Phone convo: tips??

DJ4Life

Don Juan
Reaction score
This HB8 im trying to hook up with asked me in MSN if i wanted to chat later in the night she will call me, i said ya sure.

The thing is im just not too experienced with phone convo, im way better off chatting on msn or even meeting up close and personal, but phone is just strange since you can't really see the other guy's emotions and you can only hear her voice

any adivce and tips for how to start the convo, keeping it light and interesting and when to end it?

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well, there is an article that says you should be less interested in her than she is in you. So you don't need to try and keep the convo going, she does. This means you should show some value, use some sort of routine, and let her keep it up.

MSN sucks for talking to girls, I know from past experiences.

Alfie Crew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 08aisaac
Well, there is an article that says you should be less interested in her than she is in you. So you don't need to try and keep the convo going, she does. This means you should show some value, use some sort of routine, and let her keep it up.

MSN sucks for talking to girls, I know from past experiences.
I disagree, if you just sit and wait for her to take action, that won't get you anywhere. A lame person to talk with = even lamer in person. Keep it simple be yourself.

08aisaac

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
being more interested in a girl than she is in you means she's in control of the relationship. Plus, I'm thinking you would be at a high enough game, that one girl doesn't mean that much. She need to earn you're time.

Maybe I said it wrong before. lol.

ICaughtFire

Don Juan
Reaction score
i just wonder what we should be talking about, how to keep the flow going etc, any more advice guys?

smoove

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey man, what is the purpose of this phone convo?

If it's to set up a date...keep it short and to the point. A couple jokes, haha, then make plans and peace out. 5 - 10 mins

If it's for her to unload her girly problems on you....don't even answer the phone. Playing therapist usually gets you no where. Next time you talk to her, just tell her you were busy or something, then make plans to chill in person. Keep your eye on ball and focus on what you want to get out the interaction.

If it's just to chat and get a feel for one another keep it very light. Again, a couple jokes, a couple stories....display your DJ personality and then on a high note CUT THE CONVO SHORT...tell her you gotta go and hang up. 10 - 15 mins tops. Next time you guys talk, tell her right at the start that you're busy and you have to go, but that you would love to talk and you can get together with her IN PERSON on this day or that day.

Anymore questions?

Alfie Crew

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by 08aisaac
being more interested in a girl than she is in you means she's in control of the relationship. Plus, I'm thinking you would be at a high enough game, that one girl doesn't mean that much. She need to earn you're time.

Maybe I said it wrong before. lol.
Yeah agree with idea, and mind set. Not trying to impress her is extremely key. I just didn't want to him to just sit back, and wait for her to do things.

Spookey

Don Juan
Reaction score
smoove said it perfectly

Snoop

Reaction score
Whenever im talking to a girl over the phone I play madden and I tell her im playing too. It puts the responsibility of keeping the convo going on her. It also doubles as a filler during the awkward(sp?) moments, if it gets quiet just be like OH YA TOUCHDOWN BABY, GO STEELERS YEA!!! It may sound stupid but it works for me.

Dude2Stud

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ4Life

The thing is im just not too experienced with phone convo, im way better off chatting on msn or even meeting up close and personal, but phone is just strange since you can't really see the other guy's emotions and you can only hear her voice

Aren't you contradicting yourself here?

Damian

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
No interaction can beat a physical face-to-face confrontation. If you can, set up a meeting and stick to your strong points. If you can keep a good IM conversation of a strong phone conversation, by all means go ahead, but remember that the goal is always to physically meet. You cannot truly make any steps towards completing attraction without physically meeting.

-Damian