Wk3 15 lbs 4 sets 6reps

Decline Abs

Wk1 35 lbs 5 sets 10 reps
Wk2 35lbs 5 sets 10 reps
Wk3 45lbs 5 sets 10 reps

Forearm Curls

Wk3 10lbs 10 sets 10 reps

Dips Triceps

Wk3 3 dips 3 sets (im usually tired at this point)

Here my lifting journal to help track any progress. If your wondering why my sets are going down its because I was overly enthusiastic to start. I tried that **** with my biceps and my arms were in the robot position for like 4 days straight.

I increased the weight in week 3 but surprisingly my chest wasn’t sore at all. How many days are your muscle supposed to be sore for?

Haven’t made and gains yet so I wondering if I’m training right.

Plz Critique

Last edited:

She makes you weak in the knees.

But she won't give you the time of day.

Here is how to get her.

California Love

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
54 sets a day, are you crazy? If you can actually manage that, you are severely overtraining. 12 sets max at this point. Also, you may wanna alter the body split slightly like so-

Day 1 - Chest, Front Delts, Tris

Day 2 - Legs, Calves

Day 3 - Back, Rear Delts, Ab, Bis

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Incline Dumbbell flyes

Wk1 60 lbs 7sets
Wk2 60 lbs 5 sets
Wk3 70 lbs 4 sets

You're doing incline fly's heavier almost twice as heavy as DB shoulder presses.... erm... yeah. I'd say learn that movement before you use it right. Or even better, just put more effort into your bench pressing.

I'd really sort out your disproportionate strength problem before anything else. If what you've put down there is right, you'll pick up an injury in no time.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Sazuki
Good luck!

Soreness isn't really a indicator of progress I noticed.

I was told many times from different people that your muscle rips causing soreness and growth of more muscle tissue. I’m not really sure either. Yah 5% it’s one of those climbing to the top of mount Everest type goals but imagine having a body like Bruce Lee. I can see it now :) "be like watah"

Originally posted by Nocturnal
Wait are you doing all that in one day?

Incline Dumbbell flyes
Wk1 60 lbs 7sets?

Dumbbell Military Press
Wk1 40 lbs 10 sets?
Yah that was my first day in the gym, I read Diesel’s guide wrong I though it was 10 sets for every movement. I’m in good shape so It didn’t mess me up until I tried that with my biceps.

Originally posted by California Love
Also, you may wanna alter the body split slightly like so-

Day 1 - Chest, Front Delts, Tris

Day 2 - Legs, Calves

Day 3 - Back, Rear Delts, Ab, Bis
Day1 -Chest, Shoulder, Triceps, Abs

Day2 -Back, Biceps

Day3 – Legs, forearms, Abs
Yah that’s pretty much what I do. What do you mean by alter the body split?

Originally posted by DJBen
I'd really sort out your disproportionate strength problem before anything else. If what you've put down there is right, you'll pick up an injury in no time.
disproportionate strength problem??? I thought it was perfectly normal to be able to bench a lot more then you can shoulder press. I do need to get better form on all my movements.

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
No. FLYS. Dumbell FLYS are a world apart from BENCH PRESSING.

That was your first time in the gym? So it was your first time doing dumbell flys? Let me put this into perspective for anyone who might be a bit uncertain as to weights you shift when you do dumbell flys.

Arnold used to stick to [I'm pretty sure this figure is right, it's been a while] 60KG flys. That was the heaviest he could go without his form starting to suck donkey nuts. The guy has one of the best chests in history.

So to be repping 31KG for FOUR SETS when it's your third time in the gym. Hell, even your first month. You're made of the kind of shizz that pro's are.

Soreness isnt always a sign of growth, and it isnt a sign showing that you are growing sometimes. It just means you had a heavy workout and your muscles have torn slightly. Two things can happen. IT repairs and no more. It repairs and grows a bit more muscle tissue. It's that simple.

