Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Overly romantic women

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I know most women say they want all of that romance crap, but what about the ones who ooh and aah EVERY time they hear of a guy doing something mushy for a chick?

Awhile back I was in an LTR with one of these kind of girls. She would always say how much she longed for a man to do all that sh!t for her (which I pretty much avoided). The relationship lasted over a year, so I wasn't doing it entirely wrong :)

The one I'm with now is even worse.

Tonite she was expressing some guilt about jumping in the sack with me last night, so to smooth it over I jokingly made a comment that it was "fate" and "meant to be". She seemed to eat it up so I played along.

I've never been the romantic type but I don't mind doing things for girls who have proven themselves worthy.

So in the past how have you handled situations like this to your advantage? Do you all oblige these overly romantic type women SPARINGLY, always keeping them wanting more?

dionysius_d

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
They are after some idealistic shyt that they may have read about or fantasized about as a kid. Its the old prince charming and knight in white armour story. "If only a guy would do THAT for me.. then i would know and feel loved". That's the kind of thinking this kind of girl has in her head.

You can't do anything about it.. you certainly can't convince her its wrong or dumb.. she believes it. If you are feeling merciful at the time, you can indugle her in her thinking.. as you did, and give her some new age philosophical fairy floss.
If your goal is just keeping her, and you're fearful she will dump you if you don't deliver .. don't worry, she won't.. there's another thought at the back of her head, that goes like "maybe i can change him to be like THAT".. so consider yourself a pet project of hers.
Stay present, don't go along with it. When she complains about the lack of romance etc. just listen.. she'll feel stupid after a while, because she knows she's not living in reality.

Livingitup22

Don Juan
Reaction score
How to handle them?

Yup, your getting the idea! Space it some, don't overdo it. Most women want to know that their man is capable of romantic gestures. They do not want the super-sensitive poet stereotype, the guy who can't help but stink up the room with his weak, hyper-idealistic odor. Be pragmatic with your relationship and assertive about your expectations, but don't forget to show the spiritual and artistic parts of your personality fairly regularly. Obviously romantic actions should be well-thought out, creative and designed to impress, but they should also be infrequent.Far better to have a couple romantic endeavours every now and again than to bring her flowers every day or being in constant observance of the code of chivalry.

MrMetropolis

Don Juan
Reaction score
Just out of the blue... leave a note... actually a drawing, Here is the place to learn it.How to draw a rose.
It takes about 15min to do, And it is the ULTIMATE in romantic.

Firstly, It dosen't die,
secondly, it comes from the "heart" which women eat that crap up.
Third, it really dosen't take that much time.
Fourth, its free. :eek:

I know, some of you might think this is AFCish, however, if used spiratically and out of the blue it totally suprises women. It is all about seduction isn't it? But, you have to make sure your women digs this cheezy crap. If she is a beioch, you should have nexted her a long time ago. Live life on YOUR terms.

Asta,
Mr.Metro

STR8UP

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Much of it probably has to do with her being young. The LTR I was talking about finally realized that she was chasing a dream when she got a little older. The more inexperienced they are the more likely they are to believe that they might in fact stumble upon a fairy tale romance and live happily ever after. Then life manages to give them a healthy dose of reality.

Another thing that MELTED her in her seat was when she asked me "where would you like to travel to next that you've never been?" I anwered "Colorado", and she started glowing. Turns out thats where she wants her honeymoon to be. Yikes!

Gotta be careful about accidentally making it seem like we're soul mates....haha.