Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Paying The Price For What You Really Want

disciple

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I was just looking at some of the posts on approaching, rejection, etc. in the DJ Bible.

As I was reading, I began to think about a great principle I learned from a good book on success in life.

There is a great rule of obtaining success in any area of your life from getting that dream job, starting a business, becoming rich, hooking up with a beautiful woman.

It is actually very simple but very few people follow it and that is the reason that most people live and die without ever realizing their full potential.

The rule is this: First, you must clearly define or picture exactly what it is that you want.

Second, you must determine what price you will have to pay at the counter of life in order to obtain it.

Third, you must be willing to pay that price completely and in full BEFORE life will give it to you.

Life doesn't except I.O.U.'s or partial payment.

If there is something in your life that you really want and you haven't obtained it yet, most likely it is because you haven't clearly made it a goal or objective to reach or that you haven't paid the price for it.

I'll give you a good real life example of this rule that anybody can relate to.

If your goal was to become a therapist or psychiatrist, then you will most likely have to go to college and get a degree in psychiatry.

That is a four year committment.

I remember my first semester at college. I went home for Christmas and came back after the break and saw people missing.

Come to find out, some people decided not to come back after that one semester. Alot of them weren't committed to studying and doing what they had to do and quit.

Anyone who has worked toward a college degree knows the time, effort, work, and sacrifices that you have to make in order to walk that stage and have some old fart hand you a rolled up piece of paper.

Times when you didn't feel like studying and you wanted to go hang out but you knew you had a test tomorrow and a paper to finish writing.

If you've ever went away to school, you remember the times you got homesick or just got tired of papers and tests and sh*tty professors and felt like going home.

The point I'm making is that the school wouldn't give you that piece of paper until you completed ALL of their requirements to earn it.

Life is the same way.

If you want to date a hot chick, then you need to think about what price you will have to pay to have a chick like that.

If there are any AFC's or niceguys reading this, I DO NOT mean buying gifts, dinners, paying for her hair or nails, or any of that trickin sh*t.

Spending your money and giving away your self-respect and dignity as a man IS NOT what I am referring to.

The price I am talking about is the willingness to see what you want and be willing to pay the price that life will make you pay in order to have it.

For example, in order to find a chick that is gorgeous, truly appreciates and respects you for YOU, has value other than her looks, is helpful and a benefit, etc., you must be willing to sort through alot of chicks that are no good for you, FIRST.

Only when you have paid a certain price in terms of approaches, possible rejections, chicks that you have to reject after a conversation or two, dealing with chicks with issues or who try to play games, chicks that turn out to be no good or a waste of time, etc., will life then present what it is that you REALLY want.

For anybody reading this that doubts me, go read or watch the biography of just about any succcessful person in just about any field from business, sports, entertainment, etc. and look at all the sh*t they had to go through to get what they really wanted.

Life doesn't play favorites and doesn't accept bounced checks.

Once you know what it is that you really want and your desire is strong, you will have the inner drive and motivation to obtain it.

That strong desire and inner drive is what will give you the strength to continue pressing on even when there are times that it seems that nothing is going your way and everything seems to be working against you.

It's kinda like when you get a really good piece of a$$.

If you really want to experience that good sex again, would you care if you had to approach 20 women and 19 turned you down but the 20th not only had sex with you but it was so good she had you screaming HER name?

After you busted that good nut, would those 19 that turned you down even be on your mind?

Would you even give a sh*t?

I think I've made my point.

Izo

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great post, I like the analogies. That may seem like a really simple and obvious rule, but so many people (including myself) fail to use it.

jonny football hero

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Gold star!

I've always kept a list of goals, something that gives me site of what i want. It's all about having the desire for something.

B9

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
good post, disciple. Indeed something very few people do. I'd personally add that if you want this to be effective you have to narrow it down, three max four things in life that you really DO want to accomplish, and them make it your mantra every day.

TIf you do it all the time, you run the risc of dilutting your focus.