Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Pattern Interrupting

PatZull

Don Juan
Reaction score
Pattern Interrupting helped me a lot. It stopped most of my negative self-talk and I'm still using it to interrupt those negative patterns!

I'm not sure, but I think Pattern Interrupting was first introduced by Anthony Robbins in his Personal Power CDs! If you buy/download/rent/etc. them, you won't make a mistake!

I will try to be as brief as I can...

Pattern Defined!

Patterns are actually our ways to react on different situations. Different people have different patterns. For example, if someone offends you and you react by saying something back - you go into a pattern, which if "used" constantly will become your default pattern to reacting to this kinds of situations!

Shy people, for example, when standing to a hotty, go into a negative pattern - talking to themselves about how they look, should they look in her direction, etc.. etc.. Which is their default pattern in that situation.

But, don't worry! There's a solution to this problem!

Pattern Interrupting!

You must be very observing and dedicated in order to achive maximum results! Whenever you go into a negative pattern, become aware of it! Then say something funny to yourself (in your head, not vocally) or remember something funny, so that you make yourself laugh inside! BOOM, pattern interrupted! Yes, it's as easy as that!

This will replace your old negative pattern with pattern of unconcern and nonchalance, because that's what laughing symbolizes, right?

So if you're the shy guy in my example above, whenever you hear your negative self-talk, say something funny (in your head, not vocally) to interrupt your pattern and then if you wish to add additional effect do the opposite of what your negative inner voice said! Repeat until the desired effect is achieved.

I, for example, interrupt my patterns by saying "[WIP] [WIP] [WIP]" (these are the transcriptions of a word that does not exist; the closest word is "weep", but it has long i - [WI:p]) very fast. I somehow associated this to laughing.. And it works perfectly :)

That was a very brief explaination, so if you have questions feel free to ask! Of course, you can interrupt patterns not only with something that makes you laugh, but I think this is the best way, because it replaces your old negative pattern with a neutral one!

Have fun experimenting and destroying your fears! Bye!

Last edited:

PatZull

Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm sorry I'm bumping my post.. but any replies will be greatly appreciated.

The Click

Don Juan
Reaction score
I don't quiet understand.. so if you're feeling negative.. just make yourself laugh somehow? I don't wanna look like a freak next time I'm feeling negative.. and I just start laughing.. I don't really understand..*slams head on keyboard*

_Click

PatZull

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, sorry for the misunderstanding.. as I said million times my English is still bad, although I'm taking TOEFL soon :(

Nevertheless, what I wanted to say is, to make yourself laugh inside, not by voice.. You know, say/think something funny inside your head.. That's all you need..

I editted my main post.. tell me if it's still unclear :)

-=!peace!=-

The Click

Don Juan
Reaction score
Yeah, looks pretty good to me.. but then again, I'm not the brightest crayon in the box.. for example.. right now I'm playing around with a thumbtack in my mouth.. Brilliance you say? I know.. ain't it.. So English isn't you're first language? Looks as if you're doing pretty good.. I took Spanish for a semester.. you're not supposed to be able to drop that class at the semester.. but the teacher and I both knew I suck at other languages.. so she moreless kicked me out..:eek: Crazy world we live in.. I guess..

_Click

chalk

Don Juan
Reaction score
It's a good tip and it does work, you've just got to train your brain to favour the better thoughts over the negative ones by stopping them before they multiply. When i say multiply i mean that if you let just ONE of those thoughts get into your head it opens the gateway for them all to flood in and overwhelm you, but if you can just stop the first one then your sorted!!