Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Overcoming FEAR is easy when you know how...

Robert Jordon

Don Juan
Reaction score
What is fear besides a 4 letter word? Fear is that voice which tells you what you should and shouldn't do. It's the voice that tells you to avoid talking to that hot chick or to run away from problems in your life.

The way I see it, fear is like a bully that tries to intimidate you. The more you listen to it and become a slave to it. The harder and stronger it comes onto you. But if you'll stand up to it, it dissappears. Because it knows it has no power over you.

It has been said by many wise men over the years that fear is like an evil energy, which penetrates everyone who will allow it to! Picture yourself as a house, and all these enemies are trying to get in through your front door. If you stand up to them and tell them to get lost and lock the door. They leave. BUt if you leave the door wide open, in they come! They will hunt you and destroy your dreams!

The next time fear trys to stop you from walking over and talking to that girl accross the room. Say to yourself mentally "back off! I'm not listen to this crap!" and walk right through the fear! You will notice that the fear will grab you (psychologically) and hold you back! This is when you need to be really strong and pull forward and do what feel is in your best interests!

Rob

Dee-Zy

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
WOW!!! GRRRRrrrrrrrrrrrEAT POST!!!
Id give mo then 2 thumbs up but I can't

I feel like going to tha mall again Tday...
It's too late now though

I really like tha metaphoer with tha house
but ESPECIALLY tha bully!!!
Good Work!!!

Peace Out
DZ

------------------
AZN THUGZ NEVER DIE!!! AZN THUGZ 4EVA ALIVE!!
Prepare yoself fer the KayZeez y'all!!!

bob2007

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
thanks for great tip!

Eternal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by Robert Jordon:
What is fear besides a 4 letter word?
Rob

I dont know if you got that from the Hardy Boys, but heres another thing from them that could help. Live for the moment.

Page

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
True.... to eliminate fear from the equation, you must simply deny it a foothold in your life.

Romeous Maximus

Reaction score
I believe fear is like a shadow, a phantom in our minds that ceases to exist when we recognize that it is nothing tangible, and cannot harm us. This is when it no longer has hold over us.

The question is, we all may have had ghosts in our minds when we were children.. (what, your older brothers never threw giblets at you in your sleep and then said it was the boogeyman?) but eventually we realized these fears were only in our minds...

Is it not the same with women?

Dr LuvSex

Don Juan
Reaction score
Great tip; a real confidence booster.

------------------
"What's the point of life if you can't have fun?"

"Um, yes, in my opinion, sex does rock."

Dr. LuvSex

BMW

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Should fear really be treated as an enemy rather than a friend who you have to convince that it's being irrational. If fear really was an enemy, then it wouldn't be protecting us from alot of dangerous things out there.

DJ Girevik

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Good tip. Remember the tip from one of the greatest, most confident Alpha-males the world has ever seen: "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt

LuckyStrike

Don Juan
Reaction score
So simple, yet so effective.

Take the fear out of the equation and watch how successful you can be! Things are hardly ever as bad as your mind makes them out to be. Seize control of your fear and don't let it get in your way!!

AFK Protector

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I disagree. Don't throw away your inhibitions. Fear is what keeps society in line. To prove my point, I want all of you to answer this question: Why don't you steal/rape/kill?

FEAR

Fear of punishment. Fear of what you're getting isn't going to be worth what you're getting. Fear.....

Alpine

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I guess what we are talking about are fears that are irrational and hold us back in an unresourceful way.

Fear is good when it stops us doing very silly things, like high diving if we've never done it before.

Fear also can help by stimulating the fight or flight hormones that can help focus the mind and body. The key is being in the right 'zone'. To much and you are a wreck.

Personally I've found one sentence repaeted over in my head helps eleviate false fear.

'I can handle it!'

Good books on the subject are by

Geoff Thompson- Fear, the friend of exceptional people and
Susan Jeffers- Feel the fear and do it anyway, a real classic.

Face your fears and make them go away.

Mike

Visceral

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Originally posted by DJ Girevik
Good tip. Remember the tip from one of the greatest, most confident Alpha-males the world has ever seen: "There is nothing to fear but fear itself." ~Franklin Delano Roosevelt
It is not an object or an experience that we fear, but the pain that comes with realizing both our weaknesses and the enormity of what we are attempting.

It is this pain that we run from and back to an existence we have mastered into effortlessness.

Morphiex

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
AFK Protector said:
I disagree. Don't throw away your inhibitions. Fear is what keeps society in line. To prove my point, I want all of you to answer this question: Why don't you steal/rape/kill?

FEAR

Fear of punishment. Fear of what you're getting isn't going to be worth what you're getting. Fear.....

The reason why i dont rape steal or kill isent because im afraid of punishment.
Its because i have good enough judgement to know that hurting other people is bad. Its that simple.

If you think that the only reason why you dont go do these aweful things is because your afraid of the consequences then you are seriously ****ed up.
and should looks closer at your self as a human being.
its this kind of mentality why we have child molesters and necrophiliac freaks running around in this world.

but back to the main post.
I agree fear is our own greatest enemy.
But rather then denying its existence, fight its position.
accept that you have fears , but dont let them control you.