"How I Made Sure No Woman Ever Friend-Zoned Me Again"

She calls you when her car breaks down. When she needs help moving. When some guy she's actually dating treats her badly.

You're the listener. The reliable one. The guy who would treat her so much better, if she'd just open her eyes.

She won't. You trained her to see you as the low-effort option — the friend who requires zero risk and zero investment. Every favor dug the hole deeper.

The "22 Rules" break the pattern. You'll stop auditioning for a role she already cast and become the man she chases instead. It starts with Rule 1.

Read more...

Out of nowhere I'm getting a feeling to call my ex

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
I brokeup with my ex 3 months ago and since then I've been seeing other women but I have still been missing her a little but the pain has really died down alot since we first brokeup and the past 3 days for some reason out of nowhere I get this feeling that I should call her. Before I just never felt to call her, I don't get why I feel I need to call her. The funny thing is theres this other girl I know who wont stop calling me, right when this other girl started calling me I started to get the feelings.

The deal with the ex is I told her to get lost and she just didnt want to see me anymore and I know she is still single now but she's really desperate. I totally cut contact right when we brokeup I only called to apologize for the harsh things I said last time I talked to her and I havent talked to her since.

I just don't know why I get this sudden urge all of the sudden to get in contact wth her. I also saw her best friend who I havent seen since I broke up with my ex the other day right after this other girl started calling me. No matter what I wont call my ex back eather.

Also the thing is since I got these urges I've been trying to keep even busier than I was before.

edit: i want to add that i didnt tell her to actually get lost, i just said some really harsh things about her back then and i regret it.
 

"She's Out of Your League"

You've said it a hundred times. Maybe a thousand. And every time you say it, you train your brain to freeze the next time she walks into the room.

Leagues are a myth invented by guys who are scared of women.

She's a person. She has bad breath in the morning. She picks songs she can't sing in the shower. She overthinks her own texts.

Walk over. Say something. The league dissolves the second you open your mouth.

Read more...

KiInCollege

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2002
Messages
424
Reaction score
3
Location
USA, Graduated Already - old screen name!
Maybe your other prospects don't compare to your ex? Sounds like you're either lonely or realizing that she was the best you've had.

If it bothers you enough, calling her costs you a few pennies. I personally never call exes, but maybe that's because I'm happier with the next girl.
 

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
I dont know it just seems that since this other girl started calling me I really feel like getting in contact with my ex. I just know it's best not to call so I dont do it I just have really strong feelings to do it out of nowhere.

I have missed her since we brokeup but I just never felt the urge to really call her back till now.
 

mango

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
38
Reaction score
0
you know what I think Dillin!!!

Call her!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Do it for me atleast!!! Check my PM message. I don't know, you know I'm looking for the same answers as you do!! You probably simply just miss her, want to bury the hatchet and a little scared to do it. Don't just walk away.
 

"She Wants a Man, Not a Boy"

You asked her if she wanted to grab coffee. Then you asked if the time worked. Then you asked if the place was okay. Then you asked if she'd prefer tea.

Four questions. Four chances for her to say no. Four signals that you're terrified of making a decision.

Plan it. Pick the place. Pick the time. Tell her where to meet you. She'll either show up or she won't.

Either way, you look like a man instead of a scared little boy.

Read more...

Lola

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 23, 2004
Messages
36
Reaction score
0
what youre feeling now is very common. Ive read up (mostly some interesting books) a bit on this breakup behavior and it seems about 2 months after a breakup the regret seems to set in.

What do you mean by you think shes desperate?
 

hb

Master Don Juan
Joined
Sep 2, 2000
Messages
768
Reaction score
0
Location
California
BEEN THRU THIS BEFORE AND THE REASON U WANT TO CALL HER BACK IS BECAUSE U CANT FIND ANYONE ELSE AND U KNOW IT :cool:
 

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
What do you mean by you think shes desperate?
She is desperate to be in a relationship but she has always been single till I came along. Her best friend told me before I even met her.
 

DJ_Dork

Master Don Juan
Joined
Jun 29, 2003
Messages
1,178
Reaction score
0
Age
48
The only reason why you want to go back to your ex if you want to become her man again. The wrong reason is: That you can't find anyone better. How she saw you before is how she still sees you, I'd never go back to my ex no matter unless she starts respecting me like a person when she didn't before.
 

floaton

New Member
Joined
Mar 24, 2004
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
i'm in the same situation. it's been longer than 3 months though (about 8). it's not that i can't find someone better.. it's that what we had was really good.

it is true though, when you look back at past relationships, you tend to remember the good a lot better than the bad. keep that in mind. as good as things seemed they were, there is a reason you broke up.

in my case.. it was just the distance thing.
 

“The 22 Rules That Flip the Script With Women… And How You Can Use Them Tonight”

Most guys accidentally kill attraction before they even speak. They assume they need a bigger bank account, a better physique, or smoother lines. They miss the point.

Female desire operates on a specific set of psychological triggers.  Break them, and you're invisible. Follow them, and you become magnetic.

I learned this the hard way. Years of freezing up. Getting friend-zoned. Watching other guys walk away with the girl I wanted. Then I discovered a set of 22 simple rules that rewired my entire approach.

Read more...

MarkHenry

Don Juan
Joined
Dec 7, 2003
Messages
11
Reaction score
0
You have new girls. Move on and forget about her. Remember you broke up with her for a reason.

Use the search function and you will see the answer to your question. Most will say never go back to your ex, or even call for that matter. It sounds like you still have oneitis over her, and calling her is only going to make it worse.
 

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
It's been about a week since I first posted this and the feeling to call her is still here and I just have to force myself not to do it. It hit me at the 3 month mark and not the 2 month mark btw not sure why though.

The thing is I really havent found anyone else I actually care about, yeah I've met other girls but I dont really care about them and I really do want to just get over this but it's been hard especially these past couple weeks for some reason.

One thing that makes it hard is I know she's still single and been single the whole time aswell.

I really just want to get over this and I did cut all contact so.
 

jnallen

Senior Don Juan
Joined
Jan 21, 2003
Messages
253
Reaction score
0
Age
58
Location
Ohio
So "what"...follow your heart...

Do what you want to do. Maybe she is single...maybe she is not...

Remember this..."don't listen to what they say...watch what they do"

You have to decide what is best for you...

IMO

JNA
 

dillin

Don Juan
Joined
Mar 7, 2004
Messages
172
Reaction score
0
Well looks like my ex is going to this same party I'm going to tomorow and I'll have to see her. What do you thinks the best thing to do? It's going to be awkward to see her since I totally cut contact 3 months ago.
 
Joined
Nov 6, 2003
Messages
4,280
Reaction score
8
Location
Wisconsin. USA
Just catch up with what has been going on in her life in the last 3 months!! Be pleasant, and 'don't' say sorry again or bring up your/her past unless she brings it up first!
 

"I just moved here from Florida."

That sentence contains at least five follow-up questions she WANTS you to ask. Where in Florida? What brought you here? How long have you been in the area? What do you miss? How does it compare to here?

She handed them to you on a silver platter. And you said, "Oh cool. I come here every week. I love this band. Ummm... pretty crowded tonight."

She smiled politely. Nodded. And never texted you back.

I was that guy for years. Talking too much. Listening too little. Panicking about my next sentence while she was literally feeding me the answers.

Then I found 22 rules that fixed the whole thing. Rule number one: shut up and listen. She'll tell you exactly what to say.

Read more...

Top