Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Philadelphia Eagles running back LeSean McCoy left one of the worst tips

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I have no idea what happened in the restaurant. But I wouldn't put down waiters. I've always believed that any work is honorable, especially in this day and age when I see so many people using every loophole and social program they can find to get out of working.

I've never been a waiter but for me especially, being an introvert, I would find being in such a people oriented job to be very, very draining. So yeah, I think being a waiter would be a tough job.

samspade

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I admit, I've never been a waiter or worked in any tip-dependent job. I have worked in a factory a few times which was physically taxing. I'd rather do that than wait tables, mainly because I hate feigning niceness!

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
When someone keeps repeating the same argument over and over it is no more convincing just annoying. Right or wrong, in the US tips when dining in are not really an optional bonus and not given only on perfect service as servers are working for tips as most of their wage. And forgetting one appetizer is not some huge ass mistake that revokes all of the tip (wage) that you make it out to be. Restaurants could just automatically add the tip into the bill like some restaurants do and how I assume they do in other countries.

The tipping strawman argument is not even the main point of the story, the point is McCoy allegedly is an a-hole towards others. Someone in this thread from the area even posted McCoy was well known as an assh0le. The waiter's picture is posted in the very article I posted. You can't tell that is a white male?

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Seriously? We have fools trying to turn this into a race issue? Man some of you are just too obsessed with trying to bash black people. (and good on the mods for recently banning one of our resident race trolls)

A guy got service he deemed inadequate and thus didnt tip. It happens all the time and race is a non-issue in that regard.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
That's your opinion, people who work hard for their money refuse to tip for exceptional service when service isn't exceptional. And yes restaurants could raise their prices if they felt like but fewer people would be willing to pay already inflated prices. Which is why restaurant owners continue to exploit their workers while trying to pass on what should be their responsibility to their customers.

And what i find even more annoying is when posters here post race threads and argue an issue is about a black dude mistreating a white guy just because one person happens to be black and the other white, especially when so much of the story discusses the issue as involving bad service, rudeness, and making mistakes in taking an order.

As for McCoy being a jerk, he probably gives more to charity and offers more of his time for charitable causes than me or you or anybody else on this thread who talks sh*t about him.
It stems from people having expectations of others. The owner was probably already envisioning that McCoy was going to leave a substantial tip. Tipping is optional.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
especially when so much of the story discusses the issue as involving bad service, rudeness, and making mistakes in taking an order.
Not according to the restaurant owner and the waiter, it was just the opposite-a rude and abusive patron that got good service despite that, who then almost totally stiffed the server on the tip then later falsely claimed rude and poor service when the owner revealed what happened.

As for McCoy being a jerk, he probably gives more to charity and offers more of his time for charitable causes than me or you or anybody else on this thread who talks sh*t about him.
Maybe, but a lot of these charities are tax shelters and for publicity. But even so, if someone in fact is an a-hole to server staff and totally stiffs them on a tip obstensibly because they forgot one appetizer, then later erroneously accuses the staff of being rude, then he is a jerk and it's not "talking sh!t". We don't know if that is fact, but it seems likely and more plausible. You sure are on team McCoy.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Seriously? We have fools trying to turn this into a race issue? Man some of you are just too obsessed with trying to bash black people. (and good on the mods for recently banning one of our resident race trolls)
You don't need to be calling people fools or making strawman to attack. It may not be PC and you may not like it but the truth is many black people do try to stick it to white people who have been nothing but overly kind and accommodating to them and they're really sick of it. Maybe no one wants to talk about it even on here a non-PC site but it's the truth. I can understand if you're not like that, it would be annoying to be painted with the same brush. If the shoe fits wear it and if not don't. You do similar passive aggressive stuff with negging posters on here. I bet if the roles were reversed in this story you would switch sides.

A guy got service he deemed inadequate and thus didnt tip. It happens all the time and race is a non-issue in that regard.
That might be true only if we completely dismiss what the owner and waiter said.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^Save the race bait for someone else.

Tips are not mandatory and bad service deserves no tip.

rascal99v

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
Not according to the restaurant owner and the waiter, it was just the opposite-a rude and abusive patron that got good service despite that, who then almost totally stiffed the server on the tip then later falsely claimed rude and poor service when the owner revealed what happened.
Haven't you ever heard the term in the restaurant business that "the customer is always right"? :)

Again, tipping someone is done out of courtesy, not out of obligation. The tipper can decide whatever extra amount of monetary funds that he decides to relinquish to the tippee.

