or twice a week, and practicing during the week too.

I took a date to a salsa class at one of the city's hot salsa bars. Thought it'd be fun and I like putting girls in challenging situations to see how they react. The class operates a policy where women rotate partners so everyone gets a chance to dance with everyone else. There are a few tell-tale signs as to whether girls enjoy you as a partner. They will smile a lot, laugh and enjoy the movements and often even high five you with excitement after the dance. For some reason everything just clicked for me last night and I picked up all the moves smoothly. All my partners were showing the tell-tale signs. One partner (not my date) even squealed with delight telling me I had such "great control" and was giving me those "I'm DTF" eyes as we were dancing. Even the teacher (one of the most sexy chicks out there by the way) was telling me she "loved my vibe today".

Furthermore, as I've been going for a few months now and NOT conspicuously hitting on all the hot girls there (this is important by the way) I've developed a nice little circle of buddies. It's never a bad thing when you're walking in with a date and a Brazilian HB9 hugs you as she is leaving and says she'll see you again when she comes back from Christmas.

All this did not go unnoticed by my actual date. Afterwards gaming her was a cinch. What I'm trying to say is if you can DHV in a particular setting you essentially transform yourself into a contextual alpha and then don't really need "game" per se. People seem to think DHV means you need to show her you have money, status or some other rare quality but clearly it can be as easy as taking a salsa class for a couple of months and just being friendly with the other students. So just go out and have fun. You've got nothing to lose.

Mr. Kalikoat

Don Juan
Reaction score
DHV is all about being an interesting person doing interesting things. That in itself is a rare quality these days. So many guys just do the same old things; they work, hit the gym and go clubbing to pick up women. That's not interesting, every guy with just an ounce of knowledge about game does that. You did the right thing by picking up salsa lessons. It's not something many guys do so it's interesting, and it's a good way to expand your social circle and meet new women. So well done there!

Because I'm a graphics designer who also paints a lot, I often go to life drawing sessions at the local college campus to improve my drawing skills and for a bit of networking. It's a great way to meet new women, often the shy artistic types, the types I prefer. Besides, how many guys do you know who actually know how to draw/paint? Exactly.

Roober

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Agreed! get a hobby and keep it! I need to get more salsa going. definitely next week.

thatfeel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony is that everyone around here seems to recommend salsa and everyone seems to be doing it ;)

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The irony is that everyone around here seems to recommend salsa and everyone seems to be doing it ;)
I see a lot of guys doing this in the beginners class for 2 to 3 weeks. It's obvious they're trying to pick up girls, which repulses most of the women there. They don't last long.

The number of guys here who actually stick with it until they're decent is probably miniscule in comparison to the thirsty guys who turn up thinking it's just another pickup and end up quiting within a month.

pyros

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i've been learning and dancing salsa for several years now and I can tell you that you dont fvck as mumany girls as some people think.
Yes, if you can dance good, sexy girls will want to dance with you but the majority of women in the salsa world are there just because they have fun. However, 95% of guys are there because they want to get sex, even if you last long enough to be a good dancer, your main objective is to get sex.

So, from my personal experience it is a good hobby because it allows you to meet girls, have fun, etc, but after a few years you get to the conclusion that you're just doing it to attract women so it is not really YOUR hobby. I'd rather go to practice martial arts than dance salsa eventhough I enjoy it and I like the music.

Also, as someone above said, the majority of guys just last a couple of months, so then end up trying to pick-up girls while dancing pretty bad, which actually lowers their value.

You just pick-up girls when you are at least an "ok" dancer, which probably takes you more than a year of practice considering you spend two or three hours a week.

Anyway, it is my main way of meeting girls nowadays. Way better than clubs.

Von

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If you have a hobby, it means you have a passion, a world... so you have something of value you hold that makes ''you''... it's something the female will considers in her interaction with you and even pick it up as her interest increase.... It increases your value.

Also, as you grow in it, you have a ''hobby community'' increasing your social value (got buddies from the passion).

I've picked up dancing too, it's actually right now in my monk mode. The best way I meet woman. At my school, most women are over 40 years old, the young ones (under 30) are way more experienced and skilled... so for someone who's been at it for 1 year might not impress them at all lol.

However, I am in the youngest man... so I am popular with the older ladies and I learn fast but nothing impressive for the younger ones. A guy have a higher learning curve.

The point, in anything you do, if you are good, you'll make a good impression.

Dancing will teach you to master your frame.

Case:
Last night, went to this club, I think the average was 80 years old, I was with a group of 80 people raging from 30 to 50 most from my school. There I saw a gay couple I hadn't see in years, 2 guys from university time, they were with 1 lady around 40 and one 10HB funny girl around 25 (she was clearly the youngest and hottest), there was other beautiful 40+... any the gay couple and the 2 girls were dance partners (they never switched at all, so the gay couple only danced with the girls, the girls only the gay, except a couple of times were the older lady came ot me and me to her... the young one was clearly not happy or not interested in switching).... Some girls at the club even woman with their bf would change partners etc...

The young girl ****blocked me when I said, let's meet again at other dance clubs... the gay couple literally said: well keep you in touch... Lol but who cares.

Yes, guys go there to meet women, ladies go to have fun, some want to be strictly ''with 1 guy even if he's gay'' but all the rules are broken if you are 1) good 2) dancing 3) she's interested in you.

