"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

People Watching and Studying Dynamics

fm2

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
57
Location
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
I was in a pub the other night with my GF and I noticed some guy kneeling on the floor so he could talk to some chick who was sitting in a chair. I didn't really pay it much thought until about 15 min later I saw he was still kneeling beside her. That's when I told the GF "See that guy kneeling over there so he can talk to that chick? That's the portrait of a guy who's going home alone."

There was an empty chair across the table from her, and finally the dips**t sits in it. I had already told the GF that he's blown it by hanging with her, and hanging off of her, for so long. And that if he hasn't bought her a drink yet, he's planning on it. Very soon after, the chick gets up to stand and talk to her group of friends who were standing near the table. Soon after that she does lean over and pulls him up to stand with the group, and I wondered aloud what that was about. Not too long after that, though, the GF informs me that all the girls in the group have taken off. For the rest of the time we were in the pub that guy stood with the other guys and the girls didn't come back.

So there ya go.... If you aren't up to approaching chicks yet, or you don't feel like it for whatever reasons at that time, I find it very valuable to watch people interact. See if you can predict the situation and the outcomes. At least then you'll know the dynamics of a situation and what to expect when you get into one. And hey, it entertains the friends!!

L8R,
FM2
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

Big Pappy

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 30, 2003
Messages
699
Reaction score
1
Even an instant of kneeling, unless you're popping a ring out, seems foolish to me in a pub venue. You guys ever seen the floors in the light of day? Filthy!
 

fm2

Don Juan
Joined
Nov 26, 2003
Messages
30
Reaction score
0
Age
57
Location
Hamilton, Ontario, Canada
Ya, really. Maybe we should've mentioned something to him. "Dude, not only are you not getting anywhere with this chick, but looking at your knees people are going to think you aren't even into chicks." :eek:
 

Ricky

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 9, 2002
Messages
4,137
Reaction score
895
Age
52
The only time I got on my knees near a girl I just met was when I was petting this girls dog.
 
Top