"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Peacocking still works

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
To many, peacocking and dressing shouty are a relic of the PUA days. These days the DJ status quo stresses muscle, preselection, social value and only after all that, showy displays of wealth (wealth also being a form of peacocking).

However, straight peacocking can still grab a woman's eye. I was running some errands this morning, wearing my Rich Rocker shirt with genuine sterling silver decoration, my Beijing Olympic edition Dunks and my limited edition U Boat on a custom camo pattern NATO strap.

13331136_10206802279798883_8750734428030696936_n.jpg

Despite the scorching heat and general frustration at having to wait outside banks and other establishments wearing face masks (I was wearing my black Bane style mask which looks pretty badass IMO), there were many women following me with their eyes as I walked past. I could have opened any of them if they were younger and more attractive. I'm still way overweight and generally invisible to women, but not today, not when I was dressed like this.

Peacocking still works.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
Well yeah cuz you rocked it all the way bro. You gotta just own it, which in this pic you are. Lowkey you look like a total douchebag stereotype, you’re only missing the party shades and you’d be a walking penis haha but whatever works right? I think it’s cuz you stand out a ton, and bc no one wears this type of stuff no more, you rocking it all the way makes it seem like this you ARE that type of dude. Half-assing it only makes you look like a wannabe with no style. Good shit.
 

Robert28

Master Don Juan
Joined
Dec 27, 2008
Messages
5,027
Reaction score
5,356
That girl is solid. Well done!
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

jaymbrs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 27, 2017
Messages
1,966
Reaction score
1,969
Age
39
There's no one way of attracting females. I dress very simple, t-shirt, designer jeans and whatever shoes/boots I have. I've attracted a lot of women who say they prefer their men like that. With that said, the type of women you attract may or will not be into me. It's just how it goes.
 

metalwater

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2019
Messages
1,607
Reaction score
1,330
Location
random
one of the things Peacocking does is changes the impression made on other men. the bleeds across to the women. it will not trump a good looking face and tall but will trump another at the same level not doing it.
 

ImTheDoubleGreatest!

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 14, 2014
Messages
5,747
Reaction score
2,964
Age
27
Location
Right behind you
There's no one way of attracting females. I dress very simple, t-shirt, designer jeans and whatever shoes/boots I have. I've attracted a lot of women who say they prefer their men like that. With that said, the type of women you attract may or will not be into me. It's just how it goes.
Because it’s not about how you look on the outside, it’s about your essence, who you ARE. It’s just that who you are typically tends to manifest outwardly as well, so if something’s not right, people will pick up on that and know you’re fake. Especially women. They have a knack for that.
 

Tilex

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 12, 2018
Messages
898
Reaction score
1,029
Peacocking has always worked, there's no doubt about that.
It's more about having an original style and wearing something that's unique to you.
Something that makes you feel good to wear.

I don't like Mystery's approach to peacocking because it's over the top and flamboyant.
I know when I'm out in public wearing camouflage pants/shorts and a fitted black shirt, I always get noticed.
 

Scars

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 20, 2007
Messages
2,127
Reaction score
1,003
Age
36
Location
Phoenix
I think dressing "loud" can get her eyes to look in your direction initially, but your inner game and body language must match as well. If I saw some green sparkly thing out of the corner of my eye, I would probably look too. It takes confidence to dress against the norm and command attention through colorful clothing, so I can see how some women would perceive this as an "alpha trait", despite dressing in attire that most could consider "flamboyant".
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Poonani Maker

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 29, 2007
Messages
4,392
Reaction score
927
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
It works if you're congruent with it. E.g. I would never wear Mystery's dopey getup, but it works (worked?) for him. But I do wear some flamboyant stuff sometimes, because I like to.
Not sure if "peac0cking" is trying to have the magician look like Mystery. For the purposes of this forum Peac0cking should be considered wearing current fashionable apparel properly and with "bling" assortments. You know the right shoes, the right outfit, the right watch, rings, chains, earrings, a hat, all of the currect brands and worn in the proper venues. Dress game to the max.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Sure it can be. Mystery definitely peac0cked. I don't think you should limit yourself to what's "fashionable" or you'll be dressed like everyone else, even if you spend 10G. Peacocking is more about distinguishing yourself from the crowd. You can walk into a bar in the financial district and meet 30 men in Armani suits, but who's daring to stand out in a loud plaid or a pink ties and kerchief? But like I said it's all about congruency and what works for each person. Try-hards get eaten alive.
WTF is a "try hard" in dress game? So in an environment where I'm normally well dressed, a couple men out of 150 were able to stand out more ( and I don't "try" to stand out, I was wearing what I wear ). The guys that stood our had full suits. Every day. Within a conservative environment, their colorings had life in them while still being within the rules. Fabrics and textures you could tell were by their individual tastes and not off the shelf. Cuff links, handerkerchief. More color coordination on tie, handkerchief and socks. Enough change out of shoes and each were appropriate.

When I saw the look it made me understand that the closest thing to a woman in lingerie for a man is a man in a tailored and properly fitted suit.

