Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pec question

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
hey guys,

I dont really work out that much and when I do, I mainly focus on my pecs (chest)...

they have gotten bigger but the problem is my posture, my shoulders and arms are now slouching forward...

does anyone know any exercises to bring them back and fix the my posture?

Cheers ;)

drsquat

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, I am goin take a stab at this one and i hope I am right. The reason for slouching is because you have concentrated on your pecs and not on your upperback and shoulders and your chest is pulling your arms forward. I guess the answer to your problem is to have a more balanced workout. The muscle groups opposing that muscle group you have worked hard to increase must be also worked, perhaps to about the same degree. I hope my explanation is at least clearer than mud.

Also and more importantly , you must squat. OK i am kidding about the squats.

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Start deadlifting and bent over rows.

The other side to posture is a strong 'core' and awareness of what it feels like when your posture is good.

You'll stop gaining on your chest anyway unless you start doing some leg work. Your gonna end up looking plain silly if you don't balance out your muscle groups.

LucidDreamer

Don Juan
Reaction score
Dr squat's correct; you're physique is imbalanced -- front heavy -- and your back cannot support the weight. you need to attain balance and work the back, hell, just work your entire body like a real man.

semag

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Do some rows (i.e. cable or DB rows) with a big range of motion. By this I mean that with cable or DB rows, you can bring the weight all the way to your hip, your arm coming back as far as possible, where BB rows, or Tbar rows will stop you short as the weight hits your stomach or chest. You need your goal to be to stretch out your pecs, get more flexibility back in your upper body. If you stretch them out while simultaneously strengthening the muscles in your back, it will pull your body back into alignment.

Cheiradawg

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
It's been said -more back work. Also don't forget about those rear delts.

TTAG

Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks

hey fellas,

thanks for the tips, Im not that 'big' at all, but enough to make a difference... will focus on back and shoulders.

i can remember some dude at my gym was telling me that also when I first started... thanks again ;)

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
deadlifts.

and don't forget ab work. when used properly, they will take about 70% of the workload off the back in keeping your posture erect.