Over training?

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Would BW pistols 3x a week + tabata 3x a week = over training, my recovery isn't too great.

Kerpal

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Not enough information to answer that question, there are too many variables. I know that would be a warm up for me, but we have no idea how good your work capacity is.

yungahdubz

Senior Don Juan
Reaction score
Well i havent worked out in like 5 weeks due to being in a cast.

Recovery took longer than expected so cast was only recently removed.

I haven't squatted using a barbell for quite a while due to not having a power rack so coudln't clean the weight upto my chest.

I've been doing body weight box pistols for a few weeks instead, lowering the height by an inch or so each workout if all sets and reps are completed, 5x5.

My endurance is terrible, i got 6.9 in the bleep test i think.

I would be working out Wed, Fri, Sun with weights and doing tabata Thurs, Sat and Mon so one day of not doing anything.

I will be starting ripptoe but doing box pistols instead of squats and incline DB bench pressing instead of regular bench.

Royce

Don Juan
Reaction score
Its very hard to over train if you condition yourself for it. Look at professional athletes. Your right about the recovery time, you need to manage your time better if this is a problem.

talrock

Don Juan
Reaction score
I noticed that my endurance and work capacity increased significantly when I started doing light circuit training/barbell complexes daily in conjunction with my powerlifting/strongman training. Depending on your goals, I would incorporate some form of cardio to your training, if you haven't done so already. Good luck with your goals.