Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Persistence vs. Indifference

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Some say girls like a man who is persistent and won't give up easy. Others say indifference is a man's best friend. I'm so confused. If you were truly indifferent than you probably wouldn't be persistent and would just move on to the next one. Am I missing something? How can you be both persistent and indifferent at the same time?

I've experienced a few real life examples where the persistent guy gets the girl over the higher value dude just because he is more persistent. Seriously, I've seen girls go home with guys that follow them around at parties. The girl may still be more attracted to the higher value guy but settles for the persistent guy.

This has a lot of implications. Is persistence beta behavior or is it just a man going for what he wants? Does indifference work or is it just self-sabotaging?

st_99

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
If there is such a thing as indifferent persistence, that's probably the key.

In other words, you pursue with no care or concern about the outcome.

It seems conflicting but maybe not.

terran2k

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
you just can't be one thing all the time, you have to mix it up.

Masculinity

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
This is one big paradox; it will make you go crazy. Don't try to solve it logically and just watch the responses you get from women and see what works for you. We can't tell you what to do every step of the way, but what we can tell you is that both sides (persistent & indifferent) play very significant parts of a guy's game.

davewe

Don Juan
Reaction score
We all know that persistence in life works - at least it works some of the time. It's been quoted a million times, but Edison made 2000 attempts to create a working light bulb. His persistence was rewarded.

The more difficult to define term is indiference. IMO, you should not be indifferent when approaching a woman - you are attracted to her - how can that be indifference. You should be indifferent to the outcome, more specifically, you should be indiferent to whether you get rejected or not.

Edison suceeded because after hundreds of attempts he was no doubt indifferent to the result of each individual attempt. IOW, he knew he would continue till he succeeded.

You will become indifferent in your approaches as you view each "rejection" as putting you one step closer toward your goal.

Voice said:
Some say girls like a man who is persistent and won't give up easy. Others say indifference is a man's best friend. I'm so confused. If you were truly indifferent than you probably wouldn't be persistent and would just move on to the next one. Am I missing something? How can you be both persistent and indifferent at the same time?

I've experienced a few real life examples where the persistent guy gets the girl over the higher value dude just because he is more persistent. Seriously, I've seen girls go home with guys that follow them around at parties. The girl may still be more attracted to the higher value guy but settles for the persistent guy.

This has a lot of implications. Is persistence beta behavior or is it just a man going for what he wants? Does indifference work or is it just self-sabotaging?

Voice

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading the thread about he guy who was rejected 10 times before he got to date the girl.

I'm wondering if this is truly a success. This guy showed persistence, and finally got the girl, but was it worth it? Does the girl even value him at all or is she just keeping him around for the time?

HolyG

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I would personally rather flirt w/ 10 different girls than flirt with one girl 10 times.

Its a matter of personal preference. That dude who finally got his chick - don't you think that the girl knows she wears the pants in the relationship?

Would you rather "court" a chick forever so that she MAYBE says yes, or views you as a creepy stalker possibly (play the game from level 1 and work up to level 10) or work on yourself and become a man of value so that same girl is one of 10 fighting for you (cheat code gets to you level 50 immediately)?

Up to you.

Jariel

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
st_99 said:
If there is such a thing as indifferent persistence, that's probably the key.

In other words, you pursue with no care or concern about the outcome.

It seems conflicting but maybe not.

I agree with this. Girls aren't emotionally consistent, so one minute they might be into you, then another they might have other things on their mind.

When she's interested, turn up the heat. When she's acting distant, you play cool and give her space. It's all about timing.

JustLurk

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
HolyG said:
Would you rather "court" a chick forever so that she MAYBE says yes, or views you as a creepy stalker possibly (play the game from level 1 and work up to level 10) or work on yourself and become a man of value so that same girl is one of 10 fighting for you (cheat code gets to you level 50 immediately)?

Up to you.
I don't like your cheat code metaphor there. Cheat codes are cheap, but actually improving yourself and becoming valuable is in no way a cheat and is not a cheap thing to do.

I also don't like comparing pick-up to inventing.. Lol. I will say, though, that casanova said he can crack all women, given enough time. If it's worth it, go ahead. But I believe you should never compromise.