"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Overcoming and solving the "height" issue once and for all.

MindNsoul

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
East Coast
At 5'10 I’m oddly considered short in today’s standards of what most women are looking for, however I've learned that this can be overcome by being in great physical shape and doing the following:

1. Go easy on the bulking (muscle or fat), you might want to try using the following scale as a guide:
5'3 - 5'5 no more than 155
5'6 - 5'9 no more than 170
5'10 - 6'2 no more than 185

2. Don’t wear tall “elevator” shoes that add more than 1’ to you height. Actually, if you can wear low bottomed shoes that would be best, cause it shows your confident with it.

3. Avoid horizontal lines. So don’t wear horizontal lined or checker pattern shirts, tops or clothing at all. Toss them out and go shopping for Vertical lined shirts and sweaters.

4. Avoid pants with pleated fronts and or those with cuffed bottoms. Also avoid pants that are not wide legged or boot cut styles. Mainly avoid those that are baggy on top and smaller at the bottom.

5. Always make sure your pants colors are darker than your top.

6. Straighten your posture.

7. When you workout focus on building your shoulders and neck size instead of your chest.

8. Having a flat stomach is very important for you if you’re under 6ft tall.

9. Spend money on a few good designer (Armani) belts since these are the ONLY horizontal lines that you’ll want to be seen on your body.

10. Keep your shoes clean and always looking new, because short men will typically get scanned from toe to head and NOT from head to toe.

11. Even when you’re in a crowed of tall people standing people remain standing also, don’t sit down or crouch over.

12. Look the women in the eyes at all times when talking to her.


I welcome additions or objection but that’s my 2cents on what's worked for me.
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

MVPlaya

Master Don Juan
Joined
Oct 13, 2003
Messages
1,298
Reaction score
8
Originally posted by MindNsoul
5'10 - 6'2 no more than 185
I'm 6'2, 195 pounds, and I look in the best shape of my life. I like my biceps (wanna add an inch nonetheless), got the real wide shoulderblades and the six-pack, plus I got my legs in shape, and I don't have a spare tire around my waste. I mean, 185 is a nice weight goal to set for yourself, but if you wanna be a little bigger, nothing wrong with some extra pounds.
 

MindNsoul

Don Juan
Joined
Oct 11, 2003
Messages
47
Reaction score
0
Age
49
Location
East Coast
Re: Re: Overcoming and solving the "height" issue once and for all.

Originally posted by MVPlaya
I'm 6'2, 195 pounds, and I look in the best shape of my life. I like my biceps (wanna add an inch nonetheless), got the real wide shoulderblades and the six-pack, plus I got my legs in shape, and I don't have a spare tire around my waste. I mean, 185 is a nice weight goal to set for yourself, but if you wanna be a little bigger, nothing wrong with some extra pounds.
these guides are for people less than 6ft. After 6ft the rules don't apply cause you don't have a height issue..
 

vdk

Don Juan
Joined
May 17, 2003
Messages
198
Reaction score
1
Location
Brisbane, Australia
Mind you are right. I always thought the best bodies are tennis players and soccer players. If you bulk on too much you end up looking shorter plus you will be consuming food like crazy and the maintenance required.
 

madgame

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 23, 2003
Messages
860
Reaction score
1
I realize this post is for guys under 6ft. but then y do you say that between 5'10 and 6'2 you shouldnt weigh any more than 185lbs? Would probably leave that one out if u wrote this thread again, right?;-)

Anyways, from what I know being 5'10 isnt considered short at all. Its considered average or maybe a lil less than average. However I dont think height plays such a big role as you tend to believe. I'm 6'3 and some (maybe a lot) girls seem to like it, but Im pretty sure that your looks/style/built is way more important than your height, as least as you're not "short" (no offense to anyone who is though) and 5'10 is definetly not "short". I know so many guys who score pretty damn well with chicks and who are around 5'10. Being tall(er than 5'10) might be a plus, but it isnt that essential. Its just a plus like for example nice abs, a firm chest, broad shoulders, a stylish haircut, nice clothes, a "cute" (sorry but thats what girls call it ;-)) smile,...
Oh and I wouldnt recommend that you focus on working your shoulders/traps out more than your chest. Get a good balanced workout routine (which wont really take up too much time if planned and executed properly) and work out everything. Just aim for a well-built physique all in all.
 

"You'll Never Feel READY to Walk Over"

Next Monday you'll feel more confident. After the gym you'll feel more confident. After one more drink you'll feel more confident. After you get a better haircut, a better jacket, a better job.

You've been "getting ready" for two years.

She's standing ten feet away right now. She'll be gone in four minutes. No amount of preparation will manufacture the courage that only comes from moving your feet.

