Passed her little test, but there's a problem...RARE PLEA FOR ADVICE BY ME!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Date? Maybe.

Seriously date? Not unless she brings a little more to the table than a hot body.

I'm at a point in life where I require a stimulating intellect, thats hard to get with such an age gap. But hey, our convo flowed MUCH better than I anticipated it would, so who knows?

Drex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Well good luck anyways. Keep us updated I wanna know how it turns out. Also update the club scene with #1 and #2 as well :)

syemour

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I can't wait 'till Im on this level

TesuqueRed

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by STR8UP
Date? Maybe.

Seriously date? Not unless she brings a little more to the table than a hot body.

I'm at a point in life where I require a stimulating intellect, thats hard to get with such an age gap. But hey, our convo flowed MUCH better than I anticipated it would, so who knows?
fvcking-A, dude ... (my phrase for respect btw)

this has been a deal breaker for me for the last decade or so where I won't even approach a girl unless I think they are interesting upstairs (Ok, I will, actually...to get a better look). Usually I toss a joke their way (sarcasm mixed with word play mixed with something a little out there)--if they can handle it, I'm interested, and if not, I think "nice tyts but have a good day, babe" and I'm on my way.

Very good point Str8up.

Who was it that posted a few days ago about being an uber-dj (something forced on him by his family since he was a kid) who was always getting numbers but decided to try and give that up? Good for him, in general, but while I was reading it I kept wondering if he had absolutely no pre-qualification filters on at all--??? I couldn't imagine doing what he said he did. I have no reason to doubt his word here, it's just that I couldn't imagine simply pursuing women and getting numbers at that rate since--for me--there has to be a good deal more she has to show me before I consider her as a potential date. I kept wondering if he indiscriminately pursued women with little or no filters up front besides the "looks nice" and "has fun personality" filters. I see stunning women by the dozens every day who are sophisticated and intelligent (downtown San Francisco--not as hot as some places but a good deal more than most!) I can recall about 1-2 a month (just tossin a number out here...) who actually grabbed my attention above the others. After spending a short amount of time with them one or the other of us usually dis-qualifies ourselves or the other from it

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by syemour
I can't wait 'till Im on this level
When it rains it pours....

I'm breaking a very long dry streak here (mostly due to limitations I place on myself).

Take it while you can get it!

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by TesuqueRed
Usually I toss a joke their way (sarcasm mixed with word play mixed with something a little out there)--if they can handle it, I'm interested, and if not, I think "nice tyts but have a good day, babe" and I'm on my way.
I recently had thoughts on this subject.

How do you judge whether or not someone is "shallow"?

For me, a woman's point rating can go up by 2-3 if she has a great personality and brains. Some people I know probably wouldn't give ONE extra point for those qualities.

Life's too short to hang out with brainless trophy girls, and I've learned that there is no suchthing as a perfect girl, so I try to make accomodations.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Ouch! No offense but you have no idea how hard it is for me to read right now. LOL. Okay, I am not on your level but I say, still cancel. Not in a rude way but if she is into you waiting one more week won't kill you and it will then show her that she can't play any games with you. Just my take. But hell, I am hungover. I had my former DJ cancel like this and we were in a similar situation at first... Long story..

I say, tomorrow call her and be very nice but short, "Say listen, something has come up and I am not going to be able to make it tonight but perhaps, another time. "

I dunno, but I think this chick is a game player and if you really want to drive her nuts then waiting will do it. If you go out as planned, sure you might have a great time but with all the back and forth thus, far.. I say start new.

And the next time you call and ask her out. She won't give any crap, nada and if into you will be where you want, the time you want and minus the friends.

Just my take and keep in mind I have a hell of a hangover.

If not go out and have fun and keep us posted.

Tamales

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay, had a second thought. I reread your thread again. Ouch, double ouch. I still say cancel dude. But I think since you got the sarcasm down it should include her LTBF excuse.

I mean she already is telling you that she is seeing a man, long distance and twice a year???? WTF and it's only twice a year???? WTF. I hardly call that seeing someone.

I say still cancel, but say somthing like, " you know what I am sure we would have a great time out, but maybe this isn't such a good idea and all seeing as you have a long distance boyfriend. PLus, something else has come up. (insert excuse here but keep it bried and work related if possible, but no details)

Perhaps, another time.

