"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

phone call protocol question

humiliator

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2004
Messages
53
Reaction score
0
Location
Seattle
I've read the stuff about calling girls in the DJ bootcamp, and most of it made sense. (Don't call the day after getting the number, call in the evening because she's less likely to be out somewhere, etc.)

Anyway, I just saw a missed call from a girl whom I KNOW is interested in me. A few days ago I had talked to her online and suggested that we get together this Friday. She said she might have to work, so I told her to let me know if she'll be free or not.

When should I call her back? I'm thinking I should call her on Wednesday evening. This would give ample time to wait for her to call me a second time, which would let me know she's REALLY into me, and give me a wear the pants more. If she doesn't call me a second time, I shouldn't wait further than Wednesday because if she doesn't have to work, she'll make other plans. Is my instinct correct?

Also, I'm thinking there isn't anything wrong with talking to her via IM ASAP because with an IM, it's like I just happened to see that she's online, wheras a phone call is me actively seeking her.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

likeaChArM

New Member
Joined
Nov 30, 2004
Messages
9
Reaction score
0
protocol screws ya, to each his own just make sure you dont call her and tell her you have nothing else to do or you just woke up...doesnt impress.
 

Climax

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 2, 2004
Messages
2,329
Reaction score
5
Call her whenever u want, just dont wait too long.

If she called u to start off with, then thats already a good sign, and a clear sign that she is interested, so at this point, there is no need for further "testing" (to see if she "really" is into you, cause i think u already know that;) )

Hope it goes well for ya...

Laterz...
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
The very fact that you're sitting there saying, "Should I call her NOW? SHould I call her THEN? Should I have called?? OMG OMG" is WEAK.

YOU are the one with what SHE needs. YOU call when YOU are ready. Just don't let it go so long that she forgets who you are.
 

"I'm Not Looking for Anything Serious Right Now"

When a woman says it, guys hear a confession. A heads-up. A scheduling conflict.

Here's the translation: I don't feel anything. Right now. With you.

Watch what happens when a man triggers actual attraction. The busy career, the recent breakup, the "not in a place to date" — all of it evaporates instantly. The same woman who was guarding her freedom is suddenly free every night.

The "22 Rules" explain why. When the right switches flip, her timeline rearranges itself around you.

Read more...

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
The best thing you can do is call when YOU want, and not when a website tells you to. I usually call the day after, or at most 2 days after. There have times where I've lost the number and didn't call for 5 or 6 days. I've found that it has no bearing on the result.
 

squirrels

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 15, 2003
Messages
6,620
Reaction score
186
Age
47
Location
A universe...where heartbreak and sadness have bee
Originally posted by humiliator
Ok, so I guess I'm at the point where using my own common sense doesn't make me appear desperate :).
The point is that there is NO "wrong time" to call.

It's being afraid of calling at the "wrong time" that forces the less-suave to blow up a girl's phone 15 minutes after meeting her. They get scared that "maybe they're not calling soon enough...OMG they might LOSE her."

Rememeber that SHE should worry about losing YOU, so you should call when YOU feel like talking to her and SHE should be the one worrying about when to call YOU.
 
Joined
Dec 1, 2004
Messages
110
Reaction score
0
Age
44
cant recall which interview with deangelo it was but one guy suggested rolling dice ... worth trying...
 

xblitz44x

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2002
Messages
1,606
Reaction score
13
Age
46
Originally posted by seize_the_pattern
cant recall which interview with deangelo it was but one guy suggested rolling dice ... worth trying...
Yeah but the point is, like Squirrels said, it's not whether it's the right or wrong time to call, it's the constant worry and concern of determining the right time to call that hurts them. If somebody is so uncomfortable with when to call that he has to roll dice, then the number it lands on is not going to help him.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top