NOTE: Most people find that doing a good fly workout really kills the chest and makes it stretch a lot, thus it's almost always fairly sore the following days.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
no, he was being polite. What he was saying, is that with your OTHER numbers, there's no way you have correct form of incline dumbbell flys at that weight.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ahh my eyes are open. I wasn’t doing flyes I was just doing incline Bench pressing. Yes bodybuilding.com says the flyes can cause injuries. I’ll try the flyes next time starting at 20 to 30lbs.

Are DB flyes good for building mass on your chest as well as stretching?

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the rest of my routine

DAY 2 (Back, Biceps,)

Stiff-Legged Barbell Deadlift
Wk1 85 lbs 5 sets
Wk2 85lbs 3 sets
Wk3 85lbs 3 sets 8 reps

Stiff-legged Dumbbell Deadlift
Wk1 80lbs 3 sets
Wk2 90lbs 3 sets
Wk3 90lbs 3 sets 8 reps

Seated Cable Rows
Wk1 120lbs 4 sets
Wk2 120lbs 4 sets
Wk3 130lbs 4 sets 6 reps

Dumbbell Alternate Bicep Curl
Wk1 25lbs 4 sets
Wk2 20lbs 3 sets
Wk3 20lbs 3 sets 6 reps

Alternate Hammer Curl
Wk1 15lbs 4 sets
Wk2 15lbs 3 sets
Wk3 20lbs 3 sets 6 reps

DAY 3(legs, forearms, abs)

Leg Press
Wk1 270lbs 4 sets
Wk2 270lbs 6 sets 6 reps

Seated thigh Machine
Wk2 120lbs 5 sets

Standing Calf Raises
Wk1 200lbs 6 sets
Wk2 220lbs 6 sets 8 reps

Forearms curls
Wk1 10lbs 10 sets
Wk2 10lbs 7 sets 10 reps

Inside thigh Machine
Wk2 120lbs 4 sets

Decline abs
35lbs 6 sets

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whoever says how many sets you HAVE to do are stupid.

You just need to intake good quality food and get more rest - The 'old skool' way [however many sets 'till you're screwed] produced some damn huge guys... I dont know why everyone discounts it so much.

Try to lower your sets a bit, and do slightly heavier weight. Experiment with more/less sets later, when you can get a feel for whats working for your body.

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I wonder, where have all the squats and deadlifts gone? And if I read your exercise plan right there is not a single thing that train the lats. If I were you I'd add in squats, deadlifts, pull-ups/pull-downs and some tried and true skull crushers. If you add some biceps curls with barbell then I bet you'll grow quicker too.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats wrong with 4 sets per excerise? In Desiesl guide it’s around 10 sets for major muscle groups like the chest. So I do 4 sets for 3 different exercises. I’m pretty comfortable with 4 sets right now but if there is proof the more sets will hurt my gains then I’ll chop the sets down. Yah I don’t now if I’ll every get a feel for what’s working for my body. I’ve gained around 3 or 4 pounds since I started but I can’t see any difference and don’t know if it’s muscle or fat.

Here’s my diet

7am
Oats(1 cup),Milk (250ml),1Egg,1 Egg(white),banana

11am
1/2 Tuna(unico),½ canned Beans, Milk (250ml),2 Hash Browns,2 scoops weight gainer,3 tblsp Veg Oil, apple

2pm
Milk (250ml),1/2 Tuna(unico),½ canned Beans,2 Hash Browns

5pm-6pm
Milk (250ml),Fries(5.6oz),Cott.Cheese(Apx3sp),2 pogos, apple

8am-9pm
Milk (250ml),3 tblsp Veg Oil,2 scoops weight gainer , Ground beef, rice,Cott.Cheese

This is my diet on a typical day, I know I need to replace the vegetable oil with flax seed I’ll do that tomorrow. My bread and butter is mixing tuna with chili style kidney beans. After the 34th it just doesn’t seem to get old. Need to replace the fries and pogos with something more healthy and just as convenient. I love how my appetite is on over drive, I feel like I’m starving 2 hours after I eat. I’m thinking of adding another meal before bed. What’s good and in budget?

