Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Parents don't approve of girlfriend

The Purifier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 6 months now....I have to admit, it's really hard but I'm dealing with it pretty well for now....

However, my parents met her over a month ago and they didn't really care for her...Not because she is a bad person but my mother doesn't think she is attractive and a good quality woman...My father agrees with my mother....

I admit, she wasn't my type physically but her personality is what makes her attractive to me. I believe she is a good person and I feel really good when I'm with her even though we don't get to see each other much because of the distance....We do talk everyday though..

The sex is great.

However, my relationship with my parents really went downhill because of my relationship. I'm an adult and I live alone....I'm old enough to make my own decisions....But I couldn't handle my mother's attitude when speaking to me...She was always emotional and upset because of my relationship....I couldn't even talk to her because she always started up with me because of my girlfriend.

Finally, I made the decision to tell them that I am going to end it....But I'm not going to end it....As soon as I told them that, they changed their behavior and started to act normal again....

Honestly, I hate "lying" to my parents but I never said when I was going to end it....If the relationship doesn't work out at some point, which is possible, then so be it...But I couldn't live with myself if I broke it off just because of them....So for now, I'm continuing with her and they think it's over...

What do you guys think? Was this the right decision? Anyone else have a similar situation?

wifehunter

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

I've been in a long distance relationship for almost 6 months now....I have to admit, it's really hard but I'm dealing with it pretty well for now....

However, my parents met her over a month ago and they didn't really care for her...Not because she is a bad person but my mother doesn't think she is attractive and a good quality woman...My father agrees with my mother....

I admit, she wasn't my type physically but her personality is what makes her attractive to me. I believe she is a good person and I feel really good when I'm with her even though we don't get to see each other much because of the distance....We do talk everyday though..

The sex is great.

However, my relationship with my parents really went downhill because of my relationship. I'm an adult and I live alone....I'm old enough to make my own decisions....But I couldn't handle my mother's attitude when speaking to me...She was always emotional and upset because of my relationship....I couldn't even talk to her because she always started up with me because of my girlfriend.

Finally, I made the decision to tell them that I am going to end it....But I'm not going to end it....As soon as I told them that, they changed their behavior and started to act normal again....

Honestly, I hate "lying" to my parents but I never said when I was going to end it....If the relationship doesn't work out at some point, which is possible, then so be it...But I couldn't live with myself if I broke it off just because of them....So for now, I'm continuing with her and they think it's over...

What do you guys think? Was this the right decision? Anyone else have a similar situation?
At the end of the day, it's really none of their business, unless they are pointing out some serious red flags.

Keep in mind, most chicks these days, are sluts...

However...If they are flat out, just being unsupportive...ditch them. You don't need people in your life, who will drag you down. IDGAF who it is.

Take care, think hard.

GrowingPains

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Who cares what they think. What do you think.

Do you like the girl? Do you like the girl enough to allow your parents to act the way they do? Do you find their behavior rational?

backseatjuan

Banned
Reaction score
Listen to your parents maan. Don't go who cares what they think. Firstly, the girl is long distance, that means she's fcking somebody else that's not even under discussion. Secondly she's ugly and obviously bellow your SMV. Thirdly why get serious. While the btch is away, which she is most of the time according to you, just spin plates, from plates pick a girlfriend.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The sex is great.

How long distance is the relationship? And for how long is it likely to remain long distance?

I would really look into this matter, because the distance thing may grant your parents wishes.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, how old are you? Why are your parents dictating which women you date? If you're enjoying your time with her and she treats you well, they can go fvck themselves.

Second, why would you even bother pursuing a LDR? You will be helpless when the guys in her area are hitting on her.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
First of all, how old are you? Why are your parents dictating which women you date? If you're enjoying your time with her and she treats you well, they can go fvck themselves.

Second, why would you even bother pursuing a LDR? You will be helpless when the guys in her area are hitting on her.

Girls will get hit on by other dudes, even if it's close distance.. There is nothing he can do about that.

The real issue is, how long distance? How often will he see her?

And for how long do they intend to remain long distance?

If the plan is to see each other LDR over several years, then its GAME OVER..

Its very difficult to maintain a relationship, without a destination or a goal to be heading for.. Plus communication suffers in a LDR.. arguments are much harder to resolve.

Desdinova

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Girls will get hit on by other dudes, even if it's close distance.. There is nothing he can do about that.
Frequent dates will help keep her interest high. If he can't see her except on the weekends (possibly having to miss a few), it gives her more free time to pursue activities with male friends and be social.

soulforge

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Frequent dates will help keep her interest high. If he can't see her except on the weekends (possibly having to miss a few), it gives her more free time to pursue activities with male friends and be social.

Yeh it depends on how often he can see her.. However what is there future plan?

Just seeing her on weekends indefinitely will not work.

sosousage

Banned
Reaction score
Hey guys,

The sex is great.

is she fat or unattractive?

most parents think like hypergamous girlies *omg social value gimme more omg omg* if she aint attractive or appears to have low social value they will be unhappy

The Purifier

Don Juan
Reaction score
Okay to answer some of these questions:

She lives in another state...But we have been able to see each other once a month. I trust her...She's a good girl....She's a little chubby but not fat fat (obese)...She's probably around a 6/7 looks wise but like I said before her personality is amazing and is what attracts me to her. The ultimate goal is for her to try to get a job in my area and move in with me....But that's no guarantee.

My parents have their reasons for not approving such as they don't think she's attractive and she's a little overweight. Honestly, I told my parents I'm going to end it so they can relax but I'm not ending it....If it ends on it's own like if she can't get a job here or whatever the reason is, I'm okay with that. But I can't live with myself if I were to end it because my problems have major issues with it. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm in my early 30's by the way.

glass half full

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lying to them will only make you look worse in your parents' eyes, I understand you did it to see how they would react but I think you already knew.

And if your plate finds out you lied to them, she will store this in her memory for future reference.

I understand, since my folks like to dictate things too, although they have found out repeatedly that I do what I think is best for me.

They better learn that someday...and I agree with LA Raiders.

Chi Town

Banned
Reaction score
You were willing to break off you're relationship because ya parents didn't approve of it? Jesus dude, where ya nuts At? Can you find it or nah?

The Duke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mom never liked my exwife. She wasn't conservative enough for my mom. I didn't let it stop me. My mom didn't disrespect me for my choice either. It's your relationship, not your mothers.

Live life for yourself, not for others. That's where you find happiness and freedom.

stevieLA

Banned
Reaction score
Okay to answer some of these questions:

She lives in another state...But we have been able to see each other once a month. I trust her...She's a good girl....She's a little chubby but not fat fat (obese)...She's probably around a 6/7 looks wise but like I said before her personality is amazing and is what attracts me to her. The ultimate goal is for her to try to get a job in my area and move in with me....But that's no guarantee.

My parents have their reasons for not approving such as they don't think she's attractive and she's a little overweight. Honestly, I told my parents I'm going to end it so they can relax but I'm not ending it....If it ends on it's own like if she can't get a job here or whatever the reason is, I'm okay with that. But I can't live with myself if I were to end it because my problems have major issues with it. So that's what I'm going to do. I'm in my early 30's by the way.
You're in your 30's dating a fattie out of state and dependent on your parent's approval. Let all of that sink in for a moment.

mrgoodstuff

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
My mom never liked my exwife. She wasn't conservative enough for my mom. I didn't let it stop me. My mom didn't disrespect me for my choice either. It's your relationship, not your mothers.

Live life for yourself, not for others. That's where you find happiness and freedom.
Did ex-wife blow you out at the end of the marriage and perhaps mom was "right"?