Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

P 90 X!

Strategos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Ok, so I like to spend a LOT of money of health and fitness. Recently, my latest victim in this spending spree was the P 90 X series that cost me about $350.00.
With school burying most of my time, I have resorted to this, "video instructional" fitness program which claims to only take about 30 minutes of my day 3-5 times a week. Which I thought at first was very lame, cuz usually I would spend hours on end at either the Muay Thai academy and or pumpin iron at the gym doin some real hard work. Ahaha:yes: I also have done many types of training before prior to taking this iniative, such as the "Cave man training" and the "Asian Spartan 300 Training." So this should be an interesting new experience for me that I look forward to seeing the results.

My questiong to everyone is, has anyone ever used the P 90 X workout programs before? My law instructor who is 35 uses the P 90 X and lost about 100 lbs and got some abs. I'm 5'9 -155 lbs, so all I have to do is get RIPPED!! Which will ultimately lead me to break female's shields MUCH MUCH more easier than I could now =) Lols, but going past that, this is more of a self kind of thing, I love lookin and feelin great, who the hell doesn't =D
Anyways, if anyone else is on the P 90 X program, let me know how your progress has been, cuz I plan on recording my diet, do some "P 90 X" and start trainin with some friends again in Muay Thai! OO RA! :box:

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strategos said:
Ok, so I like to spend a LOT of money of health and fitness. Recently, my latest victim in this spending spree was the P 90 X series that cost me about $350.00.
With school burying most of my time, I have resorted to this, "video instructional" fitness program which claims to only take about 30 minutes of my day 3-5 times a week. Which I thought at first was very lame, cuz usually I would spend hours on end at either the Muay Thai academy and or pumpin iron at the gym doin some real hard work. Ahaha:yes: I also have done many types of training before prior to taking this iniative, such as the "Cave man training" and the "Asian Spartan 300 Training." So this should be an interesting new experience for me that I look forward to seeing the results.

My questiong to everyone is, has anyone ever used the P 90 X workout programs before? My law instructor who is 35 uses the P 90 X and lost about 100 lbs and got some abs. I'm 5'9 -155 lbs, so all I have to do is get RIPPED!! Which will ultimately lead me to break female's shields MUCH MUCH more easier than I could now =) Lols, but going past that, this is more of a self kind of thing, I love lookin and feelin great, who the hell doesn't =D
Anyways, if anyone else is on the P 90 X program, let me know how your progress has been, cuz I plan on recording my diet, do some "P 90 X" and start trainin with some friends again in Muay Thai! OO RA! :box:
Surprised you shelled out 350$ for the program. Everyone and their baby mama I know are getting their **** via torrents for FREE.

Plus 155 @ 5'9 is pretty small. Do you seriously want to lose any more weight?

Only buddies I've had that used it were/are real over weight or were already carrying a substantial amount of muscle mass before they even warranted such a program.

Why bounce around program to program wasting money...if you're training muay thai just stick with an upper/lower body split, do GPP/conditioning work/sprints on the side. I for one would never get bored of sled drags, sledge hammer work, sandbag carries, farmer walks/strong man stuff and heaving some heavy slag iron in the gym.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
he probably meant he bought the programs, dumbbells, push up bars, and pull up bar and that total was 350 ish. oh an a yoga mat or something.

anyways, P90X is over an hour a day. Probably 90 minutes a day if you count in showering and stuff. Most of the time the program is 1 hr long but sometimes you have ab ripper whic is like 15 minutes pure ab work.

good workout. i'm doing it, but i'm finding it hard to stick to it.

Desert Fox

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
yeah I just started doing p90x again. 1 hr a day + 30 min pw/o meal and showering and stuff. about 1.5 hrs a day. not a bad deal.

by may I should have a sexy bod.

bukowski_merit

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strategos said:
Wow! I got mine for free off torrent sites. Came with the program and a ton of ebooks from beachbody. I'm assuming you don't know what torrents are, are rich, or just like to buy things as to commit to them?

Strategos said:
With school burying most of my time, I have resorted to this, "video instructional" fitness program which claims to only take about 30 minutes of my day 3-5 times a week.
Actually - almost every video is at least 60 minutes (if it's an abripper day - you'll be doing about 90 minutes). And their program calls for working out 6 days a week. Once you get "advanced" you're supposed to do 2 workouts a day (one in the morning and one at night).

Strategos said:
My questiong to everyone is, has anyone ever used the P 90 X workout programs before?
Yes. And I used it for about 2 months. And it DOES WORK. I dropped out of my gym and needed an alternative, so i chose this. I didn't notice much difference in my body between the 2 months i did this and the 2 years i spent in the gym. No noticeable lose in size or muscle mass, AND A HUGE INCREASE IN CARDIO tolerance.

