"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Parents on my back

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
Age
40
Well suddenly ive got myself a life and started going out more and doing things, i mean im hardly even at home. My parents have now started getting on my back a lot about me going out too much but its like being at home is so boring now. Im coming back home late and they like just getting so concerned. Now my parents know they cant stop me from going out but i just feel bad and feel that i need to do something about this, dont know what.

Any advice on this situation?
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

grifter

Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2004
Messages
109
Reaction score
0
keep doing what u are doing. if u let them call the shots this early, they'll have u whipped for years to come.
 

neobrood

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 2, 2004
Messages
250
Reaction score
0
Location
toronto, canada
that means your parents are kinda adjusting to this new trend. U said u got urself a life and not in the house... :)

being at home is so boring now.
I agree. And when I'm at home, I get stuck up with my parents on some days... and then friction happens. :)

but i just feel bad and feel that i need to do something about this, dont know what.
Spend some time with them sometimes. If you got a parttime job or any source of income, why not treat them sometimes? Spend some time together... at least that will send them a signal that their kid doesn't have problems with them and is doing fine.

This is harder to do tho... if you got some anger issues with your parents.
 

splinterkb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 6, 2004
Messages
750
Reaction score
4
Age
40
Location
Minnesota
They're experiencing a new aspect of life on which you have taken in. They haven't dealt with it much, so it makes them uncertain and frightened. After it becomes a normal part of life, they will see there is no harm in it, and will know how to properly deal with it in themselves. I went through the same thing. Your parents just need time and it will eventually go away.
 

jason86

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 6, 2004
Messages
248
Reaction score
0
Age
40
yea i guess its something new to them and its just a bit of a shock. ill definitly now try spending more time with them if that will help but i dont really think ive been ignoring them, i still have some deep convos with them but they still just acting the same. ah ill just see how things go as time goes by
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

ScrewIt

Master Don Juan
Joined
Feb 11, 2004
Messages
1,769
Reaction score
2
as time goes by, they'll be OK about it.

truth is, a lot of parents are oversecure about their maturing children.

I even have to tell my mom where im going (sometimes), or else she'll be concerned.
 
Top