Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Personals, Online or Elsewhere, Just Not the Same....

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole "online dating" thing, in my opinion, is generally pretty weak. You just can NOT get the same "connection" with someone, again this is just my opinion, as you can when you do it the so-called "old-fashioned" way; see a female you like, "grab your balls", as a wise man once said ;) , and just go say hi to her and see what's up with her and what she's about person-to-person. This BS with the pics and the profiles, no matter how you try to word them to make yourself sound too cool for school, it just does not have the same satisfactory result(s). I can say that from my own personal experience at least. I understand that it may not be everyone's experience, maybe some guys swear by the personal ads, but to me , I've gone on tons of dates (or "meet-ups") through online personal ads and I've gotten laid a few times through those connections but I've yet to meet anyone through those things with whom I was able to really feel great "chemistry", the kind you get when you meet the "old-fashioned" way. Sure, there are exceptions to the rule. A former friend of mine met the girl who is today his wife and now the mother of his child on match dot com ( I don't know about you, but if that's how I'd met my wife I think I'd want to agree with her on making up some kind of other story on how we met). In general though, if you frequent sites like that one, or the yahoo personals, or wherever else lonely AFC's and AFC'ettes go to congregate, post their pics, and wait around endlessly for their "soul mate" to discover them, you'll see the same faces almost invariably, time and time again. So we must be able to conclude, from that fact alone, that those sites really aren't "matching" a whole hell of a lot of people. And if you even think about it from a business perspective, it's in the sites' best interests, so to speak, to NOT successfully "match" every love-starved soul who goes on there; if they did that, they'd be OUT of business eventually, right?? That's why you have situations on sites like that where emails are not ever "successfully delivered" or are mysteriously deleted before the other party gets to read them, etc etc. It's all BS basically. Trust me, try it the old-fashioned way. Maybe it's just that I'm freshly back "in the game" myself, so I'm approaching with a convert's zeal. But even when you get shot down, overall the old-fashioned real world approach is still much more rewarding. ~D :cool:

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
So how long were you online before you came to this revelation?

blueangel83

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
NOT true at all, most of the guys who talk to me in real life aren't my type (that's why I have a ton of guy friends :crackup: )

I rely on online dating, 95% of the men I meet from online are hot so there should be no reason for me to stop. :cool:

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I rely on online dating, 95% of the men I meet from online are hot so there should be no reason for me to stop.

>>> Then don't stop. Incidentally, is this Meg?? The girl who gave me the really bad advice about apologizing to the girl I bought the rose for that time a couple weeks ago?? :D FYI, She did end up calling. The fricking thing must have worked. We went out last Sunday, had a really nice time. So, so far so good with that one. Although roses , in any way shape or form, is still not a tactic I would recommend to anyone. The fact that she called must have been due solely to my animal magnetism. ;) Meg, do you have a profile online right now?? Why don't you tell me how to find it so that I can critique it. I'll have you dating more through whatever system you're using in no time flat. ~Dino

DinoCassanova

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score

>>> Suffice to say TOO long.

Francisco d'Anconia

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DinoCassanova

>>> Suffice to say TOO long.
Uh-huh, thought so... To each his own; sarge on!