Phone calls

How many times to call? (after the previous call failed)

• Call once a week.

Votes: 5 62.5%
  • Call every other week.

Votes: 1 12.5%
  • Call every 3 weeks.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call every month.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Call less frequently as time goes by.

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters

perfectman

Don Juan
Reaction score
This situation has been happening to me frequently. (Usually i call on Weds. from 8PM-10PM)

1. I call the girl (blocking my #)
Result: no one picks up ("private #" gets logged on her cell)
My comments: I'm not gonna block my phone and call them more than twice a night just to reach them.

2. I call the girl (blocking my #)
Result: She picks up, but said she'll call me back. (assuming 50/50 chance she saved my # from previous unblocked calls)
She didn't call back.
My comments: Certainly, I'm not gonna wait around at night for them to call me back, i'd be asleep by then.

3. I call the girl (blocking my #)
(Me) I'm free at 6pm this Fri., Lets go Bowling...for example
Result: (Her) I'm busy this Friday, i already have plans.
My comments: If i suggest both days (Fri. and Sat) she'll think i'm making my schedule to fit her's. Making me look desperate and easy to control.

4. I call the girl (showing my #)
(Her) I'd call you back
Never calls back.
My comments: If they're busy doing something when i call them, by chance they're gonna be tired afterwards and go right to sleep and not call me back.

Questions:
1. So is it just bad luck/bad timing or they are playing a game with me?
2. Are there specific solutions for each of the problems i listed or just some basic rules I gotta learn in order to get a date from these girls?
3. How do i make them call me all the time asking for a date?

THANKS

golf299

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
look,

this girl is not interested. if she was, you would be telling us about your date in a field report.

never call a girl this much, ever...especially if she's not calling you.

don't play games by blocking your number to appear 'private'.

if a girl is interested she will want to talk to you. she will want to go out with you. if you call her she will not screen your calls, she will answer.

if you have to leave a message, so be it. a girl with interest will call back.

time to move on from this one and learn from your mistakes.

good luck, mate.

christz

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
is this all on the same day? if it is, yeah you shouldn't call a girl that much in one day.

i call at least once a night but she picks up for the most part and we have a good convo lasting about 20 or 30 minutes.

honestly a cell phone is the easiest way to avoid somebody you see the call, you see who's callin and if its a private number don't answer. Simple.

so if you call and call and your not gettin any pick up or returned voicemails or whatever then its pretty obvious what's going on.

if she picks up all the time or just about all the time give or take a few instances because ppl sometimes don't wanna talk to certian people. than chances are she likes you or at least likes you enough to talk to you over the phone.

if she makes playful mentioning to future plans, oh we should do that and this, your pretty good.

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stop hiding who you are! The only people who feel like they need to hide their identity from a girl are those who are insecure. Look, if she wants to talk to you, she's going to talk. If she doesn't, she won't. No amount of slinking around trying to sneak a date out of her is going to work.

I get the feeling that what you might need to work on isn't your phone skills, but instead your confidence. If you were really confident, would you have to block your number so she doesn't know you're the one who calls? 75% of the types of calls you do on that list have your number blocked!

Here's my advice to you, and I'm sure you've read threads where other people have had it told to them... however this one is to you, here and now. Go read the DJ Bible. Think of how it could be applied to your life. Begin applying it. See how things change.

perfectman

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by diablo
Stop hiding who you are! The only people who feel like they need to hide their identity from a girl are those who are insecure. Look, if she wants to talk to you, she's going to talk. If she doesn't, she won't. No amount of slinking around trying to sneak a date out of her is going to work.

I get the feeling that what you might need to work on isn't your phone skills, but instead your confidence. If you were really confident, would you have to block your number so she doesn't know you're the one who calls? 75% of the types of calls you do on that list have your number blocked!

Here's my advice to you, and I'm sure you've read threads where other people have had it told to them... however this one is to you, here and now. Go read the DJ Bible. Think of how it could be applied to your life. Begin applying it. See how things change.
Somewhere...(either on sosuave.com or the bible) told me to block my calls to be mysterious, I took this too far.

xiola

Don Juan
Reaction score
lmao. i never block my calls. either she wants to talk to you, or she doesnt.

thats all that needs to be said here

b

DrSoSuave

Don Juan
Reaction score
Why are you acting passive when making phone calls on the cell and hiding your number to increase the chance of her picking up?

Male = Aggressive.
Female = Passive.

Get it?

diablo

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by theSpeculator
When you get her answer machine, should you leave your number with your message or can you assume she can find out your number by checking the missed phone called folder?

I leave my number as an added guarantee that she'll get it. If she calls back, fine. If not, fine.
Originally posted by perfectman
Somewhere...(either on sosuave.com or the bible) told me to block my calls to be mysterious
Are you sure? I just searched every word on all 3 sites that would have what you mentioned, no luck finding anything even close to what you said. Link me to the article/post/thread (if it exists).

Here were my search queries:

This searches through every word of the DJB/DJ Boot Camp, Weapons of Mass Seduction located on jbspencer.com:
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=block+number+site:jbspencer.com

This searches through every word on SoSuave.com (where most articles are):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=block+number+site:sosuave.com

This searches through every word on SoSuave.net (where the threads and posts are):
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&lr=&safe=off&q=block+number+site:sosuave.net

Oh yeah, I also tried a few variations of the words that could have been used (hide for block, blocked, blocking, etc)... no luck. I'm very curious to see which part of the DJB/website suggested that a DJ hide block his number when calling a girl.