Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Persuing a friends ex

Ice_Berg_1

Don Juan
Reaction score
Here's the deal. A few years back a friend of mine dated this HB9 for a couple of months she was 18 at the time he was my age, like 22 or 23 at the time she is a 10 now due to some more maturing. Anyway whike they were dating I became pretty good friends with this chick she would come to me when her and my boy had problems, and that sourt of stuff but all in all she is a really cool chick. She also happened to be a hostess at a restaurant that hires only the finest women so I was able to have the pleasure of being introduced to alot of fine women thanks to my friends girl. She knew how I was at this point so I didn't feel there was the need to pretend to be anyone else other than the player I around her. She didn't seem to mind either, she would try to hook me up with alot of her friends.
Anyway my friend decided to take a job over seas and that ended the relationship. This girl went on to date a knew guy but apparently it was strictly for financial gain and this guy could not please her if his life depended on it, so now she is single again and I'm starting to bump into her at random every couple of weeks, and we just end up having brief conversation and I end up searching for a lead to go in for some type close, be it her number or arranging a get together.
Anyone with advice please let me know what you think.
And don't tell me not to persue her or to forget about her because I would be happy LJBF this girl myself based on the HB"s she know and works with but at the same time I wouldn't mind setting something off between the two of us.

Dukester

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i may be old school, but i thought in the book of unwritten rules, one of the tops was "do not date a friends ex"

this is true for several reasons:
1. she will constantly compare you to him
2. you have only one thing in common (basically)- your friend
3. it's disrespectful to your friend, even if he's an AFC

plus if you're friends w/ this chick, and she came to you w/ her b/f probs, then it'll be def. hard to get outta that.

you're working against the "friend zone" issue, and the "best friend" issue.

if you can do it, major kudos to ya, but the success rate is extremely low.

plus, if you were your friend, wouldnt you wanna kick your ass for dating your ex??

you just dont do it!

if n e one agrees w/ me, or thinks i'm a flamer, lemme know

dereklearnslow

Don Juan
Reaction score
See you guys say these are unwritten rules, but I've had 2 (count 'em, 2!) so called 'friends' go after my ex. She is currently dating one of them. I guess the rules don't apply around here, or maybe I just need new friends...

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You're asking if you should or shouldn't go for a HB10 because of a guy who is in another country???

Sure, he is your mate and all... but he did chose a job IN ANOTHER COUNTRY over her. Doesn't really sound like he was all that dedicated to her... If you and this girl click, then do it. If he has jealousy issues, then he shouldn't have gone 000's of km's away.

I have had a friend of mine date one of my exes... my view was that he was welcome to her, I didn't want her anymore. Her love life was no longer any of my business.

SMOOCHY

Don Juan
Reaction score
IF YOU REALLY WANT TO NAIL HER, THEN YOU'LL FIND A WAY TO DO SO, IF SHE'S HOT OR ATLEAST DO-ABLE THEN HIT THAT AND SO WHAT IF IT'S YOUR FRIEND'S EX, HE'LL UNDERSTAND AND IF HE GETS PISSED THEN HE WASN'T A VERY GOOD FRIEND TO BEGIN WITH.

Lost In Translation

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
i have a personal rule i don't date my REAL FRIEND'S ex's

i am talking about your true friends.

they are very hard to find these days.

damned if i am going to lose the few decent friends on this planet over a b*tch when b*tches grow on trees.

b*tches always use the friendship as leverage for personal gain.

they divide and conquer.

don't let any b*tch ever come between you and your friends.

one of my friends starting getting too close to my gf.

i told him bro i know what you are doing i am telling you in 2 years time all the b*tches we know , all the b*tches who hang around us will be gone and new ones will be here. don't lose my friendship over this. she is playing you , cause i hang out with you guys she is trying to make me hate you. not going to work. but don't you fu** up and allow her to pull you down.

it's a test. you fail, how am i ever going to trust you around my wife when we both old and got family's ?

he kept going on with it despite me giving him the hard word. so i cut him off. nothing happened with her as that was her original goal for me not to have friends. she was just using him to pick a fight , WHICH I TOLD HIM :D

1 year later i saw him in town he came up to me. HE SOUGHT ME OUT. begged for my forgivness. he told me how many idiots he had met up with and how he missed hanging out with a real friend he could trust. he is a few years younger than me and had a lesson to learn.

GOOD FRIENDS DON'T GROW ON TREES

B*TCHES DO !!!

keep your priorities straight :D

Lost In Translation

**AUSTRALIAN STREET PIMP**

Quote: Don Juanabbe
What are you Vanilla-bloody-Ice?