These servers expect to be paid more for a tip when a person has status. They will get mad and angry when they don't, just like this server did.

I'm sure this waiter didn't make a big deal about "Joe The Bartender" not giving him a large tip that he expected for his lousy service.

I've been in exclusive hotels and even the bellhops will get mad if they feel you didn't pay them enough. Everybody always wants more for the services they do.

These workers are already getting paid a wage, so they are not going without any money. Tips are extra and they should be happy to get anything at all when their service is subpar.

All this guy had to do was wait on a couple of more extra tables without making any mistakes, and he would recoup what he felt he lost in the tip from McCoy. But being the beta that he is, he had to run to the press and make himself the center of attention, while trying to shame a man of status when it was his own fault he didn't get a big tip just to grab a couple of seconds of fame. That's pathetic. :yes:

Tips are bonuses, that's all they are. You are not obligated to get them if you don't perfom to a level of excellence.

You like to compare sports to the restaurant industry, so let's compare.

A Professional Baseball Player will sign a contract which includes bonuses that will award him extra money for performing to a extra level of excellence. If a pitcher wins 20 games he will get an extra million. If a hitter hits a certain amount of home runs or an average, he will get his extra money at the end of the season. He still gets paid regardless even if he doesn't get those 20 wins or hits those 50 Home Runs.

Same as the waiter, his bonus is how well he performed during the time of your dining experience. If he fvcked up your order, was rude about his own fvck ups, gave you slow service, then he doesn't get his bonus just as the player who didn't perform well enough to get his certain stats.

This is only the waiter's and owner's own personal opinion of how good they thought the service was. Obviously McCoy felt it wasn't up to par with what he expected it to be.

That waiter that I left the $1 and 2 cent tip for didn't do sh1t. He felt he deserved a large gratuity in which he lied and said he gave great service. So, I know how these waiters are, they expect more for doing nothing.

Finally, people who always use the "straw man" claim are full of sh1t and have lost the argument trying to make themselves appear to look correct when they are wrong. It's an easy way to duck out of the discussion claiming a "win".

There's a famous poster in here who does that all time and has lost every argument to me. In fact, I believe he has claimed that with every person he argues with. :crackup:

Stagger Lee said:
the point is McCoy allegedly is an a-hole towards others. Someone in this thread from the area even posted McCoy was well known as an assh0le. The waiter's picture is posted in the very article I posted. You can't tell that is a white male?
"Allegedly" an assh0le. You don't even know the man and you're making that comment. You believe one person here who makes a statement about the man because that's what you want to hear. I know people who say otherwise and the dude is a chill guy. I'm an assh0le too, so what? Assh0les still don't have to leave large tips for sh1tty service, so according to the waiter, that makes one an assh0le for not leaving a tip.

Stagger Lee said:
I think it's really about a rich, entitled black athlete sticking it to a white guy fan.
Ah, so there we have it, after all this, it's a race thing for you again as always.

I'm getting tired of this biased race and politics stuff in the forum.

If Brent Celek didn't leave a tip, this wouldn't even be a story and you wouldn't even care to post this in the forum. Just because McCoy happens to be black, you paint him as an assh0le calling him "rich and entitled black guy" sticking it to the "white guy".

Who cares what color the waiter is, when his service sucks, he doesn't deserve to get a tip.

Would you say the same if the waiter was black or McCoy was white? NO.

The only assh0les I see here are the waiter and the owner, trying to shame this man in the press to get some publicity out of it.

Those are the true assh0les right there, trying to stick it to the guy with status by going to the press. :yes:

Jaylan said:
Seriously? We have fools trying to turn this into a race issue?
Yes Jaylan, there's a few guys who always do try to turn it into race issue if they aren't talking against the government or "liberals" all the time. They all have been proven to be wrong several times in the last week or two. :yes:

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

FairShake

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Shady is still a douchenugget but...

they are 100% right about PYT. Overpriced and crappy service. If I want overpriced burgers and crappy service I will personally go to Bobby's Burger Palace. At least they are good.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Or maybe another example of a wealthy black person not tipping the servers http://www.igotstiffed.com/41/its-just-true-black-people-dont-tip/ and this will make you laugh http://www.amren.com/news/2013/08/why-dont-black-people-tip/.

