"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

People Seem Friendlier

bonesmahoney

Banned
Joined
Oct 5, 2020
Messages
100
Reaction score
108
.....these past couple of weeks. It could just be a weird blip or outlier or maybe it's part of a longer term trend.

Maybe it's due to the new "president" in office? I have no proof of that, much less proof that people are more relaxed and friendly in general post election.

Sadly, I'm seeing almost zero hotties out. The clubs are all closed and the bars are all following idiotic fake guidelines. I did see ONE random hot female jogger making eye contact and smiling, but that was it.

Overall, I've never seen people so nervous, scared and tense. Maybe things are turning around slightly now.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Travel memoir21

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 20, 2020
Messages
1,993
Reaction score
1,132
Age
40
Location
Rio Grande Valley, Texas
.....these past couple of weeks. It could just be a weird blip or outlier or maybe it's part of a longer term trend.

Maybe it's due to the new "president" in office? I have no proof of that, much less proof that people are more relaxed and friendly in general post election.

Sadly, I'm seeing almost zero hotties out. The clubs are all closed and the bars are all following idiotic fake guidelines. I did see ONE random hot female jogger making eye contact and smiling, but that was it.

Overall, I've never seen people so nervous, scared and tense. Maybe things are turning around slightly now.

I'm gonna be doing some traveling for the next few weeks. One to go in a long road trip from Texas to Milwaukee, then after that take a vacation to The Philippines. I hope things have settled down with this Corona stuff in the Midwest and overseas. The last few days have been an apocalyptical mix bag, we had a power outage in our area here in Texas which made the groceries have to dump a lot of their food, which caused a panic and a food shortage......Then you had people taking all the gas and water.....man it was like the end times was near.

Top it off with Covid19 and people were living a miserable existence here for a few days. The sun just came back up in my area two days ago and things got better, but I feel sorry for the cities like Houston, Dallas and San Antonio, Austin, etc...those are the ones really affected by this.

Man, I'm just gonna fly the heck out like Ted Cruz and chill at the beaches of The Philippines for a few months. lol
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
.....these past couple of weeks. It could just be a weird blip or outlier or maybe it's part of a longer term trend.

Maybe it's due to the new "president" in office? I have no proof of that, much less proof that people are more relaxed and friendly in general post election.

Sadly, I'm seeing almost zero hotties out. The clubs are all closed and the bars are all following idiotic fake guidelines. I did see ONE random hot female jogger making eye contact and smiling, but that was it.

Overall, I've never seen people so nervous, scared and tense. Maybe things are turning around slightly now.
True. Presidencies affect the general "mood" and atititude of the country. That's what I've noticed. The Clinton Years vs the Bush years vs the Obama years, vs the Trump years.... All different overall attitudes of the country.
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
.....these past couple of weeks. It could just be a weird blip or outlier or maybe it's part of a longer term trend.
Weird blip outlier that I haven't noticed.

Maybe it's due to the new "president" in office? I have no proof of that, much less proof that people are more relaxed and friendly in general post election.

Sadly, I'm seeing almost zero hotties out. The clubs are all closed and the bars are all following idiotic fake guidelines. I did see ONE random hot female jogger making eye contact and smiling, but that was it.

Overall, I've never seen people so nervous, scared and tense. Maybe things are turning around slightly now.
Women in general are happier about the new presidential administration than men. Unattached, unmarried women and attached, unmarried women are generally more aligned with the ideology of the new adminstration. Women are more emotional than men so a slight uptick in their emotions is plausible for a short period of time.

The mating environment for forming new relationships is going to be a mess until bars can get going at full force and there are no masks in gyms and grocery stores. I don't think that happens in this calendar year.
 

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 10, 2020
Messages
4,210
Reaction score
4,701
Age
46
.....these past couple of weeks. It could just be a weird blip or outlier or maybe it's part of a longer term trend.

Maybe it's due to the new "president" in office? I have no proof of that, much less proof that people are more relaxed and friendly in general post election.

Sadly, I'm seeing almost zero hotties out. The clubs are all closed and the bars are all following idiotic fake guidelines. I did see ONE random hot female jogger making eye contact and smiling, but that was it.

Overall, I've never seen people so nervous, scared and tense. Maybe things are turning around slightly now.
The mood is calmer with Trump gone. Politicians (on both sides) love to get people riled up and angry. They know the right words to say to get your attention and if you let this stuff affect you, it definitely has an effect on your mood. In general I think it's best to avoid getting too wrapped up in it.
 

"She Made Her Decision Before You Finished Your Sentence"

Three seconds. That's how long it took. Your shoes. Your posture. The way you held your drink. Whether you looked at the floor or looked at her.

She already filed you away. Interesting. Boring. Safe. Bold. Before you even opened your mouth.

Everything you say after that is just her confirming what she already decided.

So stop rehearsing lines. Fix the first three seconds. Stand tall. Look up. Smile like you mean it. Walk like you belong wherever you're standing.

The words come later. The impression comes first.

Read more...

EyeBRollin

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 18, 2015
Messages
10,537
Reaction score
8,538
Age
37
There is no need to put President in quotes. Yes, there is a new President and there has been a 180 on the trajectory of the covid-19 pandemic. That’s the biggest thing. People can smile more when they aren’t as afraid of dying.
 

coyote_astro

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Feb 1, 2020
Messages
224
Reaction score
135
Age
35
Yes, I have also been noticing signs of optimism slowly and steady increasing where I live (blue state, with many people cautious about COVID etc). Cases are plummeting, and the accelerated pace of vaccinations will also start to have an effect soon.
More people are out and about, in restaurants, in the gym etc

Between warmer weather, increased immunity and vaccinations, even the most pessimistic fear mongering 'experts' are starting to admit that by summer things will be pretty normal in the US. There's also the political component, sure, but I don't really care about that. Others do though.

I can't wait, it's gonna be so much fun!
 

Gstring

Banned
Joined
Dec 27, 2020
Messages
166
Reaction score
105
Age
38
One to go in a long road trip from Texas to Milwaukee, then after that take a vacation to The Philippines.
Get vaccinated. I heard pfizer isn’t effective against new strains. Good place to travel now is Moscow, St. Petesburg. Vaccination travel the new trend. Sputnik V and epivac carona are effective against new strains. Vaccination is freely available to anyone willing, citizen or foreign, no appointments just come and get it. Don’t take it likely, get the shot... You can even mix and match vaccines. So my recomendation is to change your route, apply for Russian visa and visit. Now is a good time, best time.. Good news, zero restrictions and life as normal, the way it used to be pre carona. Do it.
 

HaleyBaron

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jan 25, 2021
Messages
2,739
Reaction score
2,320
I don't see it. People are still superficial and spiteful as ever. Just last week they shat over Texas and Ted Cruz over a winter storm that had more to do with the federal government than any of us. Then they went and bashed us down here despite not knowing that our energy grid is still under the reins of the government (it's a lie that Texas is deregulated, it's not). Not to mention the sheer uncaring attitude about the people who died as if we were receiving punishment for whatever they saw as sin. Whoever these happy people are, I'd be skeptical of their fake smiles.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Top