I say let her call you next. I mean I am not myself today and might be totally off but from the little I could grasp. You ask her out, she included her friend, then tells you about her bf (long distance) and yeah you do recover but this chick is a mess and has no idea what she wants. We are very, very fickle creatures. And i can tell you that while you think she is into you she just might cancel herself at the last minute.

A real DJ would have her begging for it. SHe wouldn't have to whip out the calender and do a let's see. She would take any day you gave her and be excited about it. Period. And none of this back and forth ****. She wouldn't waver in her interest. She doesn't get a second chance and you are not interested in going out with her friend. You have enough friends. She blew it in my opinion and even tho you were smooth at coming back she needs to earn a date with you, now. I mean for Pete's Sake.

I say cancel. But might want to use a modified version of the above. She has your number and let her call you. In my hungover state of mind, she already shows she is a bit flaky. ANd you my dear, should have no time for that. No matter how good the convo went.

ANd if it went well, she will think SHE has blown it and be going crazy and wondering what she said wrong. ANy women that mentions another man when a guy is asking her for a date is trouble and she should have nothing else but YOU on here mind.

Oye vey,, did that make sense. SOrry to go against what everyone said on here and hope you aren't mad. But I am just trying to call it like it is and better to wait than jump in right now.

You can and will work this and trust me, have her begging for more.

Good luck.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tamales
Just my take and keep in mind I have a hell of a hangover.......I say, tomorrow call her
I see that. You didn't read further. I did call her back.

That's okay, go nurse your hangover and come back when you're in better shape. LOL

BTW....hair of the dog is the best cure, but I've found that a 32oz. Gatorade will do in a pinch.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by tamales
A real DJ would have her begging for it.
Ouch, that one hurt.

tamales

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Sorry, but even tho I am not feeling good ( and what is the dog hair thing, I own a dog and beats going to the store in this condition) LOL...

I didn't mean to sound harsh but maybe I just am the odd one out here. I still stick to my overall advice on this one. Minus all the typos. I still say, another week won't kill you or her (maybe even raise her IL). She from the get go was playing games and that simply should not be tolerated. I tried this same thing on my former DJ and when he then canceled, I was shocked and bummed and well the next time, I was ready and willing and didn't even mention my calender.

The key is to be very nice but very very vague. Catch her off guard and canceling in a nice but DJ way will and the next time like I say, if and that is IF she is really into you, she won't try and pull this kind of crap.

But anyways, a girl who considers a man that she sees twice a year as a boyfriend in my book has bigger issues and sounds like a potential wacko.

Pass me the saltines and gingerale,
Tamales

Only trying to say it from my standpoint. I am no expert but I happen to be the odd one out here. If you decide to go then I am sure it will all work out.

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Man, oh man.

Just got back from having a drink with her. Probably the best first date I've ever had. She's a cool chick that I could totally get into hanging out with.

The picture gets clearer....

She realizes she needs to move on from the boyfriend. Turns out this is the ONLY boyfriend she's ever had.

Man, she's totally into me. She called me PROMPTLY when she got off work and arrived at my house 20 minutes early (I was still in my underwear...I busted on her for that, haha!). The body language is all there, the playing with hair, submissive glances, mirroring, you name it. She was asking what kind of girl I am looking for, if I had ever dated an asian girl, why I'm still single, all the qualifying questions.

Now I don't know what to do. If I proceed I'll feel like I'm taking advantage or something. I didn't make any kind of physical moves aside from sitting close and light kino. Damn, why do I feel guilty?

Turns out she has been approached to model. She showed me a pic, WHOA!

Allright what the hell should I do? It's not like I'm preying on an innocent defenseless minor or something, she's 21 dammit! It just feels strange cause It's been AWHILE since I've been involved with such an inexperienced girl. And past experience has taught me that they catch feeling FAST.

Oh man, what am I getting myself into?

Pro

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Razzle dazzle is in the house! I am with him, str8up, you sound like you in it for a minute and you know whats up. Don't make this easy for her and know that you the ****e! You got this! .... and if not, it's no big deal.