I ultimately quit it in favor of kettlebells, sandbags, a weight bench and body weight exercises. Mostly because it find the guy VERY annoying who does the videos. I also found myself hating the countdown timer they have on the screen. I would cover it up with tape. I didn't like doing the same exercises and listening to the same stories.......... basically - i began to hate it... exercising is supposed to be stress relief and i found myself getting stressed about doing the 60-90 minutes....

just my opinion on the whole thing...

Strategos said:
I'm 5'9 -155 lbs, so all I have to do is get RIPPED!! Which will ultimately lead me to break female's shields MUCH MUCH more easier than I could now =)
coming from a guy who's 170 and RIPPED.... I assure you that women will not take any extra notice in you unless you're walking around with your shirt off or something...

don't get ripped to get women... if you want women to notice you more - bulk and lift heavy/low rep...

I stay away from that because 1) I stay in shape mostly to enchance my sexual experience. 2) at 180 my face gets fat as fvck... 3) well, those 2 are enough reasons for me.

that's my exp....

My current exercise routine is about 20 minutes a day; 7 days a week. Most of it consisting of stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU8p-ojaHSA

^ Took me a month just to learn how to flip the kettlebell properly! I swear that my workout is something i legit look forward to now! And im in great shape...

.... but bottom line: P90X works for ripping you.... if that's what you want - that's what it'll do...

Alle_Gory

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
The whole point of the program is to get your body moving with some decent intensity programs. It's basically aerobics with some strength exercises.

You can do the same thing yourself by doing jumping jacks for 30 min a day. Hell, you can even find yourself a homely chick and fvck her for 30 min a day. The whole point is to do some exercise and break a sweat because you're working so hard.

Strategos

Don Juan
Reaction score
CarlitosWay said:
Surprised you shelled out 350$ for the program. Everyone and their baby mama I know are getting their **** via torrents for FREE.

Plus 155 @ 5'9 is pretty small. Do you seriously want to lose any more weight?

Only buddies I've had that used it were/are real over weight or were already carrying a substantial amount of muscle mass before they even warranted such a program.

Why bounce around program to program wasting money...if you're training muay thai just stick with an upper/lower body split, do GPP/conditioning work/sprints on the side. I for one would never get bored of sled drags, sledge hammer work, sandbag carries, farmer walks/strong man stuff and heaving some heavy slag iron in the gym.
Yea u make a good point! I should return that s*** and get torrents!

To answer your question, no, I am not tryin to lose any more weight, just tryin to lose my body fat % and increase muscle weight.

P 90 X is only my ticket to cure my laziness I been havin for the pass two months....lol

Strategos

Don Juan
Reaction score
Desert Fox said:
he probably meant he bought the programs, dumbbells, push up bars, and pull up bar and that total was 350 ish. oh an a yoga mat or something.

anyways, P90X is over an hour a day. Probably 90 minutes a day if you count in showering and stuff. Most of the time the program is 1 hr long but sometimes you have ab ripper whic is like 15 minutes pure ab work.

good workout. i'm doing it, but i'm finding it hard to stick to it.
Naw, just the program ^_^ I was going to buy the Bowflex Dumbell set for 600 more bux, but I was like...uh...should probably hold on that....all the other items cost me ANOTHER 200 so bucks...yea i know....getting not fat is not cheap:eek:

Strategos

Don Juan
Reaction score
bukowski_merit said:
Wow! I got mine for free off torrent sites. Came with the program and a ton of ebooks from beachbody. I'm assuming you don't know what torrents are, are rich, or just like to buy things as to commit to them?

No, I just like to buy **** :crazy:

Actually - almost every video is at least 60 minutes (if it's an abripper day - you'll be doing about 90 minutes). And their program calls for working out 6 days a week. Once you get "advanced" you're supposed to do 2 workouts a day (one in the morning and one at night).

I just started, on day 3 and I'm feelin great! My abs are shapin back QUICK! Most likely from the Slendertone Flex I'm using prolly...not sure if that is workin but who knows...lol I noticed that it is more than 60 mins, it's crazy, but I can do that. Not twice a day though...aha

Yes. And I used it for about 2 months. And it DOES WORK. I dropped out of my gym and needed an alternative, so i chose this. I didn't notice much difference in my body between the 2 months i did this and the 2 years i spent in the gym. No noticeable lose in size or muscle mass, AND A HUGE INCREASE IN CARDIO tolerance.