Lifeforce

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Peter Parker
Whats wrong with 4 sets per excerise? In Desiesl guide it’s around 10 sets for major muscle groups like the chest. So I do 4 sets for 3 different exercises. I’m pretty comfortable with 4 sets right now but if there is proof the more sets will hurt my gains then I’ll chop the sets down. Yah I don’t now if I’ll every get a feel for what’s working for my body. I’ve gained around 3 or 4 pounds since I started but I can’t see any difference and don’t know if it’s muscle or fat.
I started out with four sets per exercise too, you'll find a way that fit you be it 2,3,4 or 5 sets. Listen to your body instead of people telling you how many sets you should do. It is good that you follow Diesels guide, do 3 exercises of 4 sets if it fit you.

Nocturnal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Whats wrong with 4 sets per excerise? In Desiesl guide it’s around 10 sets for major muscle groups like the chest.
PER WEEK. Not per day. That's working out 3-4 times a week so divide by 3 or 4 workout days a week and you get between 2 and 3 sets each workout day for each excercise.

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here is the latest with my routine. My weight is hovering between 160lbs and 162lbs I’ve kind of hit a plateau in the last two weeks. I thought I would be at least 165lbs right now.

All 3 sets max 6 reps

Day 1
Back, Triceps, Traps

DB Deadlifts (70lbs each)
Deadlift (150lbs) weight is really heavy I struggle
Triceps DB Extension (26lbs each)
Triceps Pulldowns 5 sets 60lbs
DB shrugs(25lbs each)
DB rows(40lbs each) I think I have bad form doesn’t feel right

Stand Calf raises 260lbs 6 sets

Day 2
Chest, Biceps

DB Press (60lbs each) struggling to get pass this
Decline DB Press (50lbs each)
Incline DB Press (50lbs each)
Hammer Curl (30lbs each) have been struggling forever with this, ever time I try 35lbs I just cant do it.

Barbell EZ curl(20lbs) just started this light weight but feels heavy

Forarms curls

Day 3
Legs, Shoulders

Squat (180lbs) feel like im about to pass out. I warm up to it but I’ve been at this weight for a while. Maybe I should go down in weight a bit and try for perfect form?

Leg press (8 x 45lbs +25lbs + 10lbs) no problems there
Leg extension (170lbs)

Arnold DB Press ( 35lbs each)
Military DB Press (35lbs each)
Can hit 40lbs with both

Calf Raises 260lbs 6 sets

I blast my Abs on the days that I have off. All in all the bulking is going pretty well after a work out I look like a monster and I feel like one too :cool:

Jippii

Don Juan
Reaction score
Squat (180lbs) feel like im about to pass out. I warm up to it but I’ve been at this weight for a while. Maybe I should go down in weight a bit and try for perfect form?
Remember to breathe if you get that feeling often when doing exercises

DJBen

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... you just don't listen do you.

6 sets a day for one exercise will kill any gains you hope to have in this lifetime.
My delts calfs and forearms only respond to insanely high volume work [4 weeks] followed by low volume H.I.T methods [8X4]

Everything else should be between 8X3 and 3X8 though, as a general rule. Personally I like 5X5's for big compound movements. Probably because the idea is that you never reach the last rep in the fifth set :)

Peter Parker

Don Juan
Reaction score
Wow... you just don't listen do you.

6 sets a day for one exercise will kill any gains you hope to have in this lifetime.
WTF are u talking about. I am doing 3 sets for each exercise for my major compound movements. Are you saying I shouldn’t do more then 6 sets for a big muscle group like the chest. Explain in layman terms I am still pretty new to BB.

Now im just getting frustrated, I’ve been around 160lbs for way too long.

Today

Back, Triceps, Traps

Did a short deadlift warm up then

Deadlifts
6 x 150lbs/70kg
5 x 170lbs/77kg
4 x 170lbs/

DB Deadlifts
5 x 70lbs/30kg
5 x 70lbs/
5 x 70lbs/

Triceps DB Extensions