So who would win out, police lieutenant with a pauching gut and not very handsome in the face or a couple well built Armani dressed bad boys in Lambo's and Ferraris each multi millionaires?
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
To many, peacocking and dressing shouty are a relic of the PUA days. These days the DJ status quo stresses muscle, preselection, social value and only after all that, showy displays of wealth (wealth also being a form of peacocking).

However, straight peacocking can still grab a woman's eye. I was running some errands this morning, wearing my Rich Rocker shirt with genuine sterling silver decoration, my Beijing Olympic edition Dunks and my limited edition U Boat on a custom camo pattern NATO strap.

View attachment 4326

Despite the scorching heat and general frustration at having to wait outside banks and other establishments wearing face masks (I was wearing my black Bane style mask which looks pretty badass IMO), there were many women following me with their eyes as I walked past. I could have opened any of them if they were younger and more attractive. I'm still way overweight and generally invisible to women, but not today, not when I was dressed like this.

Peacocking still works.
So we have established, "peacocking" is dress dominance in a tasteful and individualistic manner.
 

SW15

Master Don Juan
Joined
May 31, 2020
Messages
15,423
Reaction score
12,522
I have my own peacocking style that I use when going out. I have even worn this get up when doing day approaches at the grocery store and mall. I look unique. I agree that peacocking is great.
 

"Why Women Dump the Guys Who Try the Hardest"

You paid for dinner. You drove. You said "whatever you want is fine" every single time. All the effort, no expectations.

And she left anyway — probably for a guy who makes her pick up the pizza.

Painful. Also predictable. Her mind quietly concludes that anything requiring zero effort from her is worth exactly zero. You became a free sample, and free samples get taken for granted.

The 22 Rules flip the dynamic. Small shifts that get her investing effort, money, and time in you — until SHE'S the one afraid of losing YOU.

Read more...

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
I just meant any man who's attempting to peacock without it matching his inner game and sense of self. For instance, if I put on a top hat and an earring simply to impress. It's not my style, might work for some other guy. Every man should feel at home in his outfit, like a second skin.
LOL. I discounted the entire Mystery and any 100% PUA style stuff, in favor of more what's in and will work in the current times. There's a shyt ton of looks available.
 

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Joined
Aug 27, 2015
Messages
17,586
Reaction score
11,948
Location
DFW, TX
Yeah I know...I only cited Mystery's stupid look as an extreme example, lol. But it really doesn't matter what I think of how a guy looks, anyway. I remember when I was about 22 I worked in a drab office, but there was one guy who frequently wore garish red suits. At the time I thought, wow, that dude's a dork. But he wore that shyt with pride and turned heads. I don't know if it was to get girls or just to express himself, but looking back, I realize that whatever his motive, he owned his look.
Own it yea . The ladies want some of his confidence.
 

Epicenter

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 10, 2020
Messages
1,003
Reaction score
376
Age
55
It's classic evo psy thing. It reflects that you are ready to risk a lot for your evolutional "duty"
 

Visionist

Master Don Juan
Joined
Mar 27, 2016
Messages
837
Reaction score
876
Age
38
On the opposite extreme, you can peacock "elegantly" by making bold statements with articles of clothing or accessories slightly on the maverick edge of trends, but not too outrageous.

14707813_10207868178765691_4685321717017415504_o.jpg

These tan Loacke Oxfords are handmade in England from supple, fragrant calfskin. They could pass for a thousand bucks, but they only cost a quarter of that. They suggest a rugged, cowboy edge, especially with their slow, menacing clomp clomp clomp footstep sounds. At the same time they're perfectly dressy, matched to a tan belt.

13327566_10206771221822453_1345283356867578334_n.jpg

As for the Monaco Gulf, it's an eye catching affair with a long and illustrious heritage. To a car guy like me, it represents a certain lifestyle; the Speed Yellow Targa GTS driving, Le Mans VIP event attending, Riva Aquarama pootling-about-in, playboy bastard. Simply wearing this watch once landed me a job offer at Harrods of London. And yet, most people underestimate its price; as you can see I'm wearing it in the notorious Naples subway without a care in the world.*

Your choice of fragrance can make you stand out, too. In fact I have a thread right here on SoSuave to thank for getting me into fragrances a few years ago. I have around 60 practically full bottles now. On the evening the second photo was taken, I was wearing Colorado Rain by Route 66. It's basically the smell of ozone, the same as warm tarmac after a summer rainstorm. The catch? It's very hard to find in Italy, and yet when I found it, I only paid twenty Euros for it.

* Do NOT wear a Submariner or Sea Dweller in Naples. You have been warned. No I don't have one. I wish lmao. If I did, I wouldn't wear it in Naples.
 
Last edited:

Zontyy

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 8, 2020
Messages
207
Reaction score
179
Age
39
On the opposite extreme, you can peacock "elegantly" by making bold statements with articles of clothing or accessories slightly on the maverick edge of trends, but not too outrageous.
I agree so much with this statement. Sometimes a good pair of footwear and a watch is all you need. I've had more conversations just randomly start based on a watch I was wearing or a nice pair of gloves.
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Top