I ultimately quit it in favor of kettlebells, sandbags, a weight bench and body weight exercises. Mostly because it find the guy VERY annoying who does the videos. I also found myself hating the countdown timer they have on the screen. I would cover it up with tape. I didn't like doing the same exercises and listening to the same stories.......... basically - i began to hate it... exercising is supposed to be stress relief and i found myself getting stressed about doing the 60-90 minutes....

just my opinion on the whole thing...

"I found the guy VERY annoying who does the video." LMFAO!!! I do too! :box: ahaha, but I can tolerate him...lols

coming from a guy who's 170 and RIPPED.... I assure you that women will not take any extra notice in you unless you're walking around with your shirt off or something...

don't get ripped to get women... if you want women to notice you more - bulk and lift heavy/low rep...

I stay away from that because 1) I stay in shape mostly to enchance my sexual experience. 2) at 180 my face gets fat as fvck... 3) well, those 2 are enough reasons for me.

that's my exp....

Great point, and yes I will be walking around with my shirt off everywhere i go, this halloween, I plan on being a prostitute or pillsberry dough boy with an empty front so women can poke me or somethin, idk...lols

I'm not doin it just for women, they are prolly, 5-10% at the most my reason. The rest is just to look and feel great. And most importantly, living a healthy life style =D I'm also Asian too, so being fat is super near impossible for me ^_^

My current exercise routine is about 20 minutes a day; 7 days a week. Most of it consisting of stuff like this: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YU8p-ojaHSA

^ Took me a month just to learn how to flip the kettlebell properly! I swear that my workout is something i legit look forward to now! And im in great shape...

.... but bottom line: P90X works for ripping you.... if that's what you want - that's what it'll do...
That is an awesome video!! ahaha check this one out http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O1IvmLwgGF8&feature=fvw

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strategos said:

To answer your question, no, I am not tryin to lose any more weight, just tryin to lose my body fat % and increase muscle weight.

P 90 X is only my ticket to cure my laziness I been havin for the pass two months....lol
I don't recommend being a thief and stealing the program. If it works for you and you are using their plan they deserve the money but anyways... If your looking to increase muscles well, good luck with that on P 90 X. It's a basic weight loss program with some body strengthing moves. For $350 you could have a gym membership for a year!

If you only weigh 160, if you put on like 25-30 pounds of lean muscle you wouldn't have to worry about shedding any kind of fat. Just my two cents. Hope P 90 x works for you though.

CarlitosWay

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Strategos said:

You're trying to ride two horses with only one set a butt cheeks. Do one or the other, doing both will you have spinning your wheels and in the end not to satisfied with the results. Yet if mediocrity is what you're after have at it!!!!

Magma

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I'm a week in on p90x and it's pretty good so far. I'm following the nutrition plan and exercise plan to a "T". My problem with the gym was always getting stuck in a rut and plateauing. Also, it's hard for me to find good workout partners that will be there to spot for me on the free weights. For me personally, I like having someone tell me exactly what to do, and how to do it. It's right there in my home. Tony Horton is a cheesed!ck, but I just mute him. And all I need are resistance bands and a pull-up bar.

I like the stretches too. If it were just me at the gym, I don't know if I could do the entire stretching routine on my own. I'd rush it, or overlook it. The yoga workout surprised me. I'd never done a yoga session, and I was dripping sweat by the end of this 90 minute routine.

Having my diet laid out for me is the biggest thing. Unless you're a nutritionist or have been doing this for years, it's hard to research the diet and implement it properly. Like I said, for me personally, this program fits my lifestyle and counters my tendencies.

Bottom line, if you're doing something to improve your energy and physique, what's the problem?

Forty0ztoFreedom

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
I did this for 3 weeks in January. Was getting remarks and compliments just from that. Then I started partying again and fell off. I just started P90, and will implement some of the P90X workouts into it.

The YOGA X, while great when you're done with it, is just too long IMO. You really need to be motivated.

I-tallionStallion

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Magma said:
My problem with the gym was always getting stuck in a rut and plateauing. Also, it's hard for me to find good workout partners that will be there to spot for me on the free weights.
Not trying to give you a hard time but maybe there were problems with your workout routine? Maybe your stance, setup, and technique was off? We have links in the vault to proven workouts that don't let you get stuck and plateau, at least not for a LONG time. Diet also has a big effect. If you were to tell me you were doing Westside Barbell, DC, Stronglifts, 'Where to start' in the vault, starting strength or anything Mark Rippetoe, iron addicts simple strength building workout..etc etc....and were going nowhere, I'd have a really really really hard time believing you. Also...a spotter for free weights? Were you doing1RMs or something? Just curious.

Glad P90x is working for you guys though. Do your thing and lose some weight before the summer.