Parents being douchebag's

KostaTheGreek

Reaction score
hey people, im full greek, so my parents r always strict and everything and they make me study ALOT. i have like an 85% average in school im in grade 10 and they never let me go to parties or anything. they always say "if i dont know them your not going" its so bull. the other excuse is "no its too late" meanwhile its only 9:00 and im in grade 10........ bull**** if u ask me. i dont get it ... i study my ass off, go to church, listen to my parents but they NEVER LET ME GO OUT TO PARTY or anything. theyll let me go occasionally but not like the other kids. the other kids my age always party and have fun and keep up with their grades. like all of grade 8 i was thinking about how cool grade 9 was gonna be with parties and stuff.... when grade 9 hit i did NOTHING... i wasnt even popular cuz i never went to parties. and now im in grade 10 and i still feel like im in grade 8. my life is ****ing bull****. whats the point of life if you have no fun? i know education is a must but theres always room for fun. any advice or anything pleaseee?

faiNt`

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm going to try not to sound like your parents here. First, they are right to an extent. In high school, the only thing that really matters is grades. Sure you want to have fun and all, but high school is such bullsh*t that it doesn't really matter anyway. You say you have 85 averages. Why not 90s? Why not 95s? Who is stopping you from being the best at something? I think it's your attitude.

Try focusing on what you have to do and caring about it more. Be passionate about life. Go to the gym and get big. Exercise your mind and your body. Talk to everyone just because you want to. Bring friends over to your house.

Weekends? If you aren't allowed out during the week then obviously weekends would be the best bet. Reason with your parents; tell them you're finished everything for the week and your friend is having a few people over to "hang out" (I know what is done at these high school parties ;) haha) and GIVE YOUR PARENTS YOUR FRIENDS NUMBER. If they complain about not knowing them, tell them to call. Be up front and straight foward.

Worst case situation, you can always sneak out, that's what I did. Just don't get caught and you're golden.

Good luck, I know from experience parents can be ridiculous sometimes ...

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The problem isn't the parties. If you DID go to the party, would it be better?

No. Your problem is YOU. You are not popular because of YOU. If you go to the party you would be the same person, but in a different environment.

If you want to be "popular" you have to stop caring about it. Don't be the dweeb that tries too hard to fit in. The follower. Care about what you want to do, and stop listening to your parents so much. They are right most of the time, but not all the time. You must decide when their lessons are right and wrong.

85% average is plenty. Life isn't about grades, it's about enjoyment. Keep the grades up so you can get a good job and you can enjoy your life. But if all your life is work, then that's too much. There has to be a balance. 85% sounds balanced.

Also, you write like a retard. If you want replies from people older than you, then please write in English. We can't help you if we can't read it.

Berlex

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
You don't like their rules, move out of their house.

Bratt2230

Don Juan
Reaction score
I have the exact same problem - i am MONTENEGRIAN though (but from balkan too)...

My parents match your 99%, so what i did was, i invited my friends over a couple of times, and showed my parents that theese guys was NOT drug addicts and the usual bull**** they think of my friends.. and all the suddently i can go out!

the only thing is!!! i MUST study hard! i still HAVE to get good grades in school, and i have to get up early every sunday, to go to the Greek Orthodox Chirch...
I have no problem with their intentions, since good grades are only going to help me!!..

I would say, introduce your friends to your parents, make them PROVE that they are good enough, and i guess they will let you go out some times..

ArcBound

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Lol I was angsty teenager with the same rules put on me and heres with I did at times

-They told me they haven't met my friends, I invited my friends over one day and they did meet some of them. So the next time I went over to one of their houses or hung out with them I told them that they did in fact meet them

-Make a deal with your parents. Say, If I mantain a 90% instead of a 85% you should let me hang out with my friends, everyone is happy.

-Lie. Say you are going over to a friend's house to have a sleepover and have video games, but instead party, drink and stay at his place.
Or say there is an after school club and just hang out with your friends, its not super hard.

-Always remember though grades and church are giving you the tools the succeed life

dra901

Don Juan
Reaction score
Do what ArcBound said..And just lie when you have to, it got me out of your situation with little to no concern

And keep in mind the fun begins to start when you hit grade 11 and grade 12. There's always going to be constant Grad parties and campouts and you're going to puke your guts out and tell everyone the monday after. And then there's going to be university, if you're going to live in your own separate dorm in a co-ed floor you're going to be in for a lot of fun.

Honestly your parents mean well and they're raising you with an iron fist, definitely but it's all for the greater good. Keep up your grades, hit up university and you're gonna have a lot of fun...

Work hard, party harder like Dionysus himself :up:

AlexLefty

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
and church are giving you the tools the succeed life
Disagree

Buddha_Mind

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
^^ agree with his disagree...

I don't trust religion much to give me truth...and in fact, nor do I really trust the institutions of school.

When my folks were strict with me I did several things. (1) lied at times to spend the night a place, get drunk and have fun (stay the night, don't drink and drive), (2) petitioned to them time and time again with reasonable arguments as to why their laws should be adjusted to a more realistic perspective, (3) combined the two until they finally accepted that I was a maturing person who would soon be far beyond their control, thus establishing a realistic frame with good communication being the end result.

Keep ur grades up. Sneak out and have fun. Don't get ****ed up and drive. Don't get ****ed up and do something that'll end in your arrest (this is not fun trust me). Be safe. Wear a condom.

Truly man it's probably because they care about you and are afraid you'll get too drunk/stoned/combined and drive...or take a bunk ectasy pill...or all the other crazy things young people do to die accidentally...

Have fun. Be safe. Break the rules man they'll be many more that are unjust in life! Just don't be stupid!! Respect yourself and others!

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
ArcBound said:
Always remember though grades and church are giving you the tools the succeed life
They train you to keep your head down and do as you're told. Success is a mastery over one's self. You can't do that until you fail and have to overcome your own demons.
Once you are able to discipline yourself and your own desires, you can get to completing whatever work you set your mind to. Church won't teach that, school won't teach that, life will teach that.

Successful people have the balls and intelligence to do what they believe is right even if everyone tells them it's a waste of time.

AlexLefty said:
Smart guy. But why do you disagree?