Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Phone Screen Malfunctioning

redskinsfan92

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So, I've been having some issues with my Samsung Galaxy Note 8. The touchscreen gets some phantom touches sometimes.
Sometimes that menu that you swipe down from the top will do it by itself, but not respond when I swipe for it.
Sometimes the touchscreen won't respond, but if I hit the power (to lock it) then unlock the phone it works again.
Sometimes I will be typing and I hit the letter, see that the screen lights the letter showing that it senses my touch, but it won't input it.

Is it a bug? Is a 3rd party spp causing the issue? Virus? Hardware issue? My screen has 2 minor cracks near the edge.

Spaz

Banned
Reaction score
Could be heat from the battery or when it's in the jeans for too long, causing slight bends to the screen.

Off the phone and let it rest for 30mins.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
My screen has 2 minor cracks near the edge.
This is it.

On note 8 you can replace touch screen without LCD, tho it is glued in between. It would have to be taken off, and disassembled, then new touch screen, and make sure LOCA is used in between, otherwise surface area is big, glass will touch LCD. Best results are when the entire module is replaced, LCD + touchscreen + frame, that's rather expensive, just the part will run you almost $200.

Note 2 is old phone, I'd get rid off it and get my iphone 8 or something.

touma.akagi

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Could be heat from the battery or when it's in the jeans for too long, causing slight bends to the screen.

Off the phone and let it rest for 30mins.
Likely it. Consider getting a smaller phone that lends itself easier to your pockets in the future. As nice as the Galaxy Notes are, I'm always going to prefer the Galaxy Ss because they're big relatively speaking, but not too big.

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Bro all that sht about battery and software its all sht. I’m professional, I repaire these things for a living. It’s your touch screen, you fcked it up. Time to replace your phone. I got iphone 7 it’s great. Iphone 8 is just like 7 only glass. It’s cheap, get it plus tech 21 case plus protective glass.

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
"1. Touch Screen Malfunction
Phones with broken screens will not get any better over time. In fact, the first thing that will be compromised in terms of function is the touch screen capacity of your phone. It may take longer for your phone to respond to finger gestures, or worse, it will stop responding altogether."

ref: https://www.vesttech.com/top-6-risks-that-come-with-using-a-cracked-phone-screen/