Walk over. Stumble through the first sentence. Let it be clumsy. Let it be imperfect. You will feel more alive in those ten seconds than you have all month.

Read more...

Clint

New Member
Joined
Jan 21, 2004
Messages
4
Reaction score
0
I'm 6' 2 and 185 lbs. I play soccer, so I'm in outstanding shape. I'm a ****ing god.
 

DankNuggs

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 14, 2003
Messages
586
Reaction score
0
I thought 5'8" was average for guys, I'm 5'10" myself and never felt any sort of phobia over it, although i tend not to go for chicks taller than me. Thats leaves girls 5'8" and under generally. Considering the average female is 5'4" and 140lbs, I probably have close to 80% of the female population to work with. Add in the fact that lots of real tall girls are ugly beasts, I'm only missing out on the supermodel hotties. Its a tough price to pay, but I can live with that...
 

Kineti[C]harm

Master Don Juan
Joined
Nov 16, 2003
Messages
1,520
Reaction score
2
I'm 6'2 and about 188 pounds. I'm looking to gain some more weight in the form of muscles though, get slightly better chest/arm definition.
 

Tkman

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jul 31, 2003
Messages
297
Reaction score
0
Age
57
5'10 is short !!!

give me a break
 

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
5 10 = 178-179cm ? Or not ?
If so .. DAMN ! Is that considered short today ? I'm 5'10 too I think, I don't use those inches and stuff but I guess it's something near 179cm no ? I never had ANY problem with height vs girls, sure there are a lot of guys taller then me, but it's not them I want to **** so who cares. Most playmates are 1m60, and they are HOT as hell. And most of the girls over here are smaller then me .. usually a couple of cm's so even if they wear high heels stuff they're smaller then me.. The tall ones are usually not attractive anyway :D

But seriously, 5'10 is short ? If I'm not mistaking that's the heigth they use on catwalks for the dudes (or wait .. metrosexuals ? :D)
 

"Stop Asking Your Friends What to Text Her"

Your buddy Dave has been single for three years and thinks "hey u up" is a valid strategy. Your other buddy Mike just got dumped and told you to "just be yourself."

You showed them her text. You asked them to decode the emoji. You drafted four responses and sent the screenshot to the group chat for a vote.

She's been waiting forty minutes.

Put the phone down. Stop crowdsourcing your love life. Type something that sounds like you. Hit send. Then go do literally anything else with your evening.

Read more...

Charisma

Master Don Juan
Joined
Apr 21, 2003
Messages
593
Reaction score
0
I don't know the official numbers or anything, but I got two rather gay dudes that do that as an earning to pay some of their costs at college, and they're as tall as me. They also pose for those posters you see in those designer stores.
 

NewMan

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jul 29, 2003
Messages
2,406
Reaction score
16
Location
Los Angeles
I'm 5'8" and 195 lbs.

I've a 30 inch waist - but my shoulders, traps, neck, bi-ceps are pretty fing big.

The whole idea is to get a nice V shape - tight waist to large shoulders - but not to muscle bound (in my opinion).

Weight is irrelevant and pegging people into generic weight categories is useless.

It's irrelevant how much you way - some people have very small frames others have larger frames - it's how you look that matters. Dress to show off you best attributes.
 

bliss420

Don Juan
Joined
Jul 24, 2003
Messages
45
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
toronto, ont
ok i guess everyone has different opinions on matters but i've gotta disagree with most of whats been said in this thread about not bulking up.. i'm a short guy (5'6") and it really used to bother me.. like i'd be self concious about it when talkin to girls taller/same height as i and the like then i took up bodybuilding b/c i was sick of being small in general.. and haven't looked back since.. some girls might dislike to bulky look but i gotta tell yah.. some girls absolutely love it.. you're not gonna attract most or all girls with one particular look.. my buddy is 6'0" and about 180pds and he's pretty skinny.. alot of women want a guy with some muscle to feel against them when you're poundin 'em.. im not talkin smack about skinnier guys, just saying that different women like different things.. now i weight in at about 170pds and i look f'n great.. huge v-taper and i'm just weeks away from a nice ripped six pack for reading week down south.. since i've put on muscle.. i've noticed that girls always touch my arms or my chest when i'm talkin to them and that opens me up for some good C+F about how my chest is almost as big as theirs or comments along those lines.. biggin' myself up.. in a joking way of course..

but yah just puttin in a few words for a short guy.. lol

as for guys who are 5'10" being short.. i dunno where you live thats thats a pretty decent height round here
 

Mr. Delicious

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jun 24, 2003
Messages
498
Reaction score
0
Age
44
Location
OK
I am 5'8 and I go to OSU. I have been here for 4 years and realized that i am short for a guy and about average height for a girl around here. I guess everyone is taller in Oklahoma :confused:
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Top