"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Overcoming the Arrogance of Women???

lord_mike

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Hi folks... long time reader, first time poster... some observations and a request for advice

We all know chicks can be snotty as hell, but it's just amazing how bad it can be. For example, this hottie winks at me on a match site. This *never* happens by the way, so I'm already suspicious. We're flirting and joking about movies, and she sends me an email that has this quote in it,

"I don't like the so-and-so version. I know, strong opinions. Get used to it."

GET USED TO IT????? :eek: Who are you, the queen of england?

Then, to top it off, I get an email response from a chick I met at speedmatching. I sent the original email 2 MONTHS AGO, and am only getting a reply now. The best part is that she replied like I sent it yesterday. No big whoop on her part. No "sorry I haven't emailed you". Not even, "it's been awhile" or something like that. It's like she fell in a time vortex or something and doesn't realize that it's been 2 months. It took me 5 minutes to even remember who she was. I'm sure she expects me to come running after her like an eager puppy dog ('cos you know, she's so great) who's just been waiting for his master.... man!!! :mad:

Anyways, I have a few ideas on how to handle these two, but I'd like to hear your opinions first. I bow to your DJ wisdom! :D

Thanks,

Mike
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

AlwaysExcel

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 12, 2004
Messages
293
Reaction score
0
Location
Midwest USA
Sup Mike!
I respect that you've decided to post on here. Consider losing the uptight war-of-the-genders attitude though. I found it to be extremely unhelpful to me. Chill out. It's e-mail/ It's not even face to face interaction where you can be dissed by their body language rather than emoticons. ;)

Also, I think women who get C&F with a guy are much cooler than girls who sit there with a confused and slightly uncomfortable look on their faces and don't engage you. Flirting is FUN!! And if their attitudes are for real, then even better! I love busting uppity girls' balls.

As far as the last girl goes, you can either treat it like it was no big deal (why should you be all bent out of shape that a stranger didn't reply?) or e-mail her back with a lot of funny exaggeration and humor emoticons, busting on her tardiness. Tell her that you've been camped out by the puter in the public library this whole time, waiting for her response. You got into a fist fight with the librarian who tried to kick you out. You sent out a Saint Bernard dog on a search and rescue mission for her. And you were about to give up ALL hope because you just KNEW she had been carried off by a pack of wild pygmies, when you FINALLY got her e-mail. LOL! Then say, "I think you owe me a coffee."
She may not have a good sense of humor but it sounds fun as hell!
 

Sart

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Sep 14, 2004
Messages
420
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Sydney
internet

Email, internet dating etc, isn't it a bit pointless? There is a real World with real people, why visit some dating site? But hey, maybe I'm outta touch.
 

lord_mike

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 16, 2004
Messages
15
Reaction score
0
Age
55
Excel,

Brilliant!!!! You are the true DJ.... <bows before his greatness> :p

Thanks,

Mike
 
Top