I picked up 2 girls from my dance school.

After 1 year I am still the youngest guy... I say people go to dance schools to 1) find a new ''partner'' 2) learn how to dance

My reasons ? 1) Dance 2) Meet people 3) Have fun.

The race goes to the one who improves, doesn't look ''sex hungry'', has frame.... like in dating

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hobby or no hobby you have to get off your ass.
Yeah, but the main difference is that a hobby is fun, means you don't need any sort of motivation, discipline, inspirational posts to get off your ass, you just go out and do it because it's fun.

3agle 3yes

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This was an approach I used in regards to clubs (mostly) and bars. Whilst many guys would go to these places to just get laid, I would go there to network. I would look around to find people in the "inner circle", finding other guys who have a fun vibe and are good with women was and is still rare in my opinion but being friends with these guys obviously helps and when I could I would meet club owners and promoters.. One of the things I found important was to have information on the best places to go, I would make as many contacts with outgoing people (including women with no interest in sex) as I could.

And eventually, before I went to any club or rave I would invite people to a friends place (it would've been my place if it was decent at the time) and then we would go out from there. Instead of just meeting girls with a bunch of guys or by myself, I would have some of the women I'd met previously trying to match me up with other women they met, women have it much easier talking to other in these environments and this includes other men too, also show up with outgoing attractive women is a DHV anyway.

Point is as BeTheChange is saying, prolonging gratification and having a long term plan pays off in spades.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, but the main difference is that a hobby is fun, means you don't need any sort of motivation, discipline, inspirational posts to get off your ass, you just go out and do it because it's fun.
I guess you've never tried to learn to play an instrument, dance, learn a language, skill or any other activity that involves a degree of difficulty?

Hobbies are not always fun in the sense of perpetual happiness and unneeded external motivation. In fact, most hobbies other than video gaming and netflix binging require a degree of discomforting commitment before they become fulfilling and enjoyable.

Trump

Banned
Reaction score
That's hilarious. It's always join "salsa". How come no one ever recommends or joins a chess club, a tennis club, a book club as a hobby? Because you can't meet women.

If you enjoy salsa that's one thing, but you don't enjoy it yet continue to do it to touch, meet, and dance with women to demonstrate higher sexual value, you got stamina. :)

Huffman

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess you've never tried to learn to play an instrument, dance, learn a language, skill or any other activity that involves a degree of difficulty?
Easy there on the assumptions buddy, here I am speaking English to you without ever having to suffer while learning it.

Papa_smu

Banned
Reaction score
i've been learning and dancing salsa for several years now and I can tell you that you dont fvck as mumany girls as some people think.
Yes, if you can dance good, sexy girls will want to dance with you but the majority of women in the salsa world are there just because they have fun. However, 95% of guys are there because they want to get sex, even if you last long enough to be a good dancer, your main objective is to get sex.

So, from my personal experience it is a good hobby because it allows you to meet girls, have fun, etc, but after a few years you get to the conclusion that you're just doing it to attract women so it is not really YOUR hobby. I'd rather go to practice martial arts than dance salsa eventhough I enjoy it and I like the music.

Also, as someone above said, the majority of guys just last a couple of months, so then end up trying to pick-up girls while dancing pretty bad, which actually lowers their value.

You just pick-up girls when you are at least an "ok" dancer, which probably takes you more than a year of practice considering you spend two or three hours a week.

Anyway, it is my main way of meeting girls nowadays. Way better than clubs.
What are you suggesting? Should we not be doing Salsa?

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salsa is fun, keeps you in great shape, gets you arount fun open minded people and gets you next to the ladies. You'll btied some of them if you are physically attractive to them. Get a few drinks in them...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Hobbies are not always fun in the sense of perpetual happiness and unneeded external motivation. In fact, most hobbies other than video gaming and netflix binging require a degree of discomforting commitment before they become fulfilling and enjoyable.
Salsa is actually FUN right away if you can lose anxiety. The music and being close to the receptive ladies feels very good!

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dances classes are great... I just took up swing dancing.

Yoga is another can't miss activity to meet women. It's great exercise... will keep you in shape, and the women are on nice shape and pretty freaking great.

BeTheChange

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Salsa is actually FUN right away if you can lose anxiety. The music and being close to the receptive ladies feels very good!
I agree with you here. However being bad at anything sucks and the feeling is amplified when your partner isn't enjoying herself because of your skill level.

Salsa has a pretty steep learning curve at the beginning but is definitely worth it in the long run.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I agree with you here. However being bad at anything sucks and the feeling is amplified when your partner isn't enjoying herself because of your skill level.

Salsa has a pretty steep learning curve at the beginning but is definitely worth it in the long run.
Get thru the first 6 months, just put in a lot of hours in classroom environment, you will get your comfort level. I'd say starting out, at least 5-10 hrs a week to make sure you get it in. Get it in the classroom, this way you don't have to make fool of yourself a bunch of times in the club. After 6 months, you will have footwork, moves and turns that you can use in the club, even if it's only half a dozen or so...

MatureDJ

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Because I'm a graphics designer who also paints a lot, I often go to life drawing sessions at the local college campus to improve my drawing skills and for a bit of networking. It's a great way to meet new women, often the shy artistic types, the types I prefer. Besides, how many guys do you know who actually know how to draw/paint? Exactly.
Do you get to paint nude coeds?