"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Perpetual motion

CableLight

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 6, 2001
Messages
2,408
Reaction score
0
Age
42
Location
Exactly where I want to be.
I've somewhat pushed this idea before, but usually I go off on a tear and get a little long winded. So:

It's about change

Everyone knows what a can of soda looks like. It's roundish, made of aluminum, and contains something to drink. How it got there is another story. What started off as some seemingly random material was shaped, molded, and transformed into something useful.

Will it always be a can of soda? No - probably not. Chances are, when you're done with it you'll throw it away. You really should recycle it, but I wont start acting like your mom. When the can gets recycled, it's broken down and used for something else again (maybe another can, who knows).

The point?

The can of soda, for instance, it started off as a piece of metal and someone made it into a can. It's still metal, mind you, but its more useful than it was when it was just a chunk or sheet of raw alimunum. After it's recycled, it might get turned into a bike or something. It's still metal, but it's different than it was before.

The point is, something is the way it is until it's changed. Then it's something else. It stays in that form till someone changes it again, and so on ad nauseam.

In practical terms, dont let your current situation, good or bad, force you to think thats how it always is going to be. Everything can and does change. You age, grow taller/shorter, learn, etc. Nothing is constant! Even when you die your body changes through decomposition and such. Who knows what happens after that.

Regardless - You are what you are till you change it. Then you're something different, but only until you change it again. You're always going to be "yourself" no matter what clothes you wear or car you drive, but whatever "yourself" is, is up to you to shape.
 

“The 22 Psychological Triggers That Make Women Chase You… Starting Tonight”

Forget the cash, the cars, and the chiseled jawlines. Female desire operates on a completely different frequency. Primal. Subconscious. Triggers that bypass her logic and hit her on a gut level. Most guys are totally blind to them.

I know because I was one of them. The overthinking. The paralysis. The silent drive home kicking yourself for freezing up. Watching average guys walk away with the girl while you stood there stuck in your own head.

Then I decoded the psychology behind what actually makes women tick. 22 hard rules.  Subtle behavioral shifts that rewired my entire reality. The anxiety evaporated. Women started leaning in. Investing. Chasing.

Read more...

Top