Hello Friend,

If this is your first visit to SoSuave, I would advise you to START HERE.

It will be the most efficient use of your time.

And you will learn everything you need to know to become a huge success with women.

Thank you for visiting and have a great day!

Outer game: Confusion about two conflicting ideas.

FruitLoops

Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading 'The rational male' and this one sentence caught my eye where Mr. Rollo says that, keeping a woman ignorant about your intentions is the single most potent weapon a man can have.
This sentence actually brought in more confusion than clearing things for me.
What i have heard and read here is that, a man should make his intentions clear to the woman; the female should know that the man is romantically interested in her and wants to be more than just friends.
Arent both these ideas in sharp contrast to each other? Or am i interpreting these wrong.
What are your thoughts on this? Is there any way we can achieve a perfect balance between these two ideas?

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I was reading 'The rational male' and this one sentence caught my eye where Mr. Rollo says that, keeping a woman ignorant about your intentions is the single most potent weapon a man can have.
What i have heard and read here is that, a man should make his intentions clear to the woman; the female should know that the man is romantically interested in her and wants to be more than just friends.
Arent both these ideas in sharp contrast to each other? Or am i interpreting these wrong.
What are your thoughts on this? Is there any way we can achieve a perfect balance between these two ideas?
That is not game. RM is red pill. They are married. Not actively approaching and pulling. Furthermore, if Rollo was ever actually pulling, it was over thirty years ago and dated at best. Read the book for red pill and understanding the general ideas but think for yourself. Finally, learn game by going out and getting girls.

Kotaix

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should make your intentions clear to a woman, but you should do so non-verbally if at all possible and try to keep it that way. Do this by smiling and looking her in the eyes with genuine desire and a quiet mind. Genuine desire is not looking at her and thinking "I want to fvck you", that's when it comes across as creepy.

A woman enjoys the mystery of not knowing everything way more than having everything laid out plainly for her to see. If I'm not mistaken this is what Rollo is referring to, it's been a long time since I read the book.

Do not reveal your inner thought processes or intentions to people unless they specifically ask you for them, there is very little good that can come from it.

This advice is so old, it's in the Tao Te Ching - "He who displays himself cannot shine."

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Rollo is wrong on virtually all practical advice by virtue of extreme rigidity. Some of his theory is good, but that is too rigid as well.
I find him too academic. He can be interesting to listen to, but it's all theories with a lot of fluff in between. I don't really have the patience.

bat soup

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I've heard that before, in lots of different places (the idea of keeping your feelings unclear).

But yes, of course you also have to show interest to get things started, because most women are so passive that they think looking in your direction for half a second is being forward.

I think maybe the distinction is in what you should be leaving unclear. You should show interest, yes, and you should make a move because you're the man and she's the woman. You lead, she follows. But you shouldn't be clear about where exactly you're going to take her.

Last edited:

Black Widow Void

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I suspect that "intention" depends on the situation.

Yes; when meeting a girl, you want her to know your intentions
no playing it safe or being ambiguous - you want her to know that you are interested.

No: Once she's interested, you don't want to confess too much intention.
If doing so, you run the risk of a girl becoming smug or overly confident.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
You should make your intentions clear to a woman, but you should do so non-verbally if at all possible and try to keep it that way. Do this by smiling and looking her in the eyes with genuine desire and a quiet mind. Genuine desire is not looking at her and thinking "I want to fvck you", that's when it comes across as creepy.

A woman enjoys the mystery of not knowing everything way more than having everything laid out plainly for her to see. If I'm not mistaken this is what Rollo is referring to, it's been a long time since I read the book.

Do not reveal your inner thought processes or intentions to people unless they specifically ask you for them, there is very little good that can come from it.

This advice is so old, it's in the Tao Te Ching - "He who displays himself cannot shine."
I think it coincides nicely with the point of view to be demonstrating not explicate.

RangerMIke

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
I understand on the surface this is confusing.

As soon as a woman knows that you are committed to a 'relationship' you start losing leverage. Men are the ones that decide if a relationship starts... If you pop on the 'love goggles' that is when things get complicated. If she KNOWS you love her unconditionally that is when she starts putting 'conditions' on it's maintenance.

The only way you can keep a relationship you want, is to have the mindset that you don't really care about it.

You make clear what you want with EVERYTHING accept the relationship. You control your emotions. You should want her: you should not need her.

Igetit!

Reaction score
I understand on the surface this is confusing.

As soon as a woman knows that you are committed to a 'relationship' you start losing leverage. Men are the ones that decide if a relationship starts... If you pop on the 'love goggles' that is when things get complicated. If she KNOWS you love her unconditionally that is when she starts putting 'conditions' on it's maintenance.

The only way you can keep a relationship you want, is to have the mindset that you don't really care about it.

You make clear what you want with EVERYTHING accept the relationship. You control your emotions. You should want her: you should not need her.