Quote: Player_Supreme
“ But if a ho wants to just be friends then don't waste your time. And I'm a debase character so your hooking up with her friend in front of her was sweet to my ears. “

Quote: PuertoRican_Lover
“First off - she is just another hor who has opened her legs to another man - you are no one special - and there are no "Greatest" to hors - you are just the next pimp in line!!! “

Quote: squirrels
“ You NEVER pay as a supplicative or bargaining measure, though. The reward that she gets for her affection is YOUR affection. The reward she gets for her sex is YOUR sex. The second you start buying her stuff to keep her around, keep her entertained in your presence, etc...you're compensating for not having what it takes to seduce the woman, and that's totally unacceptable. “

felony

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
YO, move on from the whole dating peoples ex's. its ok. if people never dated ex's then the world would be stuffed.

Besides, soon as let a girl go, i'm cool with all the others trying to snatch her up. hell its a good thing.

Cheers,
f.

cmr662

Don Juan
Reaction score
i dont know why most of you guys say go ahead. i would never dream of dating one of my friends ex's. arent their millions of other girls out there than ones that your friends could still have feelings for. and to be honest, even if you ask if its okay, 9 times out of 10 they will say yes, even if they dont feel okay about it. friends last alot longer than chicks do man. think about your friend first. to be honest, i would question my friendship with a friend if they even thought about dating one of my ex's.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by cmr662
to be honest, i would question my friendship with a friend if they even thought about dating one of my ex's.
Why??? What is so hard about seeing your friend and your ex (who you obviously cared about at one stage) being happy? She's your EX. You don't own either of them. There probably are lots of other women out there, but why should you pass up a good thing just because one of your friends has been there first?

Have you heard of the expression "Dog in a manger?", it means that you can't have something yourself but you don't want anyone else to have it either. Seems like a fairly selfish attitude to me.

What could be better than having your ex move onto one of your friends? Hopefully they are a good match, will be happy together and life will be good. Also because she is with your friend, you don't have an opportunity to try to get back with her, making you get over her quicker and go out and trade up to a better model.

Can someone here give me a good reason why it is impossible to be friends with a guy who is now seeing your ex... apart from saying "it would feel weird/awkward" or "it's an unwritten rule" because I think that attitude is a load of bollocks.

Crank_It_Up

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
as I see it, he's not asking for permission to ask her out, he's asking advice on how to do it.

cmr662

Don Juan
Reaction score
cremasta, if i still have feelings for an ex, i dont care who it is, im not going to be happy about her being with another guy. period. and if a friend wants to date my ex even though i still have feelings for her than he isnt worth a damn. my thinking might be different though, because im in a fraternity and we pride ourselves on friendship. friendship means a hell of a lot more to us than girls do. there are a million other girls out there, not a million other guys out there that you can consider your good friend. do what you want with the ex dude, but if the guy still has feelings for her and wants your head, i got his back.

Cremasta

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
cmr, you make some good points here.

Of course you are going to have feelings for an ex. Whether those feelings are of lust, longing, ambivalence or outright hatred will depend on the breakup and why it happened. I'm not questioning the feelings, I'm questioning how those lingering feelings over a girl you are no longer involved with should affect our behaviour. How is it we can give women that much power over us by simply not being there anymore???

There are absolutely a million other girls out there! and after your gf has become your ex, you/we/I/every guy on this board should be thinking about those million other girls... not 'the one that we let get away'. I thought that was one of the main points of this whole forum... to learn how to get over a girl that somehow burned us in the past and to move on to a better one. I know that was why I came here and thanks to a lot of good advice I now have a much better girl than my ex. In fact whenever I see the ex I give her sh!t about not having found another guy yet and if she wants I can help her find one. (We broke up about 2 years ago)

I think that is something that a lot of people need to learn how to do... move on! Once you do that, life becomes so much simpler and happier. Call it karma, life experience, or simply say that sh!t happens, but move on.

Do you see the insanity in letting a girl who is no longer even smooching you, have the power to make you pick a fight with a guy you are friends with? "Bro's before ho's" is a good saying... my argument is that the two are not mutually exclusive.

Ken785

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
so first you played "captain save a hoe", then you go on and try to get with her?? guess what?...not gonna happen. now to her your just a "nice guy".

oh yeah... if you dont know what a "captain save a hoe" is, i suggest you download the song by E-40 - Captain Save a Hoe.