Like it or not, servers work on tips even when food and drink is comped. Everyone knows it's customary to generally tip 10-20%.
It's an honor system like if say a restaurant or a produce stand allowed you to pay on honor. It wouldn't be right to not pay in that case, and just because it's a server it's not right to not pay for their services. That's just being cheap and dirty.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I used to deliver pizza. The drivers knew the people who didn't tip, and they always got the slowest delivery possible. Either other tipping customers jumped in front, or if that was the only delivery, we'd go run personal errands for a while before making the delivery. Or I'd stop by my house on the way, hang out for a while, drink a beer or two, and then eventually make the delivery in about an hour. Everyone else got their food in twenty minutes.

Maybe in circumstances where you never see the same customers twice, it's not relevant, but if you ever go back again after stiffing a server, you're the one who's going to get stiffed with sh!tty service.

Jaylan

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Ironic that the people supporting handouts from singular citizens (tips), are the same people who whine about government handouts. Ill say it again; crap service deserves no tip and tipping crap service is basically a handout.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Jaylan said:
Ironic that the people supporting handouts from singular citizens (tips), are the same people who whine about government handouts. Ill say it again; crap service deserves no tip and tipping crap service is basically a handout.
Tipping isn't a hand out. It's an alternative way of charging for and being paid for services rendered. Not tipping is expecting a hand out. That "crap" services were renders is not an established fact. Even so-so service or employees should get paid something.

You can argue that all service providers should be paid by their employer by direct billing and I don't disagree, but it's not and that would not encourage good service. I agree tip amount expectations have gotten out of hand and employers especially are taking advantage of their customers and employees with it since it's debatable that the bill is being reduced by separating the servers pay through tips. None of that is an excuse for not paying a server for service rendered.

Stagger Lee

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
bradd80 said:
I agree, I think the public is starting to suffer from "tipping fatigue":

"For Jodi Costello, a night on the town is a flurry of mandatory monetary thank-yous: First, the cab driver gets a tip. Then the bartender during the wait for a table. Then the waitstaff when the check arrives.

On vacation, she tips the hotel housekeeping staff $3 to $5 a night — but only if the room is impeccable.

“When it’s just the basics, that’s the hotel’s job, I’m paying the hotel to stay there as it is. I don’t feel that I have to go above and beyond to make up somebody else’s wage when I’m there.”

It is what observers are calling tipping fatigue — when the act of giving a gratuity becomes more of a social expectation than incentive for performing better service."

http://news.nationalpost.com/2014/0...-ire-from-a-public-suffering-tipping-fatigue/

I agree. Often when I visit another city or head out, I have to tip the bartenders, servers, waiters, taxi drivers, delivery people, doormen, concierge. Plus now they got people in the bathrooms set up to turn on my tap just so one more person can demand a tip. Like wtf is all this? Can I not turn on my own damn tap without some idiot demanding change from me? And all this on top of homeless bums (most of whom seem perfectly healthy) demanding my money from me. Then there's the already inflated service/food prices we have to deal with, and you all know that prices for drinks at the clubs are way over-inflated as it is.

It's just another way to gouge the people, and employers are gypping their workers and pocketing the money they should be paying their staff. We have some kind of b*tchy entitled group demanding handouts and it's true, they do remind me a lot of welfare recipients.
I don't really disagree with that. Payment through tips has gotten too common and excessive. It's went from a sometimes used way to pay separately for service to encourage good service, to employers ripping off their workers and customers and excessive expectations for tip amounts. Whether tips are not we are being gouged everywhere.

The point is, if you avail yourself of tipped services, it's not right to just stiff the server.

Ronaldo7

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I never tip. It's not my problem if the waiters are getting sh1tty wages by their employers. Take it up with them. It does not concern me at all. Tipping is essentially an expected handout in today's society. If you are unhappy with not being tipped, i suggest you get a better job. In a particular scenario that happened not too long ago, a waitress actually had the audacity to question the 'no tip'. If she wants to remain a simple pawn, she will still be whining on not being tipped the next time it happens.

zekko

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Stagger Lee said:
Tipping isn't a hand out. It's an alternative way of charging for and being paid for services rendered. Not tipping is expecting a hand out.
Yeah, everybody knows that waiters make next to nothing and rely mainly on their tips for their income. Not tipping them is just being cheap. You can say that's a bad system and maybe it is, but if the owners were paying the wait staff more you'd be paying more for your food.

I do agree too many professions are expecting to be tipped now.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Have you ever had a woman be attracted to the "I don't tip" mentality? Because to me that seems like a seriously no-pvssy-getting attitude.

Bible_Belt

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Of course when you're on a date you want to come across as someone who gets along with people and follows normal convention (ie tipping)

So you tip when you're with a woman, even though you believe it's wrong?

Is that how you decide what to do, by whether a woman would approve of your actions?