BINGO. Exactly what I was thinking.

Rollo didn't mean to keep a woman ignorant or guessing when you FIRST meet her....of course you need to make your interest clear. You need to be CLEAR about your sexual interest in her when you two first meet. The part where you want to "keep her guessing" is if you want a RELATIONSHIP after you two have already been seeing each other for a while.

A whole.....whole.....like a WHOLE LOT of people get "sex/sexual interest" and "RELATIONSHIP" confused. They use them interchangeably,as if they're one and the same. THEY'RE NOT.

If you let a woman know you're "sexually" interested in her after knowing her all of 5 minutes,that's fine. If you come off as wanting a relationship with her after 5 minutes,she's probably gonna try to get away from you faster than the speed of light.

This is why you have guys talking about,"Well....everything was fine until I told her that I LIKED HER"....or everything was good until I told her how I felt". Uhhh......yeah,that's not "sexual" interest......that's RELATIONSHIP interest. That's why Rollo said you have to keep her guessing.

If she thinks she has you won over too soon,it's curtains.

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score

Beautiful post. Matches my experience.

A borderline psychopathic tip for plates with their guard up:

To build slight comfort, it's useful to fake some vulnerability, appear to let your guard down, so your plate does it too.

Never after sex tho.

If you're feeling courageous, be genuine instead.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Happy new year mate! Started off the first day with hundred pound dumbell chest press for reps.

Hope you're crushing your fitness goals.
Dark mate, right on. Doing more calisthenics than weights. London is hurting. Space is at a premium so, the gym setup or equipment is not the ideal situation. Alternatively, I have let my joints heal for 80% of the year. The body feels limber and strong. I am being more cognizant if training, rest, loading and deload phases. It's huge. In terms of aesthetics, I highly advise intermittent fasting. It's monumental to my well being. I will be increasing my fasting window too.

FruitLoops

Don Juan
Reaction score
BINGO. Exactly what I was thinking.

Rollo didn't mean to keep a woman ignorant or guessing when you FIRST meet her....of course you need to make your interest clear. You need to be CLEAR about your sexual interest in her when you two first meet. The part where you want to "keep her guessing" is if you want a RELATIONSHIP after you two have already been seeing each other for a while.

A whole.....whole.....like a WHOLE LOT of people get "sex/sexual interest" and "RELATIONSHIP" confused. They use them interchangeably,as if they're one and the same. THEY'RE NOT.

If you let a woman know you're "sexually" interested in her after knowing her all of 5 minutes,that's fine. If you come off as wanting a relationship with her after 5 minutes,she's probably gonna try to get away from you faster than the speed of light.

This is why you have guys talking about,"Well....everything was fine until I told her that I LIKED HER"....or everything was good until I told her how I felt". Uhhh......yeah,that's not "sexual" interest......that's RELATIONSHIP interest. That's why Rollo said you have to keep her guessing.

If she thinks she has you won over too soon,it's curtains.
That clears up a lot of stuff for me. I am one of those guys for whom everything goes well at the start and then girl start to lose interest cause i have started caring for her and start giving her more attention than she deserves.
Thank you for clearing this up. Cheers!!

darksprezzatura

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Dark mate, right on. Doing more calisthenics than weights. London is hurting. Space is at a premium so, the gym setup or equipment is not the ideal situation. Alternatively, I have let my joints heal for 80% of the year. The body feels limber and strong. I am being more cognizant if training, rest, loading and deload phases. It's huge. In terms of aesthetics, I highly advise intermittent fasting. It's monumental to my well being. I will be increasing my fasting window too.
Once I reach 13-14% body fat I'll be going for IF + fasted cardio + Yohimbine HCL/Rauwolscine. Check it out.

DEEZEDBRAH

Master Don Juan
Reaction score
Once I reach 13-14% body fat I'll be going for IF + fasted cardio + Yohimbine HCL/Rauwolscine. Check it out.
Caution with yohimbe. I had it in a pre workout. It is now banned. I don't do pre.

Congrats on the plateau and aesthetics. I read Path to God. Ram Dass. I read the Quaran and Tao Te Ching. It got me going on fasting. Intermittent fasting is legit. Extended fasts force ketosis. Have a look at the thread. I need to get on a update.

I wish to see a NYE resolution thread for 2021.

Might I add, read WHY we sleep by Matt Walker. Double down on sleep in 2021. It is virtually impossible to lose weight and body fat with ****ed up sleep. It is so therapeutic to gains, PRs, shredding, aesthetics, etc. Noted a decline of 85% in output from rubbish sleep. Check jre 1109 I think is the Rogan walker podcast. It's a amazing read. Noticed more gains and even better game believe it or not (sharper, more witty, spot IOIs, better articulate, smoother, more pulling). Keep me posted on your uodates. I get